• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

VIDEOS THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH

An oldie, but goodie.

Porkins was played by my old friend Bill Hootkins. His story was tragic. I may tell it in another thread.

He was your friend? That's very cool. I actually was inspired to read about him this weekend on Wikipedia after seeing this video. Weird how he had a connection to the JFK assassination when he was just a high school kid. Got interviewed by the FBI apparently. I always figured he was just some rando nothing actor, but he actually had a fairly extensive acting portfolio both before and after Star Wars. I heard he was a little taken aback when he heard his name would be "Porkins" in the movie. Made him a little self conscious, apparently. I wonder if that was just a little joke by Lucas.

He was your friend? That's very cool. I actually was inspired to read about him this weekend on Wikipedia after seeing this video. Weird how he had a connection to the JFK assassination when he was just a high school kid. Got interviewed by the FBI apparently. I always figured he was just some rando nothing actor, but he actually had a fairly extensive acting portfolio both before and after Star Wars. I heard he was a little taken aback when he heard his name would be "Porkins" in the movie. Made him a little self conscious, apparently. I wonder if that was just a little joke by Lucas.
I've posted some of my memories of Hootkins n the What Are You Thinking About Right Now thread.

Back
Top Bottom