• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Violence Against Women and Stand Your Ground

His stated action was following. I see nothing to suggest he did anything more than that until he was jumped.
He was told not to follow by the police. And there’s no evidence of what happened, including whether he was jumped or instigated the encounter himself, because he killed the other potential witness.
I don't expect Loren to remember the evidence we discussed at length in the Dying for Skittles thread, but Zimmerman's self serving lies about being ambushed were debunked long ago.

Zimmerman's most avid supporters cannot bring themselves to admit that Martin had a Right under Florida law to Stand His Ground when confronted by a thug who pursued and assaulted him, much like women are being denied the same Right when facing threats from the partners and ex-partners who imperil their lives. At the very least it's anecdotal evidence the OP is correct. Self-defense laws were written for men and they fail women (and minorities) who need them.
Self defense laws were written for white men…and white female victims of black threats, real or perceived.

Such laws fail women and minorities.

Zimmerman was clearly intending to bring the police, not fight the guy.
but the police told him not to follow or approach the guy. The fact that he didn’t do what the police said negates your assertion of his “clear intent”.
No. You are establishing that he's an idiot--but that's something that I see no dispute over.
You implied something about his intent. Something you couldn’t possibly know without being in his head. I am showing evidence that you are likely wrong about his intent. I know you disagree but that’s just your opinion, no more inherently valid or correct than my own.

Given that he called the police and then defied what the police told him to do I believe that it is incorrect that his intent was to “clearly” to just bring the matter to the attention of the police. He could have let the police handle it as they said but I would say it was “clearly” more likely he wanted a confrontation.
His stated action was following. I see nothing to suggest he did anything more than that until he was jumped.
How many times does it have to be said that the girlfriend testified under oath that Zimmerman attacked Martin. For you to say you see nothing is an impossibility and a reflection of your inherant bias.

but the police told him not to follow or approach the guy. The fact that he didn’t do what the police said negates your assertion of his “clear intent”.
No. You are establishing that he's an idiot--but that's something that I see no dispute over.
You implied something about his intent. Something you couldn’t possibly know without being in his head. I am showing evidence that you are likely wrong about his intent. I know you disagree but that’s just your opinion, no more inherently valid or correct than my own.

Given that he called the police and then defied what the police told him to do I believe that it is incorrect that his intent was to “clearly” to just bring the matter to the attention of the police. He could have let the police handle it as they said but I would say it was “clearly” more likely he wanted a confrontation.
How many times does it have to be said that the girlfriend testified under oath that Zimmerman attacked Martin. For you to say you see nothing is an impossibility and a reflection of your inherant bias.
And that the earwitness testimony of the neighbors who heard the fight break out and the sound of running footsteps, along with the cell phone records indicating the time and duration of the last phone conversation Martin had with Jeantel, coupled with the location of Martin's dropped phone and where he was killed, strongly support Jeantel's testimony and utterly destroy Zimmerman's lies about being "jumped".

Except, he wasn't jumped.

Unfortunately, the death of Trayvon Martin is pertinent in any discussion of SYG and self-defense, especially when the discussion is focused on how self-defense laws give blanket protection to white men who kill and utterly fail women and minorities trying to protect themselves.

Unfortunately, the death of Trayvon Martin is pertinent in any discussion of SYG and self-defense, especially when the discussion is focused on how self-defense laws give blanket protection to white men who kill and utterly fail women and minorities trying to protect themselves.
Uh, George Zimmerman wasn't white so why do you bring him up?

But, Jesus Christ, we have beat the TM, GZ case to death on this forum. Probably more so than any other topic, (except Trump of course) Isn't there some other similar situation that could be referenced?

Uh, George Zimmerman wasn't white so why do you bring him up?

But, Jesus Christ, we have beat the TM, GZ case to death on this forum. Probably more so than any other topic, (except Trump of course) Isn't there some other similar situation that could be referenced?
Not when people keep posting bullshit about Zimmerman being "jumped".

Facts matter.

Back
Top Bottom