• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Voting for Trump

How likely would you vote for Trump?

• Absolutely

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Very likely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Likely

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not sure/undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unlikely

• Very unlikely

• No way

Votes: 39 88.6%

• Total voters
What part of "never" gives you comprehension problems?
That's a dumb question. However, my macho friend, in offering a response let me say that the source gives me pause.
Out of curiosity, Dirty Harry, off the top of your head, how many posts do you think you've typed or threads you've initiated that are critical of Obama/Clinton for their murderous ways? I'm betting the answer is zero.

What part of "never" gives you comprehension problems?
That's a dumb question. However, my macho friend, in offering a response let me say that the source gives me pause.
Out of curiosity, Dirty Harry, off the top of your head, how many posts do you think you've typed or threads you've initiated that are critical of Obama/Clinton for their murderous ways? I'm betting the answer is zero.

You can ask two questions in on response.

Anyway, the word "never" in this context was maybe meant to be "assassinated" as there are times killing is perfectly warranted.

For example, if Donald Trump came into my house at night, thereby causing me to be in reasonable fear for my life, I'd be justified in venting the area below the worst weave in history with my 45-70 because self-defense is a complete defense.

how many posts do you think you've typed or threads you've initiated that are critical of Obama/Clinton for their murderous ways? I'm betting the answer is zero.

The answer is precisely zero, because I've really only posted here since the orange nazi has been president. Obama at least tried ti be a decent human being - trumpo doesn't even know what decency is. I wish Hillary would STFU, and retire, though - she is toxic...but trumpo is still worse.

Not to be a dick (meaning: about to be a dick), but what's the purpose of this poll in this forum, or for this entire website for that matter?

Is it to ferret out the tiny handful of members who voted for Trump? I think it's pretty obvious who they are.

If this place had substantial conservative representation, it would be interesting. But it doesn't, so it seems purposeless.

Note that I hate Trump as much as anyone else here.

Conservative?

There are no more conservative Republicans.

They are insane.

They fight doing anything about climate change. They fight against trying to implement a good single payer health care system.

They lower taxes and raise spending.

Go to a Republican dominated site.

They are living in an alternative universe.

They are not a rational party.

They are people wanting only power with any means available.

Not to be a dick (meaning: about to be a dick), but what's the purpose of this poll in this forum, or for this entire website for that matter?

Is it to ferret out the tiny handful of members who voted for Trump? I think it's pretty obvious who they are.

If this place had substantial conservative representation, it would be interesting. But it doesn't, so it seems purposeless.

I haven't had my ear to the wall in the politics forum, and there's some names I don't recognize. I'm guessing 5% to 20% would likely (or better) vote for him but wanted to narrow it down a bit more.

On this forum, it is very likely that anyone who says they would vote for Trump is trolling the poll.

Last edited:

I haven't had my ear to the wall in the politics forum, and there's some names I don't recognize. I'm guessing 5% to 20% would likely (or better) vote for him but wanted to narrow it down a bit more.

On this forum, it is very likely that anyone who says they would vote for Trump is trolling the poll.

I don't like to throw around other people's names, so I won't. But I do think there's at least two Trumpfans here. Otherwise, yes, you're probably right.

Conservative?

There are no more conservative Republicans.

They are insane.

I think there still are reasonable conservative people in the U.S. I would bet there are even some in Congress. But they're as numerous as horny zoo-pandas. That is, extinction is a hair's breadth away.

The GOP/Trump has become such that if a political fiction writer would have penned this exact [Trump] story just 10 years ago, it would have been rightly criticized as being a ridiculous caricature of American conservatism, even following Bush/Cheney. The GOP/Trump is this:

hell__s_circus_by_didi1959.jpg

And decidedly not this:

heavengold.jpg

I don't like to throw around other people's names, so I won't. But I do think there's at least two Trumpfans here. Otherwise, yes, you're probably right.
I couldn't list 4 if I tried. I figured I just simply hadn't been playing close enough attention.

I think I could get to 3--possibly. But that probably means I'm forgetting about a couple of others.

Oh well. They can speak up if they want.

I couldn't list 4 if I tried. I figured I just simply hadn't been playing close enough attention.

Yeah, this place sometimes resembles a loony left echo chamber. Consider yourself the lone voice of sanity. :)

Do you honestly think there is a Democrat who would be worse than Trump? I never vote for the lesser of two evils because I believe that one candidate is always better than the other. I always vote for the better candidate. No candidate is perfect. No candidate is going to agree with everything I want. And, I don't have to like the candidate, as long as he/she is better than the alternative.
So who did you vote for, Jill Stein or Gary Johnson?

I suppose it would depend on his opponent.
View attachment 17802

Even then it'd be a damn tough call. I probably just wouldn't vote.
And I was going to suggest someone as mundane as John Bachtell (Communist Party USA leader)...not that he would be nominated by the Dums either.

Yeah, this place sometimes resembles a loony left echo chamber. Consider yourself the lone voice of sanity. :)

By all means, please do pontificate on the sanity of Trump. Enlighten us so that we may be led from wastelands of insanity in which we're imprisoned.

By all means, please do pontificate on the sanity of Trump. Enlighten us so that we may be led from wastelands of insanity in which we're imprisoned.

He's had the left go on all these silly tangents while his administration quietly implements his agenda.

He's had the left go on all these silly tangents while his administration quietly implements his agenda.

That makes him a good manipulator, not a good president. A good president brings calm, stability and reason to a situation. Trump only knows how to fake those qualities, he doesn't actually possess them. Trump might not even believe in qualities such as those.

Is this the 4-D chess argument? The one that says that Trump is so brilliant he's always 5 steps ahead of everyone else?

And what silly tangents do you speak of?

You mean all the arrests and convictions of those closest too him? His status as unindicted co-conspirator? His conspiring to gain information from a foreign country during an election in violation of U.S. law? His well documented thousands of lies? Etc.

BTW, it's the GOP implementing their agenda. Trump doesn't have an agenda. He's just a flailing boob whose usefulness will soon come to an end.

What you're essentially saying is that Trump is purposefully acting like the world's biggest idiot who has voluntarily committed criminal acts in order to distract people.

lol, Trump a good president? No doubt Putin and Un love his qualities ... but anyone who's read a little history sees him for the disaster that he is.

Back
Top Bottom