• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Voting for Trump

How likely would you vote for Trump?

• Absolutely

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Very likely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Likely

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not sure/undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unlikely

• Very unlikely

• No way

Votes: 39 88.6%

• Total voters
I couldn't list 4 if I tried. I figured I just simply hadn't been playing close enough attention.

Yeah, this place sometimes resembles a loony left echo chamber. Consider yourself the lone voice of sanity. :)

Trump is a shining example of sanity? Come again?

I think an interesting parallel would be to see how many would ever vote republican again, even without the orange pestilence.
There are a few independant-ish, centrist republicans, mostly at state level positions, that I could ostensibly vote for.

Ironically, one of the more progressive candidates I ever met and got to vote for was the republican representative of the district I lived in KS. She was pretty progressive (pro-LGBTQ rights, pro gay marriage (this was in the early 2000s) wanted to increase funding for education by taxing big businesses more fairly). She was basically a democrat, but relied on the idiocy of the republicans to keep voting because she had an R after her name.

It was pretty amusing actually.

I think an interesting parallel would be to see how many would ever vote republican again, even without the orange pestilence.
There are a few independant-ish, centrist republicans, mostly at state level positions, that I could ostensibly vote for.

Ironically, one of the more progressive candidates I ever met and got to vote for was the republican representative of the district I lived in KS. She was pretty progressive (pro-LGBTQ rights, pro gay marriage (this was in the early 2000s) wanted to increase funding for education by taxing big businesses more fairly). She was basically a democrat, but relied on the idiocy of the republicans to keep voting because she had an R after her name.

It was pretty amusing actually.

I've voted for a few Republicans in the past, and never regretted it. Mostly people at the local level whom I knew - that really helps one's (my) comfort level.
This fall, I will vote a straight BLUE ticket - and I don't care if Cthuhlu is one of them.

I've often wondered what it would be like for election results if voters entered their voting booths armed with only their knowledge of candidates; hence, no party identification was made obvious during the actual time in which votes were cast. In other words, there is no straight party option except for going down the lists and making your picks by name with no 'R' or 'D' to indicate which party the votee belongs or affiliates with.

I know; it would be racist, but still, how much of an effect would result? :devil-flames:

I said absolutely but I can’t stand Trump. It’s just that I fear that about 2021 the economy is going to tank. Big time. It would be better if Trump were in office when that happened. If only it would start to tank now. Trump is a symptom. The cure for the disease is going to be painful, but necessary.

I've often wondered what it would be like for election results if voters entered their voting booths armed with only their knowledge of candidates; hence, no party identification was made obvious during the actual time in which votes were cast. In other words, there is no straight party option except for going down the lists and making your picks by name with no 'R' or 'D' to indicate which party the votee belongs or affiliates with.

One thing I have been noticing with campaign signs in my community this cycle is that the Republican candidates are not putting "Republican" on their signs, while for the most part Democrats are not afraid to show their party affiliation. It's like the Republicans are running scared for some reason. I do live in a blue state, Illinois, but in the southern portion of the state, which has been trending more and more red recently.

Given that I live in a suburb of St. Louis, I also see a lot of political ads for Missouri on TV. Josh Hawley, the republican candidate running against Claire McKaskill for the Senate, just came out with an ad proclaiming his support for Bret Kavanaugh, without actually naming Kavanaugh. I think he just shot himself in the foot with that one, as I interpreted the ad as telling everyone "I don't want women to vote for me". The guy is a smug looking pretty boy, and until now he has basically done nothing but attack McKaskill, so I thought he had a pretty good chance of pulling off a win. Missouri Republicans are pretty rabid, and generally epitomize the worst the party has to offer, but I think that ad is really going to mobilize the vote against him. At least I hope it does. Sometimes I wish I could cross the river and vote in Missouri, since my vote means a lot less here in Illinois.

I said absolutely but I can’t stand Trump. It’s just that I fear that about 2021 the economy is going to tank. Big time. It would be better if Trump were in office when that happened. If only it would start to tank now. Trump is a symptom. The cure for the disease is going to be painful, but necessary.

If you want to cure a disease you don't focus on keeping the symptoms in place.

Trump isn't merely a symptom, he is a conduit that helps channel the disease.

Trump isn't merely a symptom, he is a conduit that helps channel the disease.

Yes, he's a vector, and a powerful one. Mr Mosquito.

They know how bad it is.

I'm still registered Republican because until recently I would vote for the moderates in the primaries (however, now we don't seem to have moderates.) Yesterday I got a call asking if they could count on my support for Heller in the election. I told them "not so long as he's voting for Kavanaugh". She understood and didn't have any answer to that. This is a neck-and-neck race.

Yes, but nobody sees him as a disease or a symptom. The only way for their eyes to be opened is for disaster to strike. It will. But he needs to be around when it happens. If it happens after he’s gone, then he won’t be blamed. The democrats will.

SLD

Yes, but nobody sees him as a disease or a symptom. The only way for their eyes to be opened is for disaster to strike. It will. But he needs to be around when it happens. If it happens after he’s gone, then he won’t be blamed. The democrats will.

SLD

If it happens after these midterms and the House flips, the democrats will get the blame even if Trump is in office. If there's one thing Cheato is good at, it's blaming his failings on others.

Back
Top Bottom