• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

vp debate, thriller in vanilla 2016

none

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
atheist/ignostic
Vice presidential candidates debate begins in a few hours
Critiques and observations welcome

Oops thrilla in vanilla

This may be one of the least interesting VP debates in a steaming pile of meaningless VP debates.

It would take something quite spectacular for this debate to mean something, like Kaine jumping up, stripping down, and well... you get the point. Though keep in mind that if Pence did that it wouldn't be a big deal until Trump's second debate when he needs to one up Pence.

1) both sides will blame the other side
2) nothing will get accomplished
3) both sides will claim victory after the debate...
4) people will get drunk with the "drinking game"

Later,
ElectEngr

I was thinking the republican ticket should be called "Dollars and Pence". Tonight is the low-budget (Pence) portion of the show.

Considering that in a Trump administration, Pence will be in charge of domestic and foreign policy, it might behoove people to pay attention to what he says tonight. Of course, the hard work of making America Great Again [tm] will be up to Trump to get done.

Wow. I've never seen a candidate actually rip his opponent's heart out send eat it on the stage. Kaine is one vicious mother fucker.

In with the early prediction.

Pence is a religious nutbag. I'd be happy to see someone rip his heart out to show how black and putrid it is.

Pence should try to make Trump look like a regular Republican for those conservatives who aren't on board, and hit Clinton on the usual emailghazis. Kaine should try to make Pence defend Trump's litany of gaffes, and expose Pence's extremism relating to women and gay rights. They both should try to make clear the differences in economic policies, but I don't see how "tax cuts for the rich" is a winner for Pence. They both have been pro-free trade in the past, and both are now on anti-trade tickets.

Both seem to be your typical experienced politicians who can slickly field debate questions and attacks. Probably won't change much in the race.

Not since the Lions Club picked a new president have I been this excited.

Well, it really didn't take long for me to get bored and flip over to Netflix. They both have really droning voices and don't appear to be on the way to saying anything about anything.

This is like an episode of Crossfire.

Pence complaining about insults when Trump obviously has no problem making insults. Trump campaign trying to create its own little reality again.

Apparently the most important issue for Pence is winning the War on Coal?

They're both coming off obnoxious, but Kaine is being the main interrupter tonight, because I guess he thought it worked so well for Trump.

Back
Top Bottom