• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Was JC circumcised? If so, who did it?

arcadia

Basic Beliefs
atheist
Just wondering...Someone should have taken or been given credit for doing that deed.

Also, in the thread on the "wife of Jesus" papyrus, someone mentioned that Christians would have little use for a demigod savior who screwed and farted...

What are the odds that during one's lifetime one could inhale a molecule of air from The One True A--h---? Would that make it easier?:boom:

At various points in history, relics purporting to be the holy prepuce, the foreskin of Christ, have surfaced and various miraculous powers have been ascribed to it. A number of churches in Europe have claimed to possess Jesus' foreskin, sometimes at the same time.[30] The best known was in the Lateran Basilica in Rome, whose authenticity was confirmed by a vision of Saint Bridget of Sweden. In its gold reliquary, it was looted in the Sack of Rome in 1527, but eventually recovered.[31]

Wiki above

And of course, eating the body and blood of christ is the reason why

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk[/YOUTUBE]

Also, in the thread on the "wife of Jesus" papyrus, someone mentioned that Christians would have little use for a demigod savior who screwed and farted...
Oddly, the jews would have had little use for a demigod messiah. The as yet to arrive messiah is supposed to be a wholly man holy man. Not a god, or part of a god, or the part of god in tonight's uprising against the invaders will be played by....

Why would a farting Messiah be a problem? He is the Christ, not Dracula.

Thanks!

Luke: And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb..

As for the holy prepuce relic, it's a good thing he didn't poop anywhere in the bible. Of course it wouldn't have smelled.

1. Didn't the disciples do it, at the Last Supper? I think there's veiled language to that effect -- also I'm pretty sure it's described in a coded glyph on the back of the Mona Lisa (Yes -- exactly -- the side the Louvre doesn't want you to see.)
2- Shouldn't there, by now, be a Christian sect that conflates Communion with the Divine Prepuce?? Think about it -- it would combine the OT and NT in one mystic ceremony. I suggest a thin, chewy, stretchy wafer -- think flatbread from Subway. Christians, what's taking so long?

I seem to recall reading an apocraphal scripture that claimed his digestive system was perfect, and he didn't 'secrete solids.' I think it also said he rarely had to urinate. It was one of the gnostic ones.

Thanks!

Luke: And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb..

They spent eight days trying to circumcise him? Perhaps he had a foreskin of steel, like Superman.

Yes, here's a documentary about The Quest For The Holy Prepuce:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INMSWi-ZpHU[/YOUTUBE]

There were hundreds of foreskins around in catholic institutions all claimed to Jesu's foreskin..

Anyone who could feed 5000 people with seven loaves of bread and three fishes could easily provide enough foreskin for several hundred churches.

Oh, ye gods & little fishes. I thought we were all being snarky and malicious on a tangential topic until I googled holy foreskin and...Holy Shite!! Wikipedia has a Holy Prepuce article detailing the Catholic obsession with JC's foreskin over the centuries...also a not-to-be-missed article on a mystic nun (from 800 yrs. ago if I remember rightly) who claimed to have eaten the savior's foreskin. Her name was Agnes Blannbekin. Don't pass this up. She also had orgasms from her religious meditations. And I thought Franklin Graham was psychotic.

Agnes was the bestest nun ever, ever, ever. She and me would be big fat BFFs if she was still around. And people think nuns can't be cool. Bet she was a MSILF (Mother Superior, etc....)

Many theologians used to say that the rings of Saturn were the Holy Prepuce, left there when Jesus ascended to the heavens ...

Back
Top Bottom