• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police

Derec, your post contained four unsupported claims:

1. that Ilhan Omar is an Islamist,
- She calls on Allah do do something about the "evil deeds" of Israel.
- She cares more about being married under Islamic Law than under US law. In her explanation of her marriages, she emphasizes how she married some guy "in her faith tradition" (i.e. under Islamic law) as if that should have any standing under US law.
- This:

2. that she's an anti-Semite,
I already did.

3. that she's hailed as a hero,
4. and she's hailed as a hero just because she's opposed to Trump
This article establishes both these facts:

Ilhan Omar Returns to Minneapolis for Hero’s Welcome

I’ll get out the sausage grinder.
Hopefully not to make pork sausages, because those are haram.
giphy.gif

You don't die of exposure after a even a triage nurse clears you as ok.
You posted general information, not anything about a specific case. In any case, if you are dehydrated because you deliberately crossed the desert, the risk to your life and health is your fault. Same with those idiots who board dinghys in Libya in order to cross into Europe in an attempt top scam some benefits for themselves. If they drown off the coast of Libya, it's their own fault, not that of EU.

In any case, if you are dehydrated because you deliberately crossed the desert, the risk to your life and health is your fault. Same with those idiots who board dinghys in Libya in order to cross into Europe in an attempt top scam some benefits for themselves. If they drown off the coast of Libya, it's their own fault, not that of EU.

Wow. Mr human empathy. I guess you should hope that you never have enough similar reasons to feel you need to try to leave where you are and make a dangerous journey to somewhere else.

Wow. Lucky you. I guess you should hope that you never have enough reasons to need to leave where you are and go somewhere else.
It is an illusion to think that these people "need" to leave. Or that it is an obligation of EU or US to take everybody who wants to come in.
Take this for example.

He is not even fleeing poverty, much less violence. He could afford 1000s of dollars for the smugglers, and his family has a nice house.
It's a scam.

It is an illusion to think that these people "need" to leave.

Is it really. Gosh. Thank goodness you're here to tell us the facts.

Oh look. You have an example of when some of them apparently don't need to move. You should have said. That clarifies everything. It's a scam, because some of them don't need to move. By golly that's incisive.

Ok now I've watched most of the film footage. I'm not sure it even illustrates what you're saying?

It is an illusion to think that these people "need" to leave.

Is it really. Gosh. Thank goodness you're here to tell us the facts.

Oh look. You have an example of when some of them don't need to move. You should have said. That clarifies everything.

I am curious why (in your world) you believe no one ever lies or has sinister motives behind their actions? You guys can go on and on and on and on all day about the actions of Christians, but all immigrants are all perfect 100% truth telling loving individuals?

Remember the Muslim gang rape against the innocent women in Europe? You guys' responses was, "It doesn't happen a lot. Who cares?" Such empathy.

Ok now I've watched most of the film footage. I'm not sure it even illustrates what you're saying?
Why do you think that?

Because it doesn't seem to.

And anyway, it's irrelevant, because you did not distinguish between those in need and those not in need. You made a blanket, unsympathetic statement. Have an extra hamburger tonight, just for that. I'm sure you won't have to trek too far to get it.

Bnagladeshis are now the biggest source of mass migrants into Europe - bigger than Syrians and Afghans even.
And this is who these migrants typically are:
UCA News said:
Before attempting the perilous sea journey across the Mediterranean in May, 25-year-old Afzal Mahmud had harbored the same goal for the last 12 years: to leave Bangladesh and settle in Europe at any cost, even illegally.
"Afzal grew up watching his relatives get rich after sending some of their family members to Italy and France, so the dream of changing his fortunes by moving to Europe made him ever-more determined to go," his cousin Rabel Ahmed told ucanews.com.
Mahmud came from a middle-class family in the Golapganj area of the country's northeastern Sylhet district, but he lacked any vocational skills.

'European dream' ends in tragedy for many Bangladeshis

Again, they do not "need" to go anywhere.

That's not an answer. To me the video clearly shows these migrants choosing to illegally migrate (and fraudulently claim asylum in order to be able to stay) in order to make more money, not because of any persecution.

And anyway, it's irrelevant, because you did not distinguish between those in need and those not in need.
Vast majority are economic migrants. But of course, the pro-migrant European press refers to them all as "refugees". :rolleyes:
Kind of like how Oscar the fake asylum seeker is being referred to as a "refugee" even though his mother admits he wasn't fleeing anything and only wanted to make more money in the US.

That's not an answer. To me the video clearly shows these migrants choosing to illegally migrate (and fraudulently claim asylum in order to be able to stay) in order to make more money, not because of any persecution.

And anyway, it's irrelevant, because you did not distinguish between those in need and those not in need.
Vast majority are economic migrants. But of course, the pro-migrant European press refers to them all as "refugees". :rolleyes:
Kind of like how Oscar the fake asylum seeker is being referred to as a "refugee" even though his mother admits he only wanted to make more money in the US.

I would like to see a citation for that vast majority claim. Also, why is poverty not a valid reason to want to move? It's normally associated with other things such as lack of access to basic necessities and having to live in dangerous (as in lawless) environments too.

I don't doubt that a lot of them could be called economic migrants. And there will be some that we might call genuine refugees. You made no distinction.

First line of that is "Middle-class youths are joining exodus of poor migrant workers".
Even the migrant workers who are here described as "poor" need to invest thousands of dollars for smugglers so they have access to some funds and they think it is a justified expense because if successful they can make a solid return on their investment in remittances. Do not be deceived, mass migration is a business, and poverty is not a legitimate grounds for asylum.

Remember the Muslim gang rape against the innocent women in Europe? You guys' responses was, "It doesn't happen a lot. Who cares?" Such empathy.

Seeing as that happened here on this forum, it should be easy for you to provide proof. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see a citation for that vast majority claim.
I do not have a citation, but I have observed the problem for years now. Basically people were watching how easily Syrian refugees got into Europe and millions of economic migrants from many different countries followed the crowd.

Also, why is poverty not a valid reason to want to move?
It's a valid reason to want to move, sure, but it's not a valid reason to be labeled "refugee" or to apply for asylum. That makes them illegal migrants that should not be granted entry into Europe.

I don't doubt that a lot of them could be called economic migrants.
But you still think EU and US should take them all?

It's a valid reason to want to move, sure, but it's not a valid reason to be labeled "refugee" or to apply for asylum.

Sure.

That makes them illegal migrants that should not be granted entry into Europe.

Arguably, yes. Though I wouldn't be against them coming if they were useful to the economy, for example. Beyond that, there might be a charitable, humanitarian obligation, but I wouldn't say it had to be binding. Also, 'extreme poverty', especially associated with anything as bad as famine for instance, is not especially different from fleeing persecution, in terms of the suffering.

But you still think EU and US should take them all?

No. There should be a reasonable filtering process.

Even the migrant workers who are here described as "poor" need to invest thousands of dollars for smugglers.....

Even the video you linked to said that they generally had to borrow the money. And I doubt they get keen rates. That's not quite 'being able to afford 1000s of dollars'. It's having to risk mortgaging yourself or your family to some possibly dodgy money-lender. Such a thing would not be a bother to you at all, if you were in their shoes.

Back
Top Bottom