• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police

Gore Vidal put it quite well, imo, if too simplistically, when he said something along the lines of when push comes to shove, the issues boil down to saying that if there's only one piece of bread left, who gets it, you or me?

Obviously, 'piece of bread' can also refer to things like 'cup of clean water', 'bar of soap', 'hospital bed' and 'place I won't get a bomb dropped on me'.

Oh fuck. Have I turned into a Politically Correct, Leftie, Neo-Marxist, Social Justice Warrior, just for even saying such things, on top of not objecting to the new Agent 007 being a woman? :eek:

With a bit of luck, I'll only be pandering to those sorts. Phew.

Last edited:
We're not actually out of soap or bread, it's just being hoarded by an extremely wealthy aristocracy, and they'd rather have the breadless fighting each other than them, so they invent "national borders" that somehow apply to everyone but them, and use them to stoke outrage between their mutual victims.

We're not actually out of soap or bread, it's just being hoarded by an extremely wealthy aristocracy, and they'd rather have the breadless fighting each other than them, so they invent "national borders" that somehow apply to everyone but them, and use them to stoke outrage between their mutual victims.

Wait, since I have no problem accessing large amounts of soap and bread does that mean I'm officially part of the wealthy aristocracy?

If so I'd like to notify my high school guidance counselor that I did amount to something.

cookie.jpg

I think that's somewhat overstated.

Do you oppose the concept of national borders? How would the world look without them? I think you would lose a lot of your privilege then, as comparatively globally speaking, you are extremely wealthy.

He is not my "role model" but words have meanings.

Tell it to trump - the world's most egregious violator of the meaning of words.
If he can call CNN "The Enemy of The People" I can call Epstein a pedophile (and be far more accurate).
Which raises the question ... why aren't you picking apart the factual and rhetorical inaccuracies of Trump's statements?
Stayin' in line like a good little trumpdindunuffin..

Which raises the question ... why aren't you picking apart the factual and rhetorical inaccuracies of Trump's statements?
Because there are already a 1000 threads on that. This forum is extremely anti-Trump to the point that Islamist antisemites like Ilhan Omar are hailed as heroes just because she is opposed to Trump and vice versa.

Do you oppose the concept of national borders? How would the world look without them? I think you would lose a lot of your privilege then, as comparatively globally speaking, you are extremely wealthy.

They only exist for the disadvantaged. I could move to any country I choose. That indicates that they are a fiction whether or not I "oppose" them. I don't think the world would be significantly changed in their absence, aside from the necessity of coming up with a new reason for the proletariat to hate each other. I don't actually oppose the existence of national boundaries, but using them as an excuse for bigotry and a blank check for violating human rights is morally repugnant. And it's straight up irrational to imagine that this patch of desert and that patch of desert are fundamentally different from and opposed to each other because some rich assholes drew an inaccurate map of a place none of them had ever been to in 1848.

Because there are already a 1000 threads on that. This forum is extremely anti-Trump to the point that Islamist antisemites like Ilhan Omar are hailed as heroes just because she is opposed to Trump and vice versa.

But Derec, you are supposed to chant along with the majority here instead of mentioning facts or arguments that they may disagree with. That's how you keep the forum interesting and keep conversations going. That's how we get diversity. ;)

Last edited:
[They only exist for the disadvantaged. I could move to any country I choose.

Absolutely true. They exist to protect the privileged from outsiders. It is amazing how much easier it is for me to travel around the world as a Canadian citizen than it is for my cousins to do so as Filipino citizens. Astonishingly so. I can visit them without any word to any government body and stay for weeks. All I need to show is that I have an onward ticket for the end of my stay. For them to visit me here, they need an invitation letter, and a tourist visa that is likely to be declined if they can't show that they have $3,000 Canadian in their bank account, a family and property back home, etc.

That indicates that they are a fiction whether or not I "oppose" them.

A fiction? No. I'm afraid they are quite real. And they exist to protect your privilege.

I don't think the world would be significantly changed in their absence, aside from the necessity of coming up with a new reason for the proletariat to hate each other.

In their absence your country would collapse under the strain of too many people coming in, and coming in unvetted, until your country declined to match the countries the people are coming from. It would be incredibly noble of you to give up your privilege like that, and would help billions of people who now live in third world countries. Be aware that you may be far down the totem pole within your country, but you are at or near the top 1% globally.

I don't actually oppose the existence of national boundaries, but using them as an excuse for bigotry and a blank check for violating human rights is morally repugnant.

Absolutely. And I don't think anybody here would disagree with that.

Immigration is a positive, not a negative to western countries, and I would encourage more of it. But it is a positive becasue it is controlled. The vetting actually allows you to take the most productive of other countries to add to your economy. That won't be so if everyone is simply allowed in unvetted. And the reason undocumented immigrants tend not cause huge problems today is because they are illegal and have to keep their heads down as a result, so to not be found out and deported. Them being illegal also discourages them from coming in higher numbers. If you want to keep your lifestyle, your culture, and your relative global privilege, you do need controlled borders. If you are willing to give those things up so people can have a better life, I applaud your kindness.

But Derec, you are supposed to chant along with the majority here instead of mentioning facts or arguments that they may disagree with. That's how you keep the forum interesting and keep conversations going. That's how we get diversity. ;)
Except this bullshit about anti-semitic statements is... well... bullshit.

They only exist for the disadvantaged. I could move to any country I choose. That indicates that they are a fiction whether or not I "oppose" them. I don't think the world would be significantly changed in their absence, aside from the necessity of coming up with a new reason for the proletariat to hate each other.

Again, somewhat overstated. Risks a slide into dogma, imo.

They only exist for the disadvantaged. I could move to any country I choose. That indicates that they are a fiction whether or not I "oppose" them. I don't think the world would be significantly changed in their absence, aside from the necessity of coming up with a new reason for the proletariat to hate each other.

Again, somewhat overstated. Risks a slide into dogma, imo.

Guy concerned about dogma thougtlessly quotes "common wisdom".

Except this bullshit about anti-semitic statements is... well... bullshit.
It is not. She is an antisemite. Sure, she'll hind behind "it's only antizionism" excuse, but when you single out Israel because they are Jewish state, and deny them the right to defend themselves from terrorism and foreign aggression, then you are an antisemite.
Here is a selection:
Dejc1JFV4AAxb3H.jpg

43c.jpg

Here she is with a fellow Islamist and antisemite Linda "the cockroach" Sarsour.
Ilhan.png

Notorious racist and antisemite Luis Farakhnan defends Ilhan Omar over her antisemitic statements.
Louis Farrakhan Praises Ilhan Omar: "You Have Nothing To Apologize For"

Back
Top Bottom