• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WBC Fred Phelps in Hospice

It's plausible that they did kick him out. If he has a terminal disease, then that must mean God is punishing him for some great sin.

My tentative guess is that possibly Fred is suffering some form of dementia, which is causing erratic behavior. The church members, being ignorant of how human beings actually work, are assuming this behavior is due to Satan.

If he is suffering dementia, Alzheimer's, or some other age or illness related neurological degeneration, his behavior could reflect his hard wired obsession with homosexuality. Has Fred been blurting out gay sex innuendo?

It's a long shot, but possible, and also has great schadenfreude potential.

My tentative guess is that possibly Fred is suffering some form of dementia, which is causing erratic behavior. The church members, being ignorant of how human beings actually work, are assuming this behavior is due to Satan.

If he is suffering dementia, Alzheimer's, or some other age or illness related neurological degeneration, his behavior could reflect his hard wired obsession with homosexuality. Has Fred been blurting out gay sex innuendo?

Best guess I've seen. The world will be a bit better off without Fred. But his daughter is just as evil.

Aren't they Calvinists? And don't Calvinists view this sort of thing as a sign of God's displeasure?

Aren't they Calvinists? And don't Calvinists view this sort of thing as a sign of God's displeasure?
Are they? They're hatred of gays kind of drowns out the finer points of their particular doctrine.

God's displeasure, Satan, whatever fits that squirming toad of a belief system.

Are they? They're hatred of gays kind of drowns out the finer points of their particular doctrine.

God's displeasure, Satan, whatever fits that squirming toad of a belief system.

The interviews I have seen with them showed a most distasteful glee in pronouncing the fate of others.

The few, the proud, the ass*****.

Holy fuck. I can't believe I wrote "they're" when I meant "their."

In my defense, I was going to say something else and edited. The first thing probably did start properly with "they're." At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

The irony of hell doctrine is that it requires a kind of hell taking up residence in your head - fear, divisiveness, childish dichotomy - resulting in an experience of this blessed sip of life that is uncomfortable at best. To an atheist, that is hell, and it's the only possible hell.

Holy fuck. I can't believe I wrote "they're" when I meant "their."

In my defense, I was going to say something else and edited. The first thing probably did start properly with "they're." At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
In my capacity as congenital grammar nazi, I forgive you.

Back
Top Bottom