• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

We in 1984 Territory Here With Russian - Taliban story?

Unless the numbers have changed since I heard last, Trump polls over 90% approval rate among registered Republicans. They are really over the moon for him. Thank Christ their demographic skews overwhelmingly white and gettin' on in years. Once you join the Trump cartel, you stick with Big Orange or you sleep with the fishes.
Let's let the Mutiny on the Bounty play out some more. If this doesn't cause some of his "independent" support to melt away, then really, nothing will. SNL ran a game show spoof where contestants judged what it would take to make Trump supporters spurn him. One of the suggestions was "the sex tape with Don Jr.", as I recall, with the added rationale, "I just wanted to cover all the bases."

Well, Trump is helping provide more evidence of his fascist dreams with his latest Tweet:

"In Reality, They aren't after me, they're after you, I'm just in the way." smugged into a black and white JPG.

Well, Trump is helping provide more evidence of his fascist dreams with his latest Tweet:

"In Reality, They aren't after me, they're after you, I'm just in the way." smugged into a black and white JPG.

And right on cue, in comes Ted "You can call my wife ugly, so long as you call me" Cruz to defend Trump.

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says - The New York Times - "The Trump administration has been deliberating for months about what to do about a stunning intelligence assessment."
The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said. Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which killings were under suspicion.
Trump Got Written Briefing in February on Possible Russian Bounties, Officials Say

Trump ignores the coronavirus, and he is ignoring this also. One outrage after another :( and his fellow Republicans continue to enable him :(

According to some congress critter on CNN, everybody (including Pelosi, etc) got the that "briefing" in paper. And since Trump does not read it..... Also it was "Russians might do that" assessment variety, basically projecting. It's nothing burger, people.

Yea, that is totally no excuse! It's his damn job to be informed and make correct decisions.

According to some congress critter on CNN, everybody (including Pelosi, etc) got the that "briefing" in paper. And since Trump does not read it..... Also it was "Russians might do that" assessment variety, basically projecting. It's nothing burger, people.

Yea, that is totally no excuse! It's his damn job to be informed and make correct decisions.
His job is to look important and twit

These sorts of reports are supposed to go the the heads of Intelligence oversight, the "Gang Of Eight". That is the law. Apparently this was NOT reported, and so would not have been reported to the Congress, or Pelosi or Schumer. Now the question is, who made sure the "Gandg Of Eight" did not receive these reports. And why.

I would just like to add, I'm highly skeptical of these reports and their conclusions. Hell, even the NSA doesn't agree with the conclusions, it's the CIA, and it's all based on "human intelligence". Of course, the Afghan government has no interest in keeping the American presence their, so they can continue to grift off of our military.

The best solution is to leave. If that requires some deal with the Taliban, so be it. They won, and it was almost a certainty that they would end up winning. The idea that we would occupy Afghanistan and eventually it would become some functioning democracy is madness.

I would just like to add, I'm highly skeptical of these reports and their conclusions. Hell, even the NSA doesn't agree with the conclusions, it's the CIA, and it's all based on "human intelligence". Of course, the Afghan government has no interest in keeping the American presence their, so they can continue to grift off of our military.

The best solution is to leave. If that requires some deal with the Taliban, so be it. They won, and it was almost a certainty that they would end up winning. The idea that we would occupy Afghanistan and eventually it would become some functioning democracy is madness.
I see, it could be afghan government way to keep US troops. Makes sense.

Afghan Contractor Handed Out Russian Cash to Kill Americans

I'm sure Uncle Vlad knew even less about it than Don The Con did. After all, this middleman is Donald's kind of people. Vlad has class.

I would not bet on that. Deniability. Vlad knows stuff is going on, wink, wink. But does not allow himself to be set up as personally responsible for any one action, or any repeat activities. If we had a competent president, that president would warn Pooty that such action would be held personally responsible for not telling the GRU's dirty tricks division to halt any such activities. Of course that president would have to make sure the U.S. intelligence agencies do same. Else it is an endless cycle of tit for tat. And excuses not to end these loathsome actions.

Afghan Contractor Handed Out Russian Cash to Kill Americans

I'm sure Uncle Vlad knew even less about it than Don The Con did. After all, this middleman is Donald's kind of people. Vlad has class.
I would not bet on that. Deniability. Vlad knows stuff is going on, wink, wink. But does not allow himself to be set up as personally responsible for any one action, or any repeat activities.

Quite so (I was being facetious - almost always a mistake on teh interwebz...)

If we had a competent president, that president would warn Pooty that such action would be held personally responsible for not telling the GRU's dirty tricks division to halt any such activities.

If we had a competent President I doubt that Pooty would allow such undertakings in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom