• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What did Donnie do to Rupert???!!!

It's not Donnie so much as DeSantis.

There is a fix in for inheriting the crown.

You misspelled "clown".

Right now, I think that a DeSantis-Abbott ticket would be the most attractive option for Republicans. That would easily sweep the red states and possibly take back some of the purple for them, especially if the Democrats can't find a popular nominee to replace Biden. The Murdoch empire is probably shifting in that direction.

NY Post said:
As a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.

WSJ said:
He refused. He didn’t call the military to send help. He didn’t call [Mike] Pence to check on the safety of his loyal [vice-president]. Instead he fed the mob’s anger and let the riot play out.
Ain't it something... that we are 18 months post January 6th, 2021... and now the NY Post and Wall Street Journal are seeing the light?

WSJ (my emphasis) said:
The 2024 field is rich. You have Florida governor Ron DeSantis, former secretary of state Mike Pompeo, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley … the list goes on. All candidates who embrace conservative policies … Unsubscribe from Trump’s daily emails begging for money. Then pick your favorite from a new crop of conservatives. Look to 2022, and 2024, and a new era. Let’s make America sane again.
. . .

Make America Sane again? You folk put the naked Emperor in the fucking White House! He was bragging about sexually assaulting women as a guy in his late 60s. There was never a single thing about this guy that made him look Presidential, but you helped get him there, and support him.

Yes. Many ordinary Americans knew little about Trump in 2016, beyond that he was a TV clown like Danny DeVito, the Three Stooges or Daffy Duck. But the owners, operators and editors of the WSJ and NY Post KNEW the man. They'd been to parties where he cracked jokes about barely pubescent girls. They knew that New York banks and contractors were refusing to work with the grifter. And they knew, or should have known, that he was hopelessly unqualified to be President.

Yet they went along; they got him elected. Now, perhaps just days before Trump is indicted for serious felonies, they finally jump off the bandwagon?

What slimy disgusting hypocrites.
The pardox is that the US desparately needed this (so called clown) to take down globalism which was killing ordinary Americans. The Trump haters can not see this, but it was only after Trump and Covid that America finally has permanantly shifted from globalism. A huge shift. Fortunately for US citizens the pendulum shift will bring manufacuring back to our shores and we will not be going back to China again.... even if someone other than Trump takes up office. In the next 5 years we will indeed see inflation but it will be more than worth it as more local manufacturing infrastructure is put in place.

NY Post said:
Let’s make America sane again.

Make America Sane again? You folk put the naked Emperor in the fucking White House!

It needs to be remembered, the Trump movement started before the right-wing media embraced him. He seized on a legit alt right-wing populist movement.
I don't see how you can have this both ways Jimmy. Either the left and right media put Trump in the White House or they didn't.
Okay, I should have said "You supported this fuckface during his entire administration and post 1/6..."
The real truth is that his platform put him office. A platform that was insanely popular with working class people.
Yeah, the put the toothpaste back in the tube idea was pretty popular with people that were deluded enough to think we could just put the toothpaste back in the tube, thinking that tariffs on China meant factories would come back to the US, instead of shift to Malaysia, Vietnam, etc...

NY Post said:
As a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.

WSJ said:
He refused. He didn’t call the military to send help. He didn’t call [Mike] Pence to check on the safety of his loyal [vice-president]. Instead he fed the mob’s anger and let the riot play out.
Ain't it something... that we are 18 months post January 6th, 2021... and now the NY Post and Wall Street Journal are seeing the light?

WSJ (my emphasis) said:
The 2024 field is rich. You have Florida governor Ron DeSantis, former secretary of state Mike Pompeo, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley … the list goes on. All candidates who embrace conservative policies … Unsubscribe from Trump’s daily emails begging for money. Then pick your favorite from a new crop of conservatives. Look to 2022, and 2024, and a new era. Let’s make America sane again.
. . .

Make America Sane again? You folk put the naked Emperor in the fucking White House! He was bragging about sexually assaulting women as a guy in his late 60s. There was never a single thing about this guy that made him look Presidential, but you helped get him there, and support him.

Yes. Many ordinary Americans knew little about Trump in 2016, beyond that he was a TV clown like Danny DeVito, the Three Stooges or Daffy Duck. But the owners, operators and editors of the WSJ and NY Post KNEW the man. They'd been to parties where he cracked jokes about barely pubescent girls. They knew that New York banks and contractors were refusing to work with the grifter. And they knew, or should have known, that he was hopelessly unqualified to be President.

Yet they went along; they got him elected. Now, perhaps just days before Trump is indicted for serious felonies, they finally jump off the bandwagon?

The pardox is that the US desparately needed this (so called clown) to take down globalism which was killing ordinary Americans.
Did we take down globalism? Because I don't recall that happening. I recall tariffs. But we are still importing stuff from Asia.
The Trump haters can not see this, but it was only after Trump and Covid that America finally has permanantly shifted from globalism.
What the fuck are you talking about?
A huge shift.
:rolleyes: Technical you are one letter off on the description of Trump there.
Fortunately for US citizens the pendulum shift will bring manufacuring back to our shores and we will not be going back to China again.... even if someone other than Trump takes up office. In the next 5 years we will indeed see inflation but it will be more than worth it as more local manufacturing infrastructure is put in place.
OMFG! You didn't learn anything from the 4 years Trump was in charge? Or get a map of Asia?

Wow, Trump loses his shit the one fucking time FOX tried to accurately report the news.

@foxandfriends just really botched my poll numbers, no doubt on purpose. That show has been terrible - gone to the "dark side." They quickly quote the big Turning Point Poll victory of almost 60 points over the number two Republican, and then hammer me with outliers. Actually, almost all polls have me leading all Republicans & Biden BY A LOT. RINO Paul Ryan, one of the weakest and worst Speakers EVER, must be running the place. Anyway, thank you to Turning Point, the crowd & 'love' was AMAZING!

It Trump loves Turning Point USA so much, he has my permission to emulate its founder, Bill Montgomery, as much as he likes. ;)

NY Post said:

WSJ said:

WSJ (my emphasis) said:
. . .

The pardox is that the US desparately needed this (so called clown) to take down globalism which was killing ordinary Americans. The Trump haters can not see this, but it was only after Trump and Covid that America finally has permanantly shifted from globalism. A huge shift. Fortunately for US citizens the pendulum shift will bring manufacuring back to our shores and we will not be going back to China again.... even if someone other than Trump takes up office. In the next 5 years we will indeed see inflation but it will be more than worth it as more local manufacturing infrastructure is put in place.
I would strongly recommend you not drive or operate heavy machinery while in a condition to believe the above.

Globalism was "killing ordinary Americans"? Hyperbolate much?

I hope someone starts a thread, "Globalism — Good or Bad?" It is not an easy question. @ RVonse — How is anti-Europeanism working out for Britain?

Trump certainly liked to badmouth immigrants and "shit-hole" countries — that appealed to American populism. But did he actually bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA? Not according to the graph I've attached below. Do you have contrary data?

The 21st century will play out as a big battle for dominance between China and the USA, and right-minded thinkers all around the world are rooting for the USA to win. But what policies should the USA pursue to counter China? I (and others) thought TPP was a good strong step in the right direction. Do you disagree, RVonse? (Don't whine that Hillary chose to appeal to voters also; just answer the question.)

fredgraph.png

(It's fun to see what happens to a stat like GDP when you do NOT select the "Seasonally Adjusted" option.)

Western manufacturers are reshoring/nearshoring. What Trump has to do with it, I know not. Having reliable supply chains is proving to be more important than having the lowest cost of labor. Having stock on hand to continue manufacturing is proving to be more important than the benefit of “lean manufacturing”. And ultimately, setting up operations in stable and predictable countries is proving to be more beneficial than waking up wondering what Xi Jinping might say today.
Again, Trump’s “platform”, a series of fifth beer barroom comments Average Joe could understand but not fully appreciate had nothing to do with any of this.

Back
Top Bottom