• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What is the silver lining?

Who said Trump wants to ban birth control? The right-wing wants to fucking ban it. It doesn't stop at Roe v Wade.

True, you didn't say that Trump would ban birth control. You said "With Clinton, there would still be birth control" heavily implying that the Republicans seek to ban condoms and the pill.
Maybe not condoms, but definitely the pill.

And it is still absurd. Had democrats tried real information based arguments and attacks, they might have won. That is just uniformed scare mongering.
I must have watched some other Presidential debate where a candidate said they wanted to get rid of Roe v Wade. Do you really think they want to stop it at just abortion?

When can we start blaming Trump for everything Obama did wrong?
You can try, but I have a feeling that Trump will be just as impervious to criticism in office as he was during the campaign.

True, you didn't say that Trump would ban birth control. You said "With Clinton, there would still be birth control" heavily implying that the Republicans seek to ban condoms and the pill.
Maybe not condoms, but definitely the pill.

And it is still absurd. Had democrats tried real information based arguments and attacks, they might have won. That is just uniformed scare mongering.
I must have watched some other Presidential debate where a candidate said they wanted to get rid of Roe v Wade. Do you really think they want to stop it at just abortion?

RvW has been a major fundraiser for both parties for decades. I would be surprised if it were changed. But even so, if you had confined your comments to RvW you would have had a fact-based attack. But bringing up birth control you gave an example of why Hillary lost this election.

You have actual fact-based attacks you could make, so instead you resort to speculative at best counter-factual at worst fearmongering.

That at least he's not Newt?

I saw somewhere that John Boltons name was being bandied about for SecState.

Actually, Newt is a frontrunner for SoS.

Newt has said that he doesn't want a cabinet or department head job. He wants to be a "big idea" man for the POTUS, only outlining grand plans but not actually having to oversee them.

Damn, I want that job. ;)

Absurd statements like "Trump will ban birth control" are part of the reason Trump won - too much time was wasted on absurd attacks that insult the listener instead of real attacks that tear down Trump.
Who said Trump wants to ban birth control? The right-wing wants to fucking ban it. It doesn't stop at Roe v Wade.

Yes, Trump has very little core policy values, he will be leaving most of it up to the Mike Pence wing of the GOP. Trump has been catering to the right wing fundies. One of the recurring lines in his stump speech has been that America will be "one people, under one God, saluting one flag."

Actually, Newt is a frontrunner for SoS.

Newt has said that he doesn't want a cabinet or department head job. He wants to be a "big idea" man for the POTUS, only outlining grand plans but not actually having to oversee them.

That was long ago, this past week their transition team was floating his name.

That was long ago, this past week their transition team was floating his name.
Nope. Newt said it yesterday while they were floating his name. But you never know, maybe he was just being coy.

What did he say?

What did he say?
I don't have a transcript but, in general, he said what I wrote. Of course he ran on and on about why a "big idea" man shouldn't be burdened with the bureaucratic problems of making several different departments work together to implement these "great plans".

Yes, Trump has very little core policy values, he will be leaving most of it up to the Mike Pence wing of the GOP. Trump has been catering to the right wing fundies. One of the recurring lines in his stump speech has been that America will be "one people, under one God, saluting one flag."
Seems to me I've heard something like that before....:thinking:

Seems to me I've heard something like that before....:thinking:

Gott mit uns

Possible silver lining: women rising up like never before.

Trying to find the positives in all this. I guess it's a positive that Donald hasn't put much focus on marijuana as an issue and therefore his followers hadn't been properly programmed to oppose the various state ballot measures on cannabis legalization around the country. Big wins for cannabis yesterday in case you didn't know. However, the conservative hive mind now has 4 - 8 years to pay attention to cannabis. :(

One positive: there are basically no election rules now. Anyone can win. If Trump can win, we can fucking elect a third party candidate too.

Trying to find the positives in all this. I guess it's a positive that Donald hasn't put much focus on marijuana as an issue and therefore his followers hadn't been properly programmed to oppose the various state ballot measures on cannabis legalization around the country. Big wins for cannabis yesterday in case you didn't know. However, the conservative hive mind now has 4 - 8 years to pay attention to cannabis. :(

One positive: there are basically no election rules now. Anyone can win. If Trump can win, we can fucking elect a third party candidate too.

That has always been the case. In fact the Republican party started as a third party in the 1850s. It was the old anti-slavery wing of the Whigs. Old Abe was the first president elected for the party.

Nag, I think they're still pretty much a wasted vote.

No, it's more like, if Trump can win, any moron who spews enough insults and hate can win. He doesn't have to be honest, smart or capable.

That's what the Trump supporters gave the USA.

Trump didn't run as a third party.

Back
Top Bottom