• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What kind of person was Stephon Clark?

Needlessly? Again, you certainly sound like you want a society with no law enforcement.
How the shiny blue hell do you get to that conclusion from what he said?

He wants rules that make pursuit effectively impossible.

All a bad guy has to do is run away, generally nothing bad will ever happen to him.

There are more than just two reasons a young adult--or any adult might be living with parents, or grandparents or aunts and uncles or cousins or siblings. In other countries, it's actually unusual to not have a 3 generation (or more) household, with grandparents living with the parents and kids not moving out until they married and often, not then.

Now, younger families are finding it advantageous to have grandma/grandpa live with them to help with childcare. The whole 'nuclear family' thing is a relatively recent invention and not necessarily the best or most advantageous for anyone.

I do agree it's common in many cultures. To live with parents and perhaps also other family members. My grandfather lived with us for some years while I was growing up--but it was my parents house, not my grandfather's house. The important point here is not a matter of not living alone, but who he was living with.

Quit digging yourself deeper Loren :rolleyes:

My sister-in-law lived with her grandmother for several years. It was her grandmother's house.

Oh, and her grandmother had Alzhemier's

Obviously my sister-in-law was a no good poor law-breaking black thug who deserved to be shot.

Or not.

But that's the problem with your stupid assumptions.

Needlessly? Again, you certainly sound like you want a society with no law enforcement.
How the shiny blue hell do you get to that conclusion from what he said?

All a bad guy has to do is run away, generally nothing bad will ever happen to him.

How do you leap to that from what Jimmy Higgins said?

+++++
Also, jesus christ, Loren, you've put me in a position of defending Jimmy Higgins! What next? I'll have laughing dog's back? What the hell is the world coming to?

How do you leap to that from what Jimmy Higgins said?

+++++
Also, jesus christ, Loren, you've put me in a position of defending Jimmy Higgins! What next? I'll have laughing dog's back? What the hell is the world coming to?

Look what happens when the bad guy runs under his proposed approach.

Welp...It looks like police apologists in the other thread are now calling him "St Stephon." Who he was is a different question from whether it was necessary to shoot him. The police did not know who he was.

Maybe he was a C student when he was in high school years ago. Maybe he secretly liked knitting. Maybe he posted on facebook how he liked white or hispanic women. Maybe his favorite movie was Blazing Saddles. WHO KNOWS.

Please do feel free to write about Evil Stephon or St Stephon here though.

Back
Top Bottom