• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Movie Is This? - Only Give Wrong Answers

Yes. I thought the film's famousness would answer the movieness question in the affirmative. :cool:
Not everyone has wasted a lot of time on cinema.
I have still managed to avoid seeing The Titanic.

I used to have a movie collection. It consisted of 3.
Dangerous Liaisons
Fantasia
Dances with Wolves

One of those movies would suit any situation. There was simply no reason to get another video cassette.
Tom

Yes. I thought the film's famousness would answer the movieness question in the affirmative. :cool:

Dangerous Liaisons
Fantasia
Dances with Wolves

One of those movies would suit any situation. There was simply no reason to get another video cassette.
Tom

Anyway, guessing the movie correctly without even knowing it was a movie shows a special sort of genius! :dancing:

Own goal! One point for the opposition.
How on god's green earth did you know THAT?
I couldn't even find that shot searching for it.
It is clearly Arsenic and Old Lace. The living room is the main location of the film, and the two old ladies, that is unique set up for a Grant film.
Oh, My Crazy Aunts!
I don't know, it is an obscure short film title, so it barely qualifies, but it definitely fits the film. So I will give this the win.

Arsenic and Old Lace is very dark humor. I think Grant kind of overdoes it a bit, but the scope is unique and worth watching. I think a remake with Jack Lemmon could have been something. He would have been better for the role.

Dangerous Liaisons
Fantasia
Dances with Wolves

Also, I recommend watching The Titanic with Rifftrax. It is otherwise a very well made forgettable film. You might have missed some classics. The Male Animal, Witness for the Prosecution, The Apartment, Bringing Up Baby, Man in the White Suit.
Anyway, guessing the movie correctly without even knowing it was a movie shows a special sort of genius! :dancing:
That is certainly hard to buy.

Gone with the Wind (1939) set the record for box office receipts, and retained the record for 2½ decades.
It was Julie Andrews who finally dethroned GWTW and The Sound of Music (1965) retained the #1 spot in total box office for a whopping THREE decades.
Titanic (1997) took over the #1 slot.
I don't know what the #1 slot-holders were after that. Anyone?

Of the three record-holders just mentioned, Titanic has the lowest IMDB rating 7.8 v 8.1 and 8.2), but I like it the best of the three.

... The Titanic.

Dangerous Liaisons
Fantasia
Dances with Wolves
... You might have missed some classics. The Male Animal, Witness for the Prosecution, The Apartment, Bringing Up Baby, Man in the White Suit.

Only two movies mentioned above make my Top 100 list. Titanic and Witness for the Prosecution.
Witness for the P is a better choice for a Top 200 List) but at least the plot twists are clever.
Titanic may not be "special," but it's very well done, moving and quite watchable.

Own goal! One point for the opposition.
Wut?
Was that actually from Arsenic and Old Lace? I didn't know it was a movie.
Tom
Having said that, I admit to not remembering who played the Teddy Roosevelt character. (In fact were there TWO different film adaptations of A&Old L?)
THREE!

Dangerous Liaisons
Fantasia
Dances with Wolves

Tom
By strange coincidence...
Mildred Natwick played one of the crazy aunts in the first remake of Arsenic and Old Lace, and also played Madame de Rosemonde in Dangerous Liaisons. Apparently your three movies are enough! :)

That's okay, you are definitely in your right to be wrong. :D

The movies I picked are generally built around something larger without shoving it in your face. The Male Animal (college football and free speech), The Apartment (work place social issues), Man in the White Suit (Labor v Owner). Witness is the best court drama period. Bringing Up Baby, one of the greatest comedies (and it has a brontosaurus ;)), except for the ending ending. These are the movies that'll be overlooked in the lists containing Lawrence of Arabia, On the Waterfront, and Mister Roberts.

Having said that, I admit to not remembering who played the Teddy Roosevelt character. (In fact were there TWO different film adaptations of A&Old L?)

WOW! Those of you who question my cognition -- and think I am disqualified from the Big Job at age 74 -- will be ashamed when they learn that  Boris Karloff Filmography shows
1962Arsenic & Old LaceJonathan BrewsterHallmark Hall of Fame Made-for-TV film

(Can I skip the cognitive assessment test? Camera-Woman-Grabpussy-Pig. My Search incompetence kept that film hidden from me, but my specific memory was of Karloff and I took the time to browse his list of appearances -- (hugely long when radio etc. is included).)

Oh, My Crazy Aunts!
I don't know, it is an obscure short film title, so it barely qualifies, but it definitely fits the film. So I will give this the win.
Thanks! Up next...

images-w1400.png

Having said that, I admit to not remembering who played the Teddy Roosevelt character.
I remember when I was a kid my younger brother, maybe 5 or 6 at the time, had just seen AAOL before we visited the Cross In The Woods shrine.

He grabbed his little toy fishing rod and ran up the steps to the shrine yelling "CHARGE!!!"

My mom was totally embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom