• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What movie scenes make you cry?

Not a guy, ignore at will.

I cry a little when he is working to revive her.

When she is drowning herself I just get pissed off, and that overrides any empathy for the characters, because they should be on their way while she is still conscious. It would reduce her total "dead time", by a lot, and a conscious woman can get out much quicker than he could get an inert body out. But drowning and final struggles would be much harder to portray on film in the open water (without actually drowning Mastrantonio).

I suggest you give it a shot. It doesn't belong in the same category as Armageddon. IMO

I know it's stupid. I thought about that the first time I watched it and I think about it every time I re-watch it, but that scene still gets me.

The ending of Toy Story 3. Holy Cow, that scene makes me weep.

The ending of Green Mile still gets me.

Steel Magnolias, first when Sally Field picks up her grandson after the bad thing happens, then when she's howling with rage and grief (followed immediately by the scene that makes me laugh in hysterics).

Most recently, the end of About Time.

I think I teared up for the Terminator scene mentioned; the rest I haven't seen or they didn't get to me.
Here's two i remember.
"I am not an animal" and other scenes in Elephant Man
the ending of Forbidden Games ( French movie about WWII)

"That man's not a salesman, that's your daddy." Yup, it gets me every time... Of course, I'm a sucker for any kind of epic scene about honor, sacrifice and defiance, especially with a tear jerking soundtrack thrown in...

"You bled with Wallace! Now bleed with me!"
"I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you!"
"O Captain! My Captain!"
"Theoden king stands alone." "Not alone...Rohirrim!" "TO THE KING!"
"Set a course...for home."

Back
Top Bottom