• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $923. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Godless Heathen
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUJ5Xhspxs[/YOUTUBE]

One of the stories I used to tell the interns at my old radio job was about missed opportunities.

Back in the day (mid 90s) I was at a show the station was promoting. A big hip hop lineup, and one of the record company guys asked if I wanted to go backstage to meet the "baby acts." These were the acts that were just starting out. The opening acts for the opening acts. They might turn out to be something, but 99 times out of 10, it wouldn't happen. I'd had a long day, had to get up very early the next morning, and so I begged off so that I could go home and get some sleep.

So I didn't wind up hanging out backstage with Puff Daddy, Junior Mafia, Eve, and (I think he might have been on the tour) Biggie. Whoops.

Gospel

Aethiopian
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
That's actually pretty damn dope Ford. It's better to have lost than to not have the opportunity to lose. :p

Not sure why but your post made me think of this song. Maybe because it seems to be a song about regret more than anything else to me.
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/LsV2GWlGh-o[/YOUTUBE]

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Godless Heathen
I was fortunate enough to see Andra when she was doing a radio promo tour at the beginning of her career. She played our conference room for a couple dozen people, and while there are a lot of "singers" out there who rely on auto-tune and studio tricks, she is not one of them. I've seen her up close, and she really is this good.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHfo_3EGFA[/YOUTUBE]

WAB

Banned
Basic Beliefs
n/a
I am looking for the best of the best when it comes to lounge music, pretty much as defined by Wiki's opening para:

Lounge music is a type of easy listening music popular in the 1950s and 1960s. It may be meant to evoke in the listeners the feeling of being in a place, usually with a tranquil theme, such as a jungle, an island paradise or outer space.[1] The range of lounge music encompasses beautiful music-influenced instrumentals, modern electronica (with chillout, and downtempo influences), while remaining thematically focused on its retro-space-age cultural elements.

Listening currently to a playlist on Spotify called Midcentury Modern, which pretty much suits my needs, but I can't help thinking that I am missing out on the cream of the crop, somehow, some way. There is so much of this kind of material it's daunting to try and sift through it.

WAB

Banned
Basic Beliefs
n/a
Have you heard Esquivel?

Spotify link

Yes indeedy. He is one of the artists that got me interested in the genre, in fact.

I'm currently listening to Les Baxter's Ritual of the Savage, considered by many to be a kind of fountainhead for this kind of music. I am digging it, man, like it's far out. Now if only I had some whiskey!

TSwizzle

Let's go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
There's Always Something To Remind Me

Sandie Shaw;

Lou Johnson;

Naked Eyes;

I think the Lou Johnson version is probably my favorite. Keep The Faith.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Just found this artist. He died in 2018 but sure to become posthumously famous. Original and unique. The emotion and flow grabbed me from the start.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrR_gm6RqCo&ab_channel=NPRMusic[/YOUTUBE]

WAB

Banned
Basic Beliefs
n/a

WAB

Banned
Basic Beliefs
n/a
Currently: the breezy, memory-laden, pleasantly ignorable, and easily sublimated Ray Conniff (singers and orchestra).

Ahhhhh.......California, 1969.....1970......Petaluma.......San Francisco......my first bike.......my first bicycle accident.....the Jets winning the Super Bowl!

TSwizzle

Let's go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
two excellent tracks from the David Byrne, Brian Eno album "My Life in The Bush Of Ghosts"

The Jezebel Spirit. Takes a while to warm up but is worth it;

America is Waiting

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Only in the 1970s could a song like this from Kumiko Hara be made. The string section is on point.

Top Bottom