• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

I'm trying to import into iTunes 2 CD's I made a few years ago of 2 cassettes I have of a 9-10-91 Grateful Dead concert. The CD plays fine on my Denon CD player but iTunes keeps betting stuck.

I'm trying to import into iTunes 2 CD's I made a few years ago of 2 cassettes I have of a 9-10-91 Grateful Dead concert. The CD plays fine on my Denon CD player but iTunes keeps betting stuck.

I'm guessing that since they'll play on a CD player they're CDA files, which shouldn't be a problem for iTunes or any other program. Maybe there's something in the metadata that's causing it to get stuck?

They appear to be CDA files. First try iTunes was able to get 4 tracks off and then got stuck on the 5th. After many tries I rebooted and it was able to get tracks 5 and 6 off and then stalled on track 7. The drive and iTunes in my notebook have no problem with CD's that are professionally made. I got in 6 about 2 months ago and no issue. But the ones I have made present this problem and I have do idea why given that the CD player attached to my stereo system has no problem playing them. I can keep trying and get off 1 or 2 tracks at a time and keep rebooting. But I shouldn't need to.

Alternatively I can play them on the CD player with a line in to my notebook and save the songs again using Audacity - the same way I got my old Vinyl LPs into iTunes. That takes playing in real time and then separating one huge audio file into tracks again.

I'm not sure if I'd lose sound quality doing the second option converting from digital to analog and back to digital again. I expect some.

Anyway, I just got myself Bose wireless adapter to link my notebook to my very nice but old hifi system. Whenever i tried running a wire from the notebook's audio out to the preamp i'd get a buzz like a grounding issue. But with all and more of my music now on the computer, the old system was just gathering dust.

Not bluetooth. The music is sent over the router to the Bose wifi adaptor and then it plugs it into the tape in on the preamp. It's nice to hear my Allison Three's speakers getting a workout by the Carver Cube again.

Listened to all sorts of my favorites yesterday and today just playing. Dire Straits Sultans of Swing is the prime test song. Then Telegraph Road. Some CS&N. Might as Will is great for vocals. Then of course some Grateful Dead 1990 covering Bob Dylan's Knockin on Heaven's Door. Branford Marsalis joined in. So nice!

Damn, this guy just died at the age of 31 from heart failure

Hatsune Miku is a voice module and mascot of sorts. The guy who the songs is Wowoka.

Back
Top Bottom