• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Kina Grannis released a new record in 2018 that I missed for a while, but discovered a few months ago. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would and have been on a bit of a binge of her lately. She also released a record of covers in 2017, and I can't get over this cover of 'Shut up and Dance', simple but she nails it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNKdjvcJKk[/youtube]

One of the best holiday gifts I gave my mom was the DVD of her favorite movie...West Side Story.

This is one of the most amazing musical openings in film, and I realize it blurs the line away from "what music are you listening to right now?" but I just had to post it.

The right now is a very forgiving timespan.

For anybody who is a fan of Sondheim, I recommend this recent youtube birthday tribute from a variety of performers recorded from their homes.

[YOUTUBE]A92wZIvEUAw[/YOUTUBE]

For any big fans, this is incredible. If you go to the youtube page, the description has an index of the songs and the many singers, even Randy Rainbow gets a slot.

Just reliving some old memories.

The video quality is not great, but I picked it because I was in the audience for this one. The 1997 CMA Awards show in Nashville. The video is titled "George Jones and Patty Loveless" but this is really Patty's song, and George was just providing harmony. Imagine having George Jones as your backup singer.

Now, you couldn't get a ticket to this show unless you were in the country music or country record or country radio business, so this is not a crowd filled with "fans." Yet when the Possum walks out on stage, the crowd goes nuts. The really interesting thing is that he held back. Jones was letting her be the focus until she reached out and brought him center stage.

This was a helluva night. Glad I got to see it. If only from the cheap seats.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvrv_qC4rks[/YOUTUBE]

Rubinstein playing Brahms B-b Minor Intermezzo. Many people don't realize Rubinstein, born in Poland,trained in Berlin, among Brahmsians, and first came to fame at a Brahms festival in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom