• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Jim Boggia Performing Thunder Road on Ukelele

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/m6kWWuFEOWQ[/YOUTUBE]

So good it gave me chills.

Listening to Deltron 3030. I think this album should be listed in my top ten all-time favorites. I know it's early to know for sure if it will stand the test of time, but I have a feeling it will stay there.

Hell yeah, my roommate came home from a Deltron show and couldn't stop telling me about how awesome it was. I had never heard of them, but after listening through a few of the albums I agree.

Reactions: DLH
Once again I find myself searching for interviews with Johnny "Rotten" Lydon, and discovered that, not only had he a sort of solo project, but that I quite like it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as I did like the Sex Pistols, but I guess I just figured I should have known about Pubic Image Lmt. Maybe its because they always refer to it as Pil and I didn't know what they were talking about. Anyway . . .

Peter Gabriel - solsbury hill

"When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me
Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things
They've come to take me home.""

Peter Gabriel - solsbury hill

"When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me
Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things
They've come to take me home.""

Peter is just perfect isn't he?

I pretty much know your background. Your father who was an aspiring preacher, the Vietnam apparent face with reality, your sister's accident and your father's subsequent re-approach to the spiritual. The Greek lessons, and most relevant to me is your own sort of distant spirituality soaring above the division plane and scouring the distance for that which is not altogether firmly established in any meaningful way. A lost soul on a journey of discovery. Where will it end? Where will it begin? Is, from my perspective, somewhat . . . shall we say . . . reflected in possibly the most measurable context of the aforementioned spirituality; namely, music. You are all over the place. How, if I may inquire, do you see music in a spiritual manner. For clarification, by spiritual I mean, the simple mental inclination that enforces, reflects, or open's up the doors of perception to us. On, I suppose, an emotional level, what does music mean to you?

If you don't mind me asking.

I pretty much know your background. Your father who was an aspiring preacher, the Vietnam apparent face with reality, your sister's accident and your father's subsequent re-approach to the spiritual. The Greek lessons, and most relevant to me is your own sort of distant spirituality soaring above the division plane and scouring the distance for that which is not altogether firmly established in any meaningful way. A lost soul on a journey of discovery. Where will it end? Where will it begin? Is, from my perspective, somewhat . . . shall we say . . . reflected in possibly the most measurable context of the aforementioned spirituality; namely, music. You are all over the place. How, if I may inquire, do you see music in a spiritual manner. For clarification, by spiritual I mean, the simple mental inclination that enforces, reflects, or open's up the doors of perception to us. On, I suppose, an emotional level, what does music mean to you?

If you don't mind me asking.

I was in a black out drunk Friday night after celebrating Juneteenth, and wasn't intentionally ignoring your question hopefully. More than I likely I was just too drunk to type. After listening to rap all night I was apparently in the mood for some Satan music. I'll answer this question at the SAB because I doubt the good people here are interested in a conversation like that. Not on this thread anyways.

Janet Baker sings Mahler - Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen

I am lost to the world
with which I used to waste so much time,
It has heard nothing from me for so long
that it may very well believe that I am dead!

It is of no consequence to me
Whether it thinks me dead;
I cannot deny it,
for I really am dead to the world.

I am dead to the world’s tumult,
And I rest in a quiet realm!
I live alone in my heaven,
In my love and in my song!

FM - Sofa Back from Surveillance

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZRD9Gas6o[/YOUTUBE]

I was a fan of these guys in the 80s, had a long lost cassette. They're a proggy Canadian trio not named Rush or Triumph. Just found out they recently released this album on digital. :D

Back
Top Bottom