• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

One of the cool things about my job is I get to see the band before their record/video comes out. Sometimes, the record sounds so much better than the acoustic version I watched them play. This is not one of those times.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDWepmUXk3w[/YOUTUBE]

These guys were great live. Lead singer was very tall. Backup singers were very nice. But the finished product didn't quite capture the band. They're much, much better than this video would lead you to believe.

:p

Leck mich im Arsch (literally "Lick me in the arse") is a canon in B-flat major composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, K. 231 (K. 382c), with lyrics in German. It was one of a set of at least six canons probably written in Vienna in 1782. Sung by six voices as a three-part round, it is thought to be a party piece for his friends. A literal translation of the song's title and lyrics into English would be "Lick me in the arse". A more idiomatic translation would be "Kiss my arse!"

Elgar's Cello Concerto in E minor, with the wonderful, tragically short-lived Jacqueline du Pre as soloist and the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Sir John Barbirolli.

"Loch Lomond," arranged for violin and orchestra by Paul Campbell, with Nicola Benedetti as violinist and the BBC Scottish Symphony conducted by Rory Macdonald.

"Loch Lomond," arranged for violin and orchestra by Paul Campbell, with Nicola Benedetti as violinist and the BBC Scottish Symphony conducted by Rory Macdonald.

This is beautiful all around being Loch Lomond a favorite of mine...

Camille Saint-Saens' Piano Concerto No. 4 in C minor, with Pascal Rogé as pianist and Charles Dutoit conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra.

Back
Top Bottom