• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Revisiting Some Devil. I luuuuurve this album. Just a thing of beauty and soul. Some tracks had to grow on me, but Trouble I think is my favorite from first listen:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXXQLef_i0[/YOUTUBE]

This song has a sonic timbre quality that somehow reminds me of a Yes song from 1971-1974, but can't place which one now.

Yeah that is damn close. It might also be another song. I also like that version, great match of Yes and vocaloid!

I like this comment:

Dear God, are you there? Why can't I get ENOUGH of this song?
Am I alright? Is everything going to be OK? 

Same composer from the other Miku song. This should be used for a chibi anime version of The Nightmare Before Christmas:

Summary of what is this song about
- People believe there are "Rain of Happiness" above the cloud, so they build a very tall tower, some died and buried but the construction still go on. As they reach enough to get Rain of Happiness, they begin to want, to have more of it. They build tower higher until it's too fragile, destroyed by an attack of giant birds. All of them fallen to earth and become dust.
And... new group of people found the ruin and the fossil of Rain of Happiness. Well... "Endless Loop of Humanity's Greed" is what this song want to say, I guess ?

Looks silly, but this video is kind of as deep and Pearl Jam's "Do The Evolution" in a stripped down way.

Yeah that is damn close. It might also be another song. I also like that version, great match of Yes and vocaloid!

I like this comment:

Dear God, are you there? Why can't I get ENOUGH of this song?
Am I alright? Is everything going to be OK? 

Seems fair enough to assume there's some influence going on...

Funny I was looking at baroque arias, and there is a famous Japanese countertenor, and that version of SK was in the sidebar...so I checked it out.

I was struck by the resemblance to your post, and duh, it turned out to be the same artist...

[YOUTUBE] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sxOi7JwvP4&list=RDBF6yRaX_o3U&index=3 [/YOUTUBE]

good coffee substitute

original:

I don't know man, these popular songs of this style are often isolation/suicide anthems. Must still be a lot of pressure for youth and young adults over there. The writer of the Astronauts song song I linked killed himself at 20 years old. Just found that out.

translated lyrics to the rolling girl song:

Back
Top Bottom