• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

John Barleycorn reminds me of the soundtrack to The Wicker Man (1973) which is not as good, but still pretty interesting.

John Barleycorn reminds me of the soundtrack to The Wicker Man (1973) which is not as good, but still pretty interesting.

The best cover of John Barleycorn I have heard was by Jethro Tull (Atlanta Fox Theater 1991). Anderson's voice and the musical arrangements are just out of this world - and that maniacal laugh near the end! Sadly this live material never made it to vinyl - but you can find it on A Little Light Music CD.

This is a different show, but you get the idea.

The opening guitar sounds almost like Dire Straits
I don't really hear Dire Straits. Maybe its because Dire Straits has a big arena sound and this is a live show.

The guitar track on this song is cut quite cold on the CD and the Youtube video. I have the flat 4-track digital mix-down from the board recorded at the concert I attended (Atlanta '91), and the guitar was MUCH hotter live. You should check out A Little Light Music on CD (1996) if you liked the song - it is one of the best shows I have been to.

Back
Top Bottom