• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6IdHUD6KwM[/YOUTUBE]

Stoner I overlooked this viking/thrash/lore/doom metal in 2008. Frosty.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yguSkVd2rk[/YOUTUBE]

Polish nihilist/funeral doom/Black Metal weirdos, Smoker. Lyrics are inspired by Cioran quotes and the skulls of goats. Singers qoute is that his band isn't a part of the act or the music, so they don't need to have a face. Pollocks are friggin awesome tho man. More Metal bands should do the faceless thing.

Polish nihilist/funeral doom/Black Metal weirdos, Smoker. Lyrics are inspired by Cioran quotes and the skulls of goats. Singers qoute is that his band isn't a part of the act or the music, so they don't need to have a face. Pollocks are friggin awesome tho man. More Metal bands should do the faceless thing.

Good one. I like the faceless thing too but eventually people figure out who you are. It's a damn cool idea though and it shows they aren't just in it for fame.

Good one. I like the faceless thing too but eventually people figure out who you are. It's a damn cool idea though and it shows they aren't just in it for fame.

I think the Killing For Christ band was phenomenal and they were all anonymous members. That is a good concept as well. The veiled members of MGLA have a philosophy behind the veils that seems like an afterthought. The concept they gave seems a little too romantic. More than likely, they had anxiety about performing and veils may have fit the bill to help them. Plus they knew that demon warpaint Black Metal theater is getting stale, and as a BM gimmick, a hood with no face is as perfect as it gets. Satanic, blood spitting BM is getting too likely. I love BM bands that work from a more emotional platform.

Other than the religious symbol on the drum kit, I think the video a perfect piece of art, and the blackest metal on youtube right now. I've watched it several times and I have become thoroughly depressed by it. That is what BM is, in my opinion. BM bands are pimping satan a little too heavily and it hurts the genre. The bulk material of MGLA isn't directly noting satan, so it is more "Blank Metal" than Black metal.

Playing instruments you can barely see has got to be really hard. That may be one reason stage performing artists haven't cashed in on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom