• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

I'm still not sure if interpreting this song with a horn section is the right idea, but fuck that vocalist is amazing!

A friend of mine on Thumbbook showed me this. I had always known of the group and liked a few songs, but when I heard this I gained a whole new appreciation. Four of the members of MP once played for Frank Zappa (including Dale Bozzio, the vocalist), and it is notoriously difficult for any musician to work with Zappa.

What I love about this (besides for Dale herself, whose every move and gesture is charming & sexy in this mock-live performance), is how Dale sings many of the lines on the inverse of the meter. Her husband is the drummer.

1:42 - 1:47 kills me. I think I'm in love. If I were a girl (I mean on the outside), I'd want to be like Dale Bozzio. I've watched this video about a hundred times since yesterday. And I will watch it a thousand times by July.

Last edited:
The wife and I went to see David Byrne's American Utopia tour when it came through town last weekend. Really great show and highly recommended if you have the chance to see it. He's got an amazing group of young musicians and dancers that give the show so much energy! Here's a sample.

[YOUTUBE]j9XkGCS-MTk[/YOUTUBE]

Back
Top Bottom