• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What were your favorite childhood shows?

GenesisNemesis

I am a proud hedonist.
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanist, Scientific Skepticism, Strong Atheism
For me: ReBoot, Beast Wars, Rocko's Modern Life, Pinky and the Brain, and Batman Beyond.

To name a few.

Jackanory

Blue Peter

Magic Roundabout

Flashing Blade

Rentaghost

Top Cat (called Boss Cat on BBC)

Scooby Doo

Play School

Playaway

Camberwick Green

Trumpton

White Horses

If you want an answer from Swedish 71 yo me, please define what you mean by "childhood show".

Going back to 1959-1964, approximately, and the Cleveland TV market (3 channels):
Tarzan movies in matinee showings
Capt. Penny -- who showed Little Rascals and Stooges shorts
(a bit later) -- monster movies, exploitation movies hosted by the one and only Ghoulardi
Mannix, Donna Reed, the Flying Nun, all the usual time wasters
(a bit later) -- a huge crush on Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in The Avengers (OMG)

Leave it to Beaver

Especially when Mrs. Cleaver would say, "Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?"

Transformers

The Cosby Show

Cheers

Night Court

Droopy

Looney Tunes/ Merry Melodies

ETA: The Simpsons

Roc/ Roc Live

You Can't Do That on Television

Dangermouse

Going back to 1959-1964, approximately, and the Cleveland TV market (3 channels):
Tarzan movies in matinee showings
Capt. Penny -- who showed Little Rascals and Stooges shorts
(a bit later) -- monster movies, exploitation movies hosted by the one and only Ghoulardi
Mannix, Donna Reed, the Flying Nun, all the usual time wasters
(a bit later) -- a huge crush on Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in The Avengers (OMG)

Going back to 1969-1974, approximately, and the Cleveland TV market (6 channels w/UHF converter on our Admiral TV)
Hoolihan & Big Chuck late night monster movie hosts
Speed Racer
Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot
Gilligan's Island
Dark Shadows

For me: ReBoot, Beast Wars, Rocko's Modern Life, Pinky and the Brain, and Batman Beyond.
I loved Reboot and Pinky/Brain. But only saw them because my kids were at an age to watch cartoons regularly.

Growing up, i loved Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Land of the Giants, Night Gallery, UFO... Just about anything SciFi on TV. Wonder Woman, too, but not for the Scifi/Fantasy elements...

I loved Reboot and Pinky/Brain. But only saw them because my kids were at an age to watch cartoons regularly.

Growing up, i loved Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Land of the Giants, Night Gallery, UFO... Just about anything SciFi on TV. Wonder Woman, too, but not for the Scifi/Fantasy elements...

The Loner Ranger (radio), Inner Sanctum (radio), the Shadow (radio), Tom Mix (radio), Red Ryder (radio), Tom Mix (radio), Lux hour (radio), Show of Shows (Sid Caesar) (round tube), Red Skeleton (tube), Texaco Star Theater (Milton Berle), Merry Melodies and Silly Symphonies (Saturday matinee movies), Woody Wood Pecker (SMM). These I heard/saw between 1947 and 1956. After that is was Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet (B&W rectangle tube), December Bride (B&W RT), Father Knows Best (B&W RT), Bonanza, (color TV) Perry Como, Wagon Train (CTV), Ed Sullivan (CTV), and finally Carol Burnett on the Gary Moore Show in 1959 (CTV). Oh yeah Baseball with dizzy dean. Somewhere along there came Hopalong Rosenbloom the real square shooter matinee movies and Lash Larue and Sky King.

Sesame Street, hands down. I started reading at around 4 despite the fact that my parents did nothing to teach it to me, and that happened because I watched a lot of Sesame Street.

Yeah, I watched them as an adult, but I loved a pinky and the Brain, and Reboot. Also, beast Wars, Batman, Justlice League, JLU, Power Puff Girls, and Sheep in the Big City - and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. But I don't really consider those kids' shows for me

Scooby Doo
Smokey and the Bandit
Dukes of Hazard
Six Million Dollar Man
Superfriends
Mork and Mindy
Incredible Hulk

Dukes of Hazard
Buck Rogers (I Found this on Netflix and OMG was it bad).
Star Trek
Three's Company
Gilligan's Island
Hogan's Heroes

The Banana Splits.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Wonder Woman - the Lynda Carter version.

Raised by a grandmother so my favorite show as a little kid was actually Perry Mason, followed by Alfred Hitchcock.

I also watched Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, The Munsters, The Beverly Hillbillies, Good Times, The Jeffersons, All in the Family
Eight is Enough, Punkie Brewster, Webster, Alf, One Day at a Time, Three's Company & Tales from the Darkside.

Cartoons: Mighty Mouse, Tom&Jerry, Looney Toons, Ducktales, David the Gnome (from Pinwheel on Nick), Rainbow Brite, Curious George and Paddington Bear

As I got older: GI Joe, Transformers, Silverhawks, Jem, Space Ghost, He-Man, She-Ra, Bionic Six, Birdman, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound,
Mr. T, SpiderMan & His Amazing Friends, You Can't Do That on Television

Then later after I stopped watching tv as much:
Batman, the Animated Series, Superman, the Animated Series, X-Men, (okay anything from comic books), Liquid Television, and the puppet show Sifl & Ollie

I was also a fan of the show Spencer for Hire

ETA: I am deeply ashamed I forgot my favorite show ever: Daria. My friends said she was my high school twin. lol

What I particularly remember watching back then, that I enjoyed:
12 O'Clock High, Jonny Quest, Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, Mannix, The Invaders, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Big Valley, The Avengers, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Hogan's Heroes.

Back
Top Bottom