• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What would count as proof of God

A dog is visible therefore god exists?

I mus confer with the Secret Global Atheist Cabal(SGAC) to discuss how to counter this dangerous theist argument, it may actually prove god exists.

I'm sure that daily interactions and exhibitions of a God like nature would do the trick. The old Greek Gods turned people into tree or animals, for example, or made people's ears turn into donkey ears.

I'm sure that daily interactions and exhibitions of a God like nature would do the trick. The old Greek Gods turned people into tree or animals, for example, or made people's ears turn into donkey ears.
Like, Eric Trump cuts someone off in traffic, suddenly astrologers identify a new constellation, "The Dumbass," in the night sky. Eric not reachabld for comment...

If it would be profoundly despicable for any living human being to ever emulate the central divinity of one's religion, then one actually should not believe in that divinity, even if one believed that that divinity existed. If emulating him would make you an unprintable son of two strangers, then why would you ever worship such an entity?

Likewise, I can jolly well believe in a divinity that I do not actually believe exists. That divinity merely is not the elohim of Abraham.

Some of the devout claim that craft beer is proof that a caring god does exist

I used to make decent beer myself, but I stopped when I got a house that lacked a basement. My late wife hated the smell of the wort.

So far, no sign from the central divinity of any religion.
"Divinity" is one of those words. We have doctors of divinity. Better we call these doctorates in religious studies. Divinity is belief in magic.

Reactions: DBT
"Divinity" is one of those words. We have doctors of divinity. Better we call these doctorates in religious studies. Divinity is belief in magic.
I think 'divinity' adds an important quality to the magic, though. I mean, you can believe in the principles of contagiou, sympathetic magic, totems, fetishes, true names. Basic characteristics that can be manipulated by experts to achieve goals, just like physics, economics, attention spans.

'Divinity' is a reference to judgmental magic. Which can also be manipulated but by knowing what to kiss, and when.

Reactions: DBT
I don't know what would count as proof for a God. However, I'm just a silly human. Surely an all power being with knowledge of everything could figure out something that would be adequate proof of her/him existence.

I don't know what would count as proof for a God. However, I'm just a silly human. Surely an all power being with knowledge of everything could figure out something that would be adequate proof of her/him existence.
Well, exactly.

What would count as proof of a god? God knows. And I respect his clear desire that I should be, and remain, an atheist.

Well, exactly.

What would count as proof of a god? God knows. And I respect his clear desire that I should be, and remain, an atheist.
Since nobody knows who is God does that make him a Whose Who?

Believers pretty much use the argument from anything. The fact that there's anything proves that there's a god. I don't get it but it must make sense to them. Everything and anything proves a god. Alright then!

Everyone knows universes can only come from somebody poofing them into reality. We've all seen it a million times.

Back
Top Bottom