• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What's with the dopey Russian coaches?

Anyway, problem with woman figure skating is that the rest of the world sucks and russians are forced to compete between each other. Previous Olympics was the same.

I hope Trusova stays for 4 more years. I think she can.

Nothing different than the state sponsored doping that was in paddle sport back when I was competing. Shit, East Germany had two athlete populations. Doped and not doped to test the effects. They liked Canoe/Kayak because "the west" didn't spend money on those and the western athletes were left to their own devices but East Germany et al. had state programs. Fuching shit all over them in 1988 when Greg Barton dominate their asses from Michigan with ZERO state support from the most disfunctional national governing body on the planet. Athletes back then in in the bloc often didn't know what "treatment" they were getting. My coach left East Germany in 1992. I have the full story from there.

It's pointless, all experts are saying it's pointless.
Well, hey, if ALL experts say it, it must be true. :rolleyes:
It IS true. I am just informing you that crap you are spewing here makes no sense.
Yes, the Russian athlete just happens to have a drug in her system she doesn't need to enhance her performance. This is a total nothing-burger. She just recreationally takes this medication, and tapers off before major competitions.

Nothing different than the state sponsored doping that was in paddle sport back when I was competing. Shit, East Germany had two athlete populations. Doped and not doped to test the effects. They liked Canoe/Kayak because "the west" didn't spend money on those and the western athletes were left to their own devices but East Germany et al. had state programs. Fuching shit all over them in 1988 when Greg Barton dominate their asses from Michigan with ZERO state support from the most disfunctional national governing body on the planet. Athletes back then in in the bloc often didn't know what "treatment" they were getting. My coach left East Germany in 1992. I have the full story from there.
What is problem? We have expert barbos, fearless leader. He know everything.

Anyway, problem with woman figure skating is that the rest of the world sucks and russians are forced to compete between each other. Previous Olympics was the same.

I hope Trusova stays for 4 more years. I think she can.
When she didn't win the gold, she got very upset, repeatedly said that she hated the sport of skating, and vowed never to skate again. It seems that these young girls are under incredible pressure to win medals. That's the whole point of Coach Eteri Tutberidze's assembly line of teenage quad jumpers, isn't it? They come from all over Russia to train with her, and she does whatever it takes to exploit help them in order to win medals for Russia. They last at least a year--sometimes two--before they burn out and disappear, their bodies no longer capable of sustaining more than one quad, if even that. It's just too bad that they couldn't flush that drug out of her system before her test, because it cast a cloud over the performances of all the Russian athletes.

I had not seen the actual Olympic performances before my last post, but I recorded them and just finished watching. So I'll make some closing remarks here.

I still blame the Russian coach, Eteri Tutberidze as the primary culprit in this mess, and I hope that she receives the blame that she deserves. It is possible that barbos is right that the drugs had no real value in giving the edge to the Russian athletes, but the problem is that the coaching team and those behind them felt that they did. That's why Valieva tested positive on a banned substance and was taking two other drugs that were untested but suspected of having similar beneficial effects. Russia has a history of state-supported doping of athletes, and they clearly have not made the progress that everyone expected. The IOC needs to do something about that--much more rigorous testing of at least Russian athletes. And they should downgrade the points that these figure skaters get for performing quads, not to mention raising the age of allowed competitors.

The two Russian skaters and Japanese bronze medalist who won were superb and ought to have enjoyed their medals, but they were all distraught after what happened to Valieva. I blame none of these athletes, because they had to do what they were told just in order to be in the games. The two Russian medalists who tested clean for drugs now had it hanging over their heads that maybe they just managed to avoid testing positive, but Valieva got caught. After all, they had the same coach and doctor. But that isn't fair. The gold medalist should have been overjoyed after she was announced the winner, but there was really nobody around to celebrate with her. She looked sad and lonely and went searching for people to hug. The silver medalist lost it completely, said she wouldn't go to the podium, hated the sport, and would never compete again. She felt that she had been deprived of the gold. The Japanese bronze medalist was also in tears. And all of these champions got their medals because Valieva, who was favored to win, took a number of spills. So they were supposed to get lesser medals but won theirs almost by default. Allowing Valyeva to compete tarnished everyone's medals, no matter what the outcome. And we could see Tutberidze looking angry and scolding Valyeva, a 15-year-old girl who needed someone to comfort her. It was a very sad day for the Olympics and for Russia.

Strength is useful. Thus doping is useful.
That particular drug does not give Strength. So it's useless.
Strength is far from the only attribute that makes an athlete successful.
Trimetazidine, known as TMZ, is a drug used to treat angina and other heart-related conditions. It works by increasing blood flow to the heart and limiting rapid swings in blood pressure. ... This is illegal for athletes to use both in and out of competition as it can increase blood flow efficiency and improve endurance.
yes, it's useful for swimmers and other endurance disciplines, not in figure skating.
Have you ever watched figure skating--how wiped the athletes look after skating a long program, which lasts 4 minutes, considerably much longer than a sprint? it requires almost continuous physical exertion, maintaining good blood flow to the heart, and endurance to keep preforming the difficult moves towards the end of a program, not just at the beginning--that gets you the highest marks.
Well, the only thing I watch in the Olympics is women's figure skating. So yeah I have watched it. It's a sprint. Pretty much every figure skating expert agrees that doping does not work in figure skating. Well, maybe some weight loss drugs if you have problem with weight.
4 minutes of very controlled physical exertion is a sprint? Now that's what I call a spin.

And previous doping was possible because russian officials were replacing samples.
Here, according to you, they were doping and not replacing. That's too dumb even for russians. And again that drug is useless in figure skating. I understand drugs which control weight ARE useful there, but that's not this one.
The amount found indicates she was being tapered. As far as not useful, I’m uncertain why you think figure skaters train just 5 or 10 minutes a day.

Only woman who can land a quad has heart strengthening medicine found in her blood. Nothing to see here. CIA.
a girl, not a woman

Well, the only thing I watch in the Olympics is women's figure skating. So yeah I have watched it. It's a sprint. Pretty much every figure skating expert agrees that doping does not work in figure skating. Well, maybe some weight loss drugs if you have problem with weight.
4 minutes of very controlled physical exertion is a sprint? Now that's what I call a spin.
Yeah... as much as a mile is a sprinting distance. Yes, 4 minutes isn't a long time to run, but it ain't a sprint.

To me soccer is a light aerobics workout with a lot of standing breaks.

Just a bit more challenging than competitive standing still.

Paddle sports? You mean oping in pingpong?

Paddle sports? You mean oping in pingpong?
I think the reference is paddle-powered watercraft, not ping pong.

You must mean kayaks. Ping pong is an Olympic sport, I imagine doping would be a help there as well.

Back