• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

When Do We Start Calling This “The Greater Depression”?

I agree the recession is over. I'm talking about the depression. Those are two different things.

Last time around I tried to come up with a simple illustration to explain the difference, but the simple illustration confused almost everyone on this board. So I guess all I can do is say "trust me, recession and depression aren't the same thing."

In the Yukon, a lot of people have to work two part-time jobs. Neither pays them any benefits and they can barely make ends meet, often having to share accommodations and needing the assistance of food banks.

I don't know what you want to call that but it's not a great economic model to my way of thinking, yet corporations are very partial to it.

In the Yukon, a lot of people have to work two part-time jobs. Neither pays them any benefits and they can barely make ends meet, often having to share accommodations and needing the assistance of food banks.

I don't know what you want to call that but it's not a great economic model to my way of thinking, yet corporations are very partial to it.

In my small city, what you have just described is just how life is for almost everyone --but add in a third job. And has been for generations. Which explains why accept a very long commute to my pretty decent job. Two of my kids (who live on a larger metropolitan areas) have typically worked two to three jobs.

In my small city, what you have just described is just how life is for almost everyone --but add in a third job. And has been for generations. Which explains why accept a very long commute to my pretty decent job. Two of my kids (who live on a larger metropolitan areas) have typically worked two to three jobs.

The fact that corporations are complaining that they cannot attract and retain 'good' staff is infuriating when it is their own practice of minimum wages, no benefits and holding hours to 25 per week or less that makes it a challenge for many people to earn a living wage. I know a number of people who have three jobs as well, working themselves into an early grave. :(

Back
Top Bottom