• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Where did God get the feminine nature to put into women?

Nature is red in tooth and claw, as Darwin is said to have said. If nature is God, it is not a kind one. Turning it into a God seems like anthropocentrism to me. I view nature as blind and inanimate forces without will or purpose, just the way things are.
If nature is God, it is a superior God as compared to Yahweh.

Nature has no problem of evil, while Yahweh does.

Nature creates and sustains us for our best possible end and the good of the many.

Yahweh is shown as creating and sustaining for the good of the few, instead of the many, even in the numbers hell bound.

That is the dogma of course. The bible shows the opposite, where Yahweh does not lose any souls.

Christians ignore the bible and how un-natural their thinking got since stupid supernatural thinking took hold.

Regards
DL

The return of Darth Gnostic.

If nature is god, then surely a volcano and super nova are godlike?

Tornados, earthquakes, mosquitos and malaria?

Your arguments are on the same vacuous levels as Christians and Yahweh. Erzatz.

Lets see. Nature is god, I am part of nature, theretofore I am god? Do you think you are god Mr Gnostic?

A line from the movie Dr No, James Bond speaking to Dr No. Asylums are filled with people who think they are Napoleon, or god.

Adding:

Gnostic in the past called al else evil. Now he says his nature god is better than Yahweh. We see here the basis for religious conflty gong far baclk in history.

As long as it stays within the bounds of civil law, to me all faiths and myths are of equal personal value to the individual. Librtsl Chrians reivnet god to include gays, no poiblem with that,

All it takes to promote peace is to say I have my beliefs and you are welcome to yours with bias or prejudice or condemnation. Promoye bias and divisions on any basis and I oppose that.

Nature is red in tooth and claw, as Darwin is said to have said. If nature is God, it is not a kind one. Turning it into a God seems like anthropocentrism to me. I view nature as blind and inanimate forces without will or purpose, just the way things are.

Nature doesn't recognize any thing. Yahweh does, and is generally the cause of bad stuff.
Nature creates and sustains us for our best possible end and the good of the many.
No, evolution works by a trial and error process to determine what helps us procreate and help to or protect from being eaten. This process is not warrantied.

Nature doesn't recognize any thing. Yahweh does, and is generally the cause of bad stuff.
No, evolution works by a trial and error process to determine what helps us procreate and help to or protect from being eaten. This process is not warrantied.
Nature, I agree, does a lot of trial and error.

That doe not negate what is obvious and irrefutable; that nature creates all life for their best possible end.

Your first is also correct, and that is why we send that God to hell a long time ago and reverted to a form of the older Chrestianity, where man is above God and not some imaginary God above man.

Regards
DL

steve_bank

Lies about modern Gnostic Christian beliefs.

The wise will ignore him.

Regards
DL
I said nothing about Gnostic Christian beliefs per se. You claim nature is a better god than Yahweh.

I asked that if nature is god and you are part of nature, are you then god? Do you think you are god or perhaps a prophet?

I am not questioning your fiath, only your words and lack of any substance. As I said what somebody believes is neither here nor there for me.

If one is part of nature, and nature is God, that doesn't make one a God any more than a part of Shiva's fingernail would have been Shiva.

I asked that if nature is god and you are part of nature, are you then god?
Yes.

Are you a God in waiting, or have you stepped up to your destiny?

If one is created in God’s image, as you and I are, and can know good and evil, as most of us do, then if you believe the scriptures, you have reached Godhood.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Note the “Us”.

Those foolish Christians who believe in the one supernatural God can never live their true naturalistic religion.

Those Christians can never be “Us”, as they see some major immoral sins as good. Homophobia and misogyny.

Unfortunately, they will never gain a Jesus consciousness or be elected to Christ.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I find more Jesus consciousness in non-believers, than in the right-wing believers.

This is not to say that the right are not mostly good.

Most are not quite the best good, as they have let supernatural belief have them forget their predestined legacy.

Their single eye is closed.

Religiously speaking, if Christians are fearful of becoming Jesus like, it is no wonder that the only Christian denomination that does live his and her Christian religion, are Gnostic Christian.

Christian who are unaware of how he is supposed to interpret and live Christianity, should ask a Gnostic Christian.

What the inquisitors wrote into history to justify themselves, are mostly lies.

We died because we were the good Christians, who recognized our religious due and destiny.

We also died for naming the supernatural god, evil.

Jesus died for Gnostic Christians, not Constantine’s Christians.

As Jesus asked in the bible, have you forgotten that you are a God?

Step up to your destiny and single your eye.

The supernatural is killing our eco system.

Natural might be a lesser evil than un-natural supernatural.

Regards
DL

Then, even though we are part of God, we can also be part of the eternally damned, even from the Hindu perspective, as we were discussing about the ideas of one sub-school Hinduism elsewhere.

Then, even though we are part of God, we can also be part of the eternally damned, even from the Hindu perspective, as we were discussing about the ideas of one sub-school Hinduism elsewhere.
Who damned you/us eternally?

Scriptures say we are all saved due to Yahweh willing it. Jesus would not report saving just a few, pops. After all. Jesus is God to Trinitarians.

I am a part of God, and God in my own right, as an adult, and am a part of the eternally saved.

If you feel damned now, then some God can damn you eternally.

If you do not feel damned at present, then God cannot damn you eternally, as you cannot perceive it.

Gnostics see this reality as heaven, --- (confirmed by Jesus in scriptures), --- as the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given our history. Science agrees.

Do you see yourself in heaven or hell, damned or saved?

Regards
DL

I asked that if nature is god and you are part of nature, are you then god?
Yes.

Are you a God in waiting, or have you stepped up to your destiny?

If one is created in God’s image, as you and I are, and can know good and evil, as most of us do, then if you believe the scriptures, you have reached Godhood.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Note the “Us”.

Those foolish Christians who believe in the one supernatural God can never live their true naturalistic religion.

Those Christians can never be “Us”, as they see some major immoral sins as good. Homophobia and misogyny.

Unfortunately, they will never gain a Jesus consciousness or be elected to Christ.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I find more Jesus consciousness in non-believers, than in the right-wing believers.

This is not to say that the right are not mostly good.

Most are not quite the best good, as they have let supernatural belief have them forget their predestined legacy.

Their single eye is closed.

Religiously speaking, if Christians are fearful of becoming Jesus like, it is no wonder that the only Christian denomination that does live his and her Christian religion, are Gnostic Christian.

Christian who are unaware of how he is supposed to interpret and live Christianity, should ask a Gnostic Christian.

What the inquisitors wrote into history to justify themselves, are mostly lies.

We died because we were the good Christians, who recognized our religious due and destiny.

We also died for naming the supernatural god, evil.

Jesus died for Gnostic Christians, not Constantine’s Christians.

As Jesus asked in the bible, have you forgotten that you are a God?

Step up to your destiny and single your eye.

The supernatural is killing our eco system.

Natural might be a lesser evil than un-natural supernatural.

Regards
DL
In a sense you are acting as a Gnostic Christian inquisiter, all else are 'foolish' and 'liars'. You are condemning everybody but your beliefs.

Do you see the contradictions in your posts?

You are throwing out unconnected sound bites, like the gospels. I am sure it all makes sense to you. Theistic gibberish to me, hand waving.

Your sound bites are analogous to repeating a mantra, one repeats a meaningless word that the practitioner belives actually means something and it makes him feel good. Even holy.

Carryung it to an exteme it leads to the 'holier than thou' attitude. One feels a god like omniscience over fellow humans.

I see myself in neither heaven nor hell, since I do not think either exists. I see this as a purely scholarly theoretical discussion of possibilities based on various religious points of view.
Who damned you/us eternally?

Scriptures say we are all saved due to Yahweh willing it. Jesus would not report saving just a few, pops. After all. Jesus is God to Trinitarians.

I am a part of God, and God in my own right, as an adult, and am a part of the eternally saved.

If you feel damned now, then some God can damn you eternally.

If you do not feel damned at present, then God cannot damn you eternally, as you cannot perceive it.

Gnostics see this reality as heaven, --- (confirmed by Jesus in scriptures), --- as the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given our history. Science agrees.

Do you see yourself in heaven or hell, damned or saved?

Regards
DL
I see myself as neither in heaven or hell, since I doubt that either exists. I view this as a purely theoretical discussion based on religious ideas whose truth or untruth cannot be firmly established one way or the other.

A story I read from India.

A guru is lecturing his students that god is in them and god is in everthing. Filled with bliss after the lecture a student is waklking down a road.

An angry bellowing elephant is running down the road headed for him. He thinks if god is in me and god is in the elephant I have nothing to worry about.

The elephant grabs hm with his trunk and flings him into the brush.

Bewildered he asks his guru what went wrong. The guru says 'God in the elephant was speaking to god in you, but you were not listening'.

I imagine modern Gnostic Christians are a synchretic blend of multiple traditions, including Hinduism which predates Christianity.

The self is the eternal god.

Authority and eternal truths play an important role in Hinduism.[241] Religious traditions and truths are believed to be contained in its sacred texts, which are accessed and taught by sages, gurus, saints or avatars.[241] But there is also a strong tradition of the questioning of authority, internal debate and challenging of religious texts in Hinduism. The Hindus believe that this deepens the understanding of the eternal truths and further develops the tradition. Authority "was mediated through [...] an intellectual culture that tended to develop ideas collaboratively, and according to the shared logic of natural reason."[241] Narratives in the Upanishads present characters questioning persons of authority.[241] The Kena Upanishad repeatedly asks kena, 'by what' power something is the case.[241] The Katha Upanishad and Bhagavad Gita present narratives where the student criticizes the teacher's inferior answers.[241] In the Shiva Purana, Shiva questions Vishnu and Brahma.[241] Doubt plays a repeated role in the Mahabharata.[241] Jayadeva's Gita Govinda presents criticism via the character of Radha.[241]

I see myself as neither in heaven or hell, since I doubt that either exists
As long as you are not deluded into thinking you have been condemned and are to be judged, we have no argument.

A natural heaven and hell exist.

They are states of mind and how we perceive the reality around us.

Regards
DL

Good., but obvious. I think a Buddhist would say we create our heavens and hells. One of the Tibetan techniques is to first control your dreams, thn bei g able to enter a dream state at will. One creates one's own inner reality, or 'mind is the ultimate reality'. Which does not mean mind controls physical reality.

As I put it, it is not what you believe but how you believe it.

In an interview the Dali Lama was asked about westerners converting to Buddhism. He said 'Why not practice the one you already have?'.

Your belief in Jesus and Gnostic Christianity is only as true as you believe it to be. It is thought forms which have no reality outside the brain.

Good., but obvious. I think a Buddhist would say we create our heavens and hells. One of the Tibetan techniques is to first control your dreams, thn bei g able to enter a dream state at will. One creates one's own inner reality, or 'mind is the ultimate reality'. Which does not mean mind controls physical reality.

As I put it, it is not what you believe but how you believe it.

In an interview the Dali Lama was asked about westerners converting to Buddhism. He said 'Why not practice the one you already have?'.

Your belief in Jesus and Gnostic Christianity is only as true as you believe it to be. It is thought forms which have no reality outside the brain.
Belief in Jesus??

See what I mean about you not knowing what a Gnostic Christian?

Did Chrestianity have a real belief in a real Jesus?

No.

We do follow the esoteric renderings of the Gnostic Jesus. They free us from what you falsely say we believe.

See this ---

Regards
DL

Back
Top Bottom