• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White House pulls CNN's Jim Acosta's pass after contentious news conference

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
In a stunning break with protocol, the White House said Wednesday night that it's suspending CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass "until further notice."

The move came just hours after Acosta drew the ire of President Trump and his allies by asking multiple questions at a post-midterms news conference. Trump insulted Acosta and called him a "terrible" person.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders announced in a statement that Acosta would be stripped of what's known as a "hard pass," which gives him access to the White House grounds.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/s1WkFpbHIpI[/YOUTUBE]

Snowflake in Chief.

It is worth noting that this is the same guy who knuckled under to Putin and Kim Jong Un. He's all smiles when dealing with dictators. Reporters? Not so much.

In contrast, today on the ride home I was listening to our local news talk station interview the guy running our elections. They're slowly, deliberately counting the ballots in our contested Senate race, and while the host hammered him over and over again about how slow the process was going, the guest never lost his cool. A state election official managed to do a far better job of handling a hostile radio host than Trump did with a CNN reporter.

This is like Inception.

Level 1: The Mad Man is destroying the environment, taking over institutions and destroying others, laying American democracy down before international oligarchs to devour...and Level 2: domestic deplorables do deplorable things like murder, terrorism etc...and Level 3: he makes scandals that distract everyone, sensationalist, divisive talking points...and Level 4: reporter A gets called a racist...and Level 5: Reporter B gets yelled at by grouchface and gets his free press stolen...and Level 6: the quick lie to cover it up-Reporter B allegedly assaulted the female intern leaning into him...and Level 7: firing Sessions.

Yes, we are in a dream in a dream in a dream, making us lose track.

It is worth noting that this is the same guy who knuckled under to Putin and Kim Jong Un. He's all smiles when dealing with dictators. Reporters? Not so much.
But he does fantasize about being able to body slam a reporter.
Instead, makes sure he nev ere has to see him...

....and now I’m seeing reports that the whitehouse released a doctored video of Jim Accosta karate chopping the “intern” (she’s not an intern either)

....and now I’m seeing reports that the whitehouse released a doctored video of Jim Accosta karate chopping the “intern” (she’s not an intern either)

Yup, they got it from Prison Planet, of all places.

https://boingboing.net/2018/11/07/trump-white-house-suspends-cre.html

UPDATE: After an outcry from several media outlets and the White House Correspondents Association, Sarah Sanders doubled down on the claim that Accosta manhandled the intern who tried to take his mic. You'll notice the timing is a bit off in the video. That's because the video has been sped up to make it look like Acosta "chopped" the intern's arm. The source of the edited video Sarah Sanders used?

Paul Joseph Watson of Prison Planet/Infowars.

Using fake news to justify intimidating legitimate journalism. I swear, I'm not getting my irony meter fixed until 2024, the repair costs are killing me.

The reporter got in trouble for asking too many questions.

If we had an independent press they all would stop covering the White House.

They have no integrity. No spines.

We will all make it just fine if the lies from the White House are not reported on for a while.

Hilarious. Acosta was being a dick and got schooled. And then the next reporter that spoke to Trump said something in support of Acosta and Trump said, "yeah, well I'm not a fan of yours either". Brilliant ! :hysterical:

Hilarious. Acosta was being a dick and got schooled. And then the next reporter that spoke to Trump said something in support of Acosta and Trump said, "yeah, well I'm not a fan of yours either". Brilliant ! :hysterical:

It's a reporters job to ask tough questions. They don't have to be nice. So what if you think he was a dick. He was just doing his job.

Being a dick?

To the biggest dick to ever live?

How exactly was he a dick?

It's a reporters job to ask tough questions. They don't have to be nice. So what if you think he was a dick. He was just doing his job.

Acosta is not a real journalist, he works for CNN for goodness' sake. It was funny, I laughed and I laughed. :hysterical:

Acosta is not a real journalist, he works for CNN for goodness' sake. It was funny, I laughed and I laughed. :hysterical:

That you think he is not a real reporter is a real problem for democracy.

That you want nobody to stand up to ignorant and lying and corrupted and criminal power is a real problem for democracy.

Democracy needs people with sense and decency to function.

That you want nobody to stand up to ignorant and lying and corrupted and criminal power is a real problem for democracy.

This is a real issue that you bring up. Democracy DOES need people with a sense of decency to function. Is the tipping point of inhumane people creeping up on us? Will American democracy topple under the weight of the growing demographic of misinformed, angry, fools? I suspect that is quite likely. They don't seem to be able to realize just how destructive their delusions are until the consequences of their beliefs and actions bring ruin directly upon themselves (and the rest of us).

This is why I never brag about voting being mandatory in Australia. Sword cuts both ways.

This is a real issue that you bring up. Democracy DOES need people with a sense of decency to function. Is the tipping point of inhumane people creeping up on us? Will American democracy topple under the weight of the growing demographic of misinformed, angry, fools? I suspect that is quite likely. They don't seem to be able to realize just how destructive their delusions are until the consequences of their beliefs and actions bring ruin directly upon themselves (and the rest of us).

The reason for public education is to have an informed electorate.

But the waters have been so muddied by insanity.

You have Republicans bragging how they are not raising taxes.

As they raise spending. Massively. Like in trillions for an immoral and unneeded attack of Iraq. With a lot of that money going to good old Republican weapons manufacturing donors. War for profit when you pass the bill to the next generation.

And large sections of the ill-educated electorate can't see though their dangerous nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom