• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White Male Kicked off US $20 SJWs Win Spectacular Victory

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/20/news/10-bill-hamilton-20-tubman/index.html

The announcement is expected to come later Wednesday from Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who will also reveal that a montage of leaders from the women's suffrage movement will be added to the back of the $10.
A Treasury official confirmed to CNN that a portrait of Tubman, a women's rights advocate and abolitionist known for bringing slaves to safety on the Underground Railroad, will appear on the $20.

Harriet Tubman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

Shouldn't they have used a woman's portrait for the one dollar bill because . . . well, you know.

Shouldn't they have used a woman's portrait for the one dollar bill because . . . well, you know.
No, I don't know. Why a $1?
The $20 seems perfect. I can't get a lap dance for any number of $1's.

Decent they decided to keep Mr. Central Bank on the $10 and boot Jackson from the $20. I do like how they'll have women on the back of the $10.

Also, what is cash?

Since ATMs do not dispense $10 bills, only $20's, we'll be seeing a lot of her nationwide. This will make far right racists do double back flips over the next few years. Its makes me smirk.

Since ATMs do not dispense $10 bills, only $29's, we'll be seeing a lot of her nationwide.
$29 dollar bill? Although $27 dollar bill with Bernie's face is in the works I heard.

This will make far right racists do double back flips over the next few years. Its makes me smirk.
Shouldn't a major change like this require congressional approval, not merely a decision by some Treasury flunky?
Also, one can disagree with merits of putting certain people on money without being "racist". Is she really as significant to the history of the US as the displaced Jackson?

Besides, if you insist on Harriett Tubman on currency, why not a more photogenic version?
Step 1: have Obama's Hollywood buddies make a Tubman biopic starring somebody attractive, like Lupita Nyong'o.
Step 2: use that as the basis for the currency portrait

A biopic is necessary anyway because I am sure most people do not know who Tubman was anyway.

If the next Treasury Secretary doesn't follow suit, this will be must ado about nothing.

No, I don't know. Why a $1?
For stage dance tips obviously.

The $20 seems perfect.
Here a lap dance is usually $10, so with $20 she'd have to make change. Oh, and "black clubs" tend to charge $5. Go figure. Maybe Tubman should have gone on the $5 bill then. <puts on flameproof suit before Frikki, RavenSky and Toni show up>
I can't get a lap dance for any number of $1's.
Are you aware of what "any number" means? Getting a lap dance for some number of $1 bills is easy even if we restrict "any number" to "any natural number".

I did some reading on wiki about our paper currency in reaction to this.

I think we should bring back some of the really big bills, but take Salmon Chase off the 10,000. Also, I just love how the really big bills didn't have a picture on the back, only the words TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! (or whatever)

I did some reading on wiki about our paper currency in reaction to this.

I think we should bring back some of the really big bills, but take Salmon Chase off the 10,000. Also, I just love how the really big bills didn't have a picture on the back, only the words TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! (or whatever)

There was some badass money in those big denominations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_denominations_of_United_States_currency

Note that $500 with Mansfied features some bare-ass tittay and a crazy homeless looking guy.

I believe that is General Mansfield himself, an American hero who was killed leading his soldiers at the battle of Antietam. Shame on you, sir. Odd that they'd pick him, though.

It's a pity they didn't issue the Sherman one, though they could have picked a better portrait. Meade got his.

I believe that is General Mansfield himself, an American hero who was killed leading his soldiers at the battle of Antietam.

Well, I guess that makes more sense than the chick being Jayne Mansfield.

Since ATMs do not dispense $10 bills, only $20's, we'll be seeing a lot of her nationwide. This will make far right racists do double back flips over the next few years. Its makes me smirk.

1461184246559.jpg

From /pol/

my elementary school teacher was descended from Tubman, so I heard about her a lot. Her mission was impressive and actually more badass than Jackson's duel, which is hard to top.

If the next Treasury Secretary doesn't follow suit, this will be must ado about nothing.
Yup, another rallying cry for Trump Supporters. "Keep Jackson on the $20!"

Well Treasury took up Cruz' idea to not change the $10 bill and give the boot to Jackson instead. I mean, he's only the first Democratic president so that explains Cruz' attitude but not the Treasury's.

Trump's first choice:
Ivanka+Trump+QVC+Presents+FFANY+Shoes+Sale+DjbDFyGWIZNl.jpg

37900128.jpg

His second choice was Rosa Parks, which is possibly the last time he agreed on anything with Cruz. :)

- - - Updated - - -

my elementary school teacher was descended from Tubman

I didn't think she had any children.

Back
Top Bottom