• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White Male Kicked off US $20 SJWs Win Spectacular Victory

I don't agree much with that woman in that TheRoot.com article, but at least she has some level of internal consistency and doesn't seem like a hypocrite. That gets my respect.

No, I don't know. Why a $1?
For stage dance tips obviously.

The $20 seems perfect.
Here a lap dance is usually $10, so with $20 she'd have to make change. Oh, and "black clubs" tend to charge $5. Go figure. Maybe Tubman should have gone on the $5 bill then. <puts on flameproof suit before Frikki, RavenSky and Toni show up>
I can't get a lap dance for any number of $1's.
Are you aware of what "any number" means? Getting a lap dance for some number of $1 bills is easy even if we restrict "any number" to "any natural number".

When someone is paying for a lap dance, or giving one, I don't think they will pay too much attention to whether there is a male of female picture on the note as long as it serves its purpose for the exchange of goods and services.

Cash is becoming archaic. Particularly outside the USA.

It seems to me that in a few decades, people who like to deal in cash will be thought as marginal and crazy as people who still cling to commodity money. There will be 'greenback-bugs' just as today we have 'goldbugs', who think that numbers in a bank's server are not 'real' money.

The question of who appears on banknotes is a concern from a dying age.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/20/news/10-bill-hamilton-20-tubman/index.html

The announcement is expected to come later Wednesday from Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who will also reveal that a montage of leaders from the women's suffrage movement will be added to the back of the $10.
A Treasury official confirmed to CNN that a portrait of Tubman, a women's rights advocate and abolitionist known for bringing slaves to safety on the Underground Railroad, will appear on the $20.

Harriet Tubman.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

We need some manplanations about the secret covenant of phantom Femi-Nazis who are behind this

Cash is becoming archaic. Particularly outside the USA.

It seems to me that in a few decades, people who like to deal in cash will be thought as marginal and crazy as people who still cling to commodity money. There will be 'greenback-bugs' just as today we have 'goldbugs', who think that numbers in a bank's server are not 'real' money.

The question of who appears on banknotes is a concern from a dying age.
Unfortunately there is a growing underclass of poor people who can only use cash. And then there are countries who use it as their currency like Ecuador.

More than just the $20 are being updated. The 5 and 10 are being changed as well.

On the back of the $10 - Susan B Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, Alice Paul, and Sojourner Truth

Back of the $5 - Marian Anderson, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Martin Luther King Jr.

What is odd is that Edison and Tesla (not American born but lived here for 52 years) aren't on the bills. Two of the most important inventors ever in our country. Heck, Tesla is probably second to only Archimedes as the best engineer of all time.

What is odd is that Edison and Tesla (not American born but lived here for 52 years) aren't on the bills. Two of the most important inventors ever in our country. Heck, Tesla is probably second to only Archimedes as the best engineer of all time.

+1

And add John Bardeen to that list. Two Nobel prizes!

I can't get a lap dance for any number of $1's.
Are you aware of what "any number" means?
Why, yes, I am.
Getting a lap dance for some number of $1 bills is easy even if we restrict "any number" to "any natural number".
Not really. Not where I've been, anyway. Dancer sees me with a big wad of cash, but the outside bill is merely a $1, they walk over to the guy flashing a $20.

It's a matter of tactics. Even if I plan to give her 20 or 30 of the $1's, they remember some cheapskate who waved 30, but only came across with 5 bills.
The guy with the $20 can't string them along by tearing off 1/20th of the bill.

+1

And add John Bardeen to that list. Two Nobel prizes!
Grace Hopper would obviously be welcomed on an American bill dedicated to great contributions in technology.

More than just the $20 are being updated. The 5 and 10 are being changed as well.

On the back of the $10 - Susan B Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, Alice Paul, and Sojourner Truth

Back of the $5 - Marian Anderson, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Martin Luther King Jr.
That's not a very diverse group of women at all. Many of them were also in favor of banning alcohol which should disqualify them right there. Why not have a more diverse (in proper sense of the word) group of both men and women on currency? How about scientists, inventors, explorers, etc.?

Because of bank fees, lack of access to credit.
There are actually free checking solutions. Some that don't even require minimum balance (but limit teller interactions, which is ok given how ubiquitous ATMs are). Even if there is a checking account fee, it is still lower than what a check cashing place might charge.
So bank fees really aren't the reason.

Lack of nearly banks.
A nearly bank? Something that is almost, but not quite, a bank? :) You mean "nearby" obviously.
I don't know about Minnesota, but around here banks are plentiful even in the hood. And ATMs are even more plentiful than full bank branches.

Back
Top Bottom