• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White Male Kicked off US $20 SJWs Win Spectacular Victory

Not really. Not where I've been, anyway. Dancer sees me with a big wad of cash, but the outside bill is merely a $1, they walk over to the guy flashing a $20.
Where I've been I never had to literally flash cash to get their attention. They don't see what currency I have until I pay. Although I do not use small denominations unless necessary for both our convenience.

What is odd is that Edison and Tesla (not American born but lived here for 52 years) aren't on the bills. Two of the most important inventors ever in our country. Heck, Tesla is probably second to only Archimedes as the best engineer of all time.
True that. I mean UK used to have Darwin on the currency, but he also got sacrificed on the altar of political correctness and replaced with a woman (a mediocre chick-lit writer named Jane Austen).

Cash is becoming archaic. Particularly outside the USA.

It seems to me that in a few decades, people who like to deal in cash will be thought as marginal and crazy as people who still cling to commodity money. There will be 'greenback-bugs' just as today we have 'goldbugs', who think that numbers in a bank's server are not 'real' money.

The question of who appears on banknotes is a concern from a dying age.

I don't know about that. Certainly if somebody insists on using only cash you could call them odd even today and even more in the future but cash is still very convenient for small amounts and when you'd rather stay anonymous (see Jerry Springer paying a hooker with a check). Bitcoin serves some of the latter purpose but it is its own currency (more fiat than fiat) and thus fluctuates in value and is not nearly as convenient as cash to spend. Besides, until you find a way to put a bitcoin in a stripper's thong there will always be a need for dollar bills. ;)

Because of bank fees, lack of access to credit. Lack of nearly banks.

I advise against keeping your money in a nearly bank.

My only problem with this is that the $20 bill is one of only two denominations regularly referred to by the name of person on the face of the bill.

Benjamin = $100, and Jackson = $20.

Asking a friend to "slide me a Tubman" just doesn't have the same ring as "slide me a Jackson".

My only problem with this is that the $20 bill is one of only two denominations regularly referred to by the name of person on the face of the bill.

Asking a friend to "slide me a Tubman" just doesn't have the same ring as "slide me a Jackson".

It's going to be a "tubby".

You know this to be true.

I remember years ago when Reagan Worshippers were pumping to put Reagan on US currency. I guess now we will see currency wars as to who should be on US currency.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/03/reagan.fifty.dollar.bill/

(CNN) -- Should Ulysses S. Grant, the legendary Union general and 18th president of the United States, be bumped from his 96-year stint on the $50 bill?
Yes, according to one North Carolina Republican.
Rep. Patrick McHenry announced that he will introduce a measure that would replace Grant's face with Ronald Reagan's, just in time for the 40th president's 100th birthday next February.

I remember years ago when Reagan Worshippers were pumping to put Reagan on US currency. I guess now we will see currency wars as to who should be on US currency.

(CNN) -- Should Ulysses S. Grant, the legendary Union general and 18th president of the United States, be bumped from his 96-year stint on the $50 bill?
Rep. Patrick McHenry announced that he will introduce a measure that would replace Grant's face with Ronald Reagan's, just in time for the 40th president's 100th birthday next February.

See, back in those days they thought it took some sort of law. Little did they know the Treasury Secretary could just do it.

That means a President Trump could put Trump on all the money.

It's going to be a "tubby".

You know this to be true.

Could be worse. Could be a tubgirl.

OK with me. Grant for all his Civil War victories was a terrible president.

Since ATMs do not dispense $10 bills, only $20's, we'll be seeing a lot of her nationwide. This will make far right racists do double back flips over the next few years. Its makes me smirk.

The racists and confederate sympathizers have already commented in various places that they will refuse to use the $20, get change for it whenever possible and write "nigger" on it as often as they can.

Also, one can disagree with merits of putting certain people on money without being "racist". Is she really as significant to the history of the US as the displaced Jackson?

You're defending the issuer of  Specie Circular of course. Well there you go. Hamilton (advocate of national bank) a hit, Tubman on the $20, and Jackson (specie circular and father of eight year recession) - should have retired in New Orleans where he was to be made famous in 1959 by  Johnny Horton- off to the dust bin.

A small suggestion. To avoid these sorts of political conflicts, use pictures of useful, or edible animals on our paper currency.

$1 - Chicken
$2 - Pig
5$ - Cow
$10 - Turkey
$20 - Horse
$50 - Mule
$100 - Buffalo

A small suggestion. To avoid these sorts of political conflicts, use pictures of useful, or edible animals on our paper currency.

$1 - Chicken
$2 - Pig
5$ - Cow
$10 - Turkey
$20 - Horse
$50 - Mule
$100 - Buffalo

We used to have pagan gods or animals. I suggest we go back to those - Columbia, Liberty, Mercury, Buffalos, etc.

I see a thread like this and suddenly I get a warm fuzzy feeling as I realize I still have Derec on ignore.:D

What is odd is that Edison and Tesla (not American born but lived here for 52 years) aren't on the bills. Two of the most important inventors ever in our country. Heck, Tesla is probably second to only Archimedes as the best engineer of all time.

I'm all for putting Edison on the $100. That would fit the pattern of honoring American heroes, with Harriet Tubman as the trailblazer for it. In the mean time, I suggest Neil Armstrong for the $50.

And George Takei for the quarter.

But when will Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan be honored?

A few more years of high inflation, we can put them both on the $200.

The racists and confederate sympathizers have already commented in various places that they will refuse to use the $20, get change for it whenever possible and write "nigger" on it as often as they can.
One can have reasonable disagreements over this decision but that kind of racist BS is beyond the pale.

Btw, why not put Prince on the $20 as a compromise? He is androgynous and omniracial. They'd have to swap color scheme with the $5 though.

Cash is becoming archaic. Particularly outside the USA.

It seems to me that in a few decades, people who like to deal in cash will be thought as marginal and crazy as people who still cling to commodity money. There will be 'greenback-bugs' just as today we have 'goldbugs', who think that numbers in a bank's server are not 'real' money.

The question of who appears on banknotes is a concern from a dying age.
Unfortunately there is a growing underclass of poor people who can only use cash. And then there are countries who use it as their currency like Ecuador.

Yes; the USA is an exception because of your bizarrely antiquated banking system (You seriously still use cheques??) and massive underclass; And outside the OECD, cash is still king because they don't have the infrastructure to support electronic money.

CgnXc-GWgAAFsCh.jpg:large

Wow how insightful. A woman who defends herself with a gun compared with a hot headed lout who sought out up to 100 victims upon which to gorge his blood lust in duels.

This same man claims fatherhood of the democratic party founded by Jefferson and Madison upon its breakup in 1828 because he favored gold and local printing of money the United States. Yeah, that was well done too. It caused an eight year recession starting in 1836.

Well done $20 face team, well done.

Back
Top Bottom