• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White Male Kicked off US $20 SJWs Win Spectacular Victory

Hey darlin' - if the thought that Harriet Tubman is just like you makes you all feel better... go right ahead. :)
Well isn't that the true liberal idea, rather than this regressive left focus on identity politics.

CQsYwY4.png

Inflation: when you party like it's $19.99.

Cash is becoming archaic. Particularly outside the USA.

It seems to me that in a few decades, people who like to deal in cash will be thought as marginal and crazy as people who still cling to commodity money. There will be 'greenback-bugs' just as today we have 'goldbugs', who think that numbers in a bank's server are not 'real' money.

The question of who appears on banknotes is a concern from a dying age.

It's uncommon, though not unheard of, for people to pay for transactions with cash rather than plastic anywhere in the US that has a traffic light and 2+ stop signs.

I've certainly never been admonished for paying for a lunch with a credit card when I was short on cash in the US, as happened to me in Dusseldorf.

Having my ATM card expire in the last 1.5 months of my secondment in London was also an inconvenience - much moreso than it would have been in the US. One day I somehow boarded the wrong train and ended up in Hampton, so thought to try to take a taxi to my destination in the interest of time. I checked with about a dozen cabs over a 20 min timeframe before I jumped on a train back to Clapham then waited for the next train on correct route.

Cash is still king in most of South America and Asia.

What is odd is that Edison and Tesla (not American born but lived here for 52 years) aren't on the bills. Two of the most important inventors ever in our country. Heck, Tesla is probably second to only Archimedes as the best engineer of all time.

Absolutely - many people contributed to the culture and progress of society who were not politicians. Estonia has Paul Keres on their currency, and the GBP honors Chuck D

http://en.chessbase.com/post/estonia-celebrates-keres-100th-birthday

turing-one-zero.jpg

When i was a kid, they sold stickers that let you put Santa Claus' face on money, when you were giving the money as a gift. I seem to remember a few stickers after the holiday that had celebrity faces on them...

Maybe we could just print money with blanks? If you want to spend Tubmans, buy Tubman stickers at the post office, or Reagan stickers or Thomas Tank Engine, or Kim Kardashian's Butt, or the Apostle Paul, or Cthulhu, Peter Venkman, Lost In Space Robot, Mr. Spock, Doctor Spock, Miss October....

Back
Top Bottom