• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who Are The Real Child Molesters

These figures bring to light the incongruity of religious individuals casting aspersions on transgender people as pedophiles, as if this disconcerting trait is their exclusive domain.

Which is what this really is about. Christian conservatives have always done their best to confuse homosexuality with pedophilia and bestiality. It's just classic guilt by association.

It can't be stressed enough how sex negative the Bible and Christian teachings are. Obviously Christians are going to have a problem with any groups whose prime motivation for existing is having sex for other reasons than duty.

I just read a Facebook post from an American visitor to Nowhere, the European equivalent of Burning Man. This woman would go to Burning Man every year. But was shocked about the amount of sex people were having openly at Nowhere. This is a hedonistic festival where it's in the rules that you can do what the fuck you want. She went there willingly and spent loads of money to go all the way from USA to get to this festival, but was truamatised by the lack of Christian "moral" values at Nowhere. FYI, she was not a Christian. She was just American. What her post is indicative of is how incredibly warped American moral values are around sex, even by normal people. It has poisoned everything over there. BTW, Nowhere is in Spain. Also a very Christian country. Just Catholic. So less fucked up.

She was simply a case of journeying to Nowhere and getting Nowhere. 🥁

Statistics like this is worthless. It measures the people who got caught. There's no way of knowing what we're actually measuring.
What a curious argument. The statistics represent those who were caught, so it is obvious whst is being measured.

Claiming statistics are worthless because they don’t or cannot measure what one wants is irrational. People use less than perfect data all the time.

Statistics like this is worthless. It measures the people who got caught. There's no way of knowing what we're actually measuring.
What a curious argument. The statistics represent those who were caught, so it is obvious whst is being measured.

Claiming statistics are worthless because they don’t or cannot measure what one wants is irrational. People use less than perfect data all the time.

Alright, what conclusion can we draw from the unknown number who weren't caught?

Not to sound callous but I think child molestation is very easy to get away with. Children are by their very nature not taken seriously. They are treated like... Well... Children. I imagine one would need to be extremely unlucky to get caught at all. Which makes drawing conclusions about it hard. We might as well be measuring the relative stupidy of the dumbest pedophiles. Not exactly a useful metric

Statistics serve as a valuable foundation for informed decision-making, enabling us to strategize improvements based on empirical data. I will strive to stay on track, but it's essential to highlight that crime statistics—such as those that indicate higher per capita crime rates among African Americans compared to Whites—are crucial for identifying issues within specific communities. However, these figures are often misused as tools for promoting prejudice, instead of encouraging a deeper understanding of the underlying causes and identifying viable solutions that enhance the lives of everyone involved.

Misappropriation of statistics is evident when people argue over data accuracy to bolster a biased narrative—for example, asserting that transgender individuals pose the greatest threat to children. This approach not only distorts the real issues at hand but also impedes the pursuit of genuine, effective solutions.

Alright, what conclusion can we draw from the unknown number who weren't caught?
It tells us nothing, just like your response.
The statistics presented give a partial picture of those who are caught.
Bringing what we cannot know might be an interesting theoretical insight but it is useless in real life. The requirement of perfect information is a prescription for knowing and doing nothing,

These figures bring to light the incongruity of religious individuals casting aspersions on transgender people as pedophiles, as if this disconcerting trait is their exclusive domain.
Everyone who isn't a conservative knows who the real child abusers are, though. If you know any fundamentalist Christian family of size, you for sure know a family with an estranged child they never talk about, and it is neither coincidence nor accident but a direct product of their worldview. That's why they're so angry about the concept of "safe spaces", it's their own kids they want to strip any illusion of safety from. Telling a child that they are worthless and evil unless a powerful figure can redeem them through service to him, and that any sexual experiences they have while still children are first and foremost proof of their own wickedness, are both very useful tools in the arsenal of an actual groomer, and key tenets of conservative theology as publically expressed.

While I recognize that you may not intend it, your statement could be construed as biased because it broadens a large and heterogeneous set of individuals—fundamentalist Christian families and conservatives—and attributes certain behaviors and ideologies to the entire group based on the actions of a few. This approach detracts from the more critical point you made about specific incidents within this community, particularly the one concerning:

Telling a child that they are worthless and evil unless a powerful figure can redeem them through service to him, and that any sexual experiences they have while still children are first and foremost proof of their own wickedness, are both very useful tools in the arsenal of an actual groomer, and key tenets of conservative theology as publically expressed.

While I recognize that you may not intend it, your statement could be construed as biased because it broadens a large and heterogeneous set of individuals—fundamentalist Christian families and conservatives—and attributes certain behaviors and ideologies to the entire group based on the actions of a few.
I'm not in a "reasonable" mood today.

A post that lacks both credible sources and significant effort. What a surprise!

The author of this webpage took media reports of child molestation and made a demographic breakdown of who is actually committing child sex crimes. You may find the results surprising or you may be completely unsurprised. The basic breakdown is in this graph but there's much more available data at the site.

View attachment 43718

It's one of those things where the social impacts are what we're really measuring.

Examples are, the less shameful it is to commit suicide the more likely doctors are to label a death as a suicide, rendering the statistic worthless.

Rape measures a willingness of a victim to report rape, more than the actual rape occuring.

We have no idea how common either suicide or rape is in any culture. Because both are so taboo and culturally infected. Child molestation fits into this category as well.
I would think (guess) that a child victim of molestation would more likely report a stranger than an acquaintance, and that the profession of the person would not be particularly relevant to the child in the case of a stranger.... So it would seem that the numbers for Religious, education, and family are stunted by lower reporting, and the rando "drag queen" as a source numbers are closer to being right on. right?
If not, and the rate of reporting is actually consistent, then the story is still that the Church molests children more than anyone.

The real story is the one you won't find on MSNBC: a total of 1.5 million Third World children taken to America by the planning of the Gang of Four (Hillary, Pelosi, Rachel Maddow and Michael Moore) and sold into bondage and sex trade. 3.8 million of these children were channeled into the Dark World at Comet Ping Pong Pizza. Another 6.7 million of them were kept at 1633 Broadway, Fifth Floor (The Clinton Foundation.) A "reserve supply" of 1.4 million are being held at the Eleanor Roosevelt cottage (Val-KILL) at Hyde Park. It all adds up -- doesn't it? Wake up, America.
Source: Bushmaster Bible News
Adrenochrome cocktails for everybody!
Sweet Jesus!! I just googled adrenochrome -- which I'd never heard of -- and up jumped a bunch of Q-Anon/Adrenochrome fantasies. This is much weirder than what I wrote. I sure hope I don't meet up with the people who believe this stuff.

The author of this webpage took media reports of child molestation and made a demographic breakdown of who is actually committing child sex crimes. You may find the results surprising or you may be completely unsurprised. The basic breakdown is in this graph but there's much more available data at the site.

View attachment 43718
Completely unsurprised but counting media reports is a very poor metric so it doesn't mean all that much.

Deliberately misleading graph. Also, what webpage? Where is the link?

Given that transgender people and drag queens constitute a very small fraction of the population, their bars will necessarily be tiny if looking at raw numbers. This is a very common tactic for misleading statistics btw.

What is more relevant are conditional probabilities/frequencies: P(molestation|trans) and P(molestation|drag) as compared with P(molestation|¬trans) and P(molestation|¬drag). Given the very small P(trans) and P(drag), those latter two can be approximated as P(molestation).
You didn't look at the data.

The trans population is higher than the religious employment population.

I'm comfortable comparing among groups here under an assumption that the rate of getting caught isn't substantially different among groups. Heck, given the nature of families and churches to sweep the dirt under the rug I'd be more apt to think that groups other than family and church are over represented.
I wouldn't assume that--but I would think it's the first three categories that are less likely to be caught. They're more in a position of trust and thus in a better position to hide it.

Whoever the real child molesters are, California democrats has their back;

Human trafficking victims reportedly sobbed after watching the California Assembly's Public Safety Committee block a bill that would make the trafficking of children a “serious felony.” All six Democrats and one Republican on the committee voted against it, putting it up for “reconsideration” next year, while two Republicans supported it.
News

I wouldn’t build a model predicting rates from these data. I think they are sufficient for a less powerful hypothesis test for a difference in rates of pedophilic abuse between groups.

Child molestation is a rare crime. Being transgendered is another rare thing. Correlating two rare outliers statistically is a complete waste of time. Even if the numbers correlate, it tells us nothing. And who the fuck cares if they do? What are we supposed to do with that information? There's nothing here we can use to act on, no matter how much we want to protect children. A parent who cares about the safety of their children should perhaps focus on more immediate threats like keeping it away from live wires and traffic.
It tells us something of where we should be looking to reduce the threat. If you don't understand the threat you can't expect to fix it. Especially if you're looking at the drag queens instead of the priests!

And it's not that rare a crime.

Statistics serve as a valuable foundation for informed decision-making, enabling us to strategize improvements based on empirical data. I will strive to stay on track, but it's essential to highlight that crime statistics—such as those that indicate higher per capita crime rates among African Americans compared to Whites—are crucial for identifying issues within specific communities. However, these figures are often misused as tools for promoting prejudice, instead of encouraging a deeper understanding of the underlying causes and identifying viable solutions that enhance the lives of everyone involved.
The problem with crime/race data is that there is a major effort to avoid seeing the elephant in the room--most correlations with race are actually economic in nature. They'll correlate more highly with socioeconomic status and race will turn out to just be a proxy for this.

The left wants to proclaim racial discrimination and thus ignores this. The right wants to proclaim blacks are bad and thus ignores this. Little research actually considers it--and when it's considered the racial pattern tends to drop away.

Back
Top Bottom