• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who did it better?

Linda Ronstadt has a wonderful voice.

Another difficult one for me, Venus;

The Bananarama version musically is a great do over of a classic song. Coupled with the visuals of an excellent video featuring three beautiful sexy women it should be a slam dunk. But the original artists version has that awesome groovy classic 1960s ultra cool vibe about it.

It's a tie!

Speaking of Led Zeppelin, I never really thought it would be possible for a cover version to compete with the original Stairway to Heaven, but Heart's performance of it at the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors gave it a run for its money. I think I still have to give it to LZ though.

American icons, Billy Joel and Barry "The Walrus of Love" White singing Billy Joel's classic "Just The Way You Are";

Hmmm, it's a tie for me.

Iconic Diana Ross v avant-garde Scottish band The Associates sing Love Hangover;

Two very different styles. I could go either way on this one but The Associates version is more upbeat and Billy McKenzie's voice is immense and just pips it for me.

RIP Billy McKenzie and Alan Rankine.

This one depends entirely on my mood. Is it dancing around the kitchen time?

Or sipping whiskey and chilling in the lounge time?

A classic song that was a big hit;

I went for The Communards version rather than Thelma Houston. The Communards brought in Sarah Jane Morris to perform vocals with Jimmy Sommerville.

Love the Disturbed cover. The singer, don't remember his name, was trained from childhood to be a church cantor.

Back
Top Bottom