• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who is Madison Cawthorn?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So the news out of North Carolina was that in a primary, this 24 year old beat the guy Trump was endorsing to run for a US House seat. 24 isn't even old enough to serve as a Representative, but he would be 25 by the time he was sworn in if he wins his district.

It is an interesting story about the 24 year old. He was going to go to the Naval Academy (after being suggested by a local politician Mark Meadows), but was in a bad automobile accident (driver fell asleep) and became partially paralyzed.

He recovered as well as he could and moved on. So I was curious about his college experience, as he has no other experience other than recovering from a terrible accident. And I couldn't find anything about his college experience. What I found was this diddy.
Cawthorn Website said:
Today, Madison is a small businessman. He is the owner and CEO of a real estate investment company.
Excuse me, WHAT?!!?!?! 24 year old... non-college graduate... owns a real estate investment company. How does a kid who didn't graduate college get to own a real estate investment company?

To make matters worse, this kid wants to be the GOP face on health care.
article said:
"I had over $3 million in medical debt as an 18-year-old," he said. "I would like to be the face of the Republican Party when it comes to health care."

Face of health care? What exactly is his solution? Sue automobile insurance companies to pay for health care, because that is what his family did to pay for his catastrophic care? Then they sued again to get the lawyer fees, on top of the $30 mllion they were awarded. That is supposed to be the face of Health Care reform? Fuck you man.

Then there is the imagery, we have Madison Cawthorn, a victim of a terrible car accident... who appears to be running for US House on a platform of making it possible that he can be mistaken to have been a soldier?
Cawthorn Website said:
SEND A FIGHTER TO CONGRESS
That isn't my emphasis. I can't help but notice that they are providing an image of a wounded soldier. This isn't to undermine his recovery from a terrible automobile accident, but the imagery provided implies something else.

You said he was awarded $30mil, that's how he got to own a real estate investment company.
In Russian Parliament age limit is lower, I think there was a 21 year old fucker with no college or anything.

800px-Vasily_Vlasov_10.04.2018.jpg
He is 24 now, but was 21 when he got there.

Russian Mitch McConnell on the left.

Last edited:
If elected, Madison Cawthorn would be one of the youngest ever Congresspeople ever elected. He presses close to the Constitution's age limit. The current youngest member is the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, AOC.  List of youngest members of the United States Congress

In British Commonwealth countries, the youngest member of a legislature is called the  Baby of the House.

He recovered as well as he could and moved on. So I was curious about his college experience, as he has no other experience other than recovering from a terrible accident. And I couldn't find anything about his college experience. What I found was this diddy.
Excuse me, WHAT?!!?!?! 24 year old... non-college graduate... owns a real estate investment company. How does a kid who didn't graduate college get to own a real estate investment company?
Why do you think you need a college degree to invest in real estate?

Then they sued again to get the lawyer fees, on top of the $30 mllion they were awarded.

That explains where he got the money to invest. It also illustrates the insanity of the US tort system.

Why do you think you need a college degree to invest in real estate?

Then they sued again to get the lawyer fees, on top of the $30 mllion they were awarded.

That explains where he got the money to invest. It also illustrates the insanity of the US tort system.

I don't think that the settlement was out of line. What IS out of line is the fact that anybody is ever faced with such catastrophic medical bills which would be ruinous for virtually every single person. After such catastrophic injuries, any settlement could potentially be required to support him for the rest of his life, including what will certainly be some pretty hefty medical bills as time goes on and likely, a much shorter life span. Great he's doing well now. Get back to me in 30 years.

I doubt that I would like his politics at all but there are many ways to fight that do not include being a soldier. The fact that he recovered to the extent he has demonstrates a great deal of personal strength (and excellent medical care and family support) and determination.. The fact that he started and is running an apparently successful business so quickly after this event, even with a nice pot of seed money, tells me he has has a vision and a lot of strength and determination. I think those are requisite for leadership positions. But I doubt I would much like his political positions at all.

At 24, he's been through more than the average 24 year old. He's bright and apparently disciplined and determined enough to secure a position in a military academy and to recover from a catastrophic accident. Lots of people would be content to simply ride on the interest of the settlement. That's genuinely admirable. But he's still very young. That said: I'm glad younger people are stepping up, even if I won't like where they want to take the country.

Cawthorn is back in the news.
article said:
Madison Cawthorn, a Republican candidate for the House from North Carolina, created an attack website accusing a journalist of leaving a job in academia “to work for non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males running for office.”

The article is titled "GOP House Candidate Sounds Racist Dog Whistle in Attack on Journalist"... but that isn't a dog whistle up above... that is flat out bigotry. Dog whistles are "globalism" and "suburbs".

article said:
The attack on Fiedler was reported by The Bulwark, which called it “a despicable smear” echoing racist remarks by President Donald Trump.

By late Thursday, the website’s language accusing Fiedler of seeking to ruin white male candidates had been deleted. It was changed to read that Fiedler had “become a political operative and is an unapologetic defender of left-wing identity politics.”
As a reminder... these attacks aren't against the opponent... but a journalist. This Cawthorn character is absolute piece of shit.

Cawthorn is back in the news.
article said:
Madison Cawthorn, a Republican candidate for the House from North Carolina, created an attack website accusing a journalist of leaving a job in academia “to work for non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males running for office.”

The article is titled "GOP House Candidate Sounds Racist Dog Whistle in Attack on Journalist"... but that isn't a dog whistle up above... that is flat out bigotry. Dog whistles are "globalism" and "suburbs".

article said:
The attack on Fiedler was reported by The Bulwark, which called it “a despicable smear” echoing racist remarks by President Donald Trump.

By late Thursday, the website’s language accusing Fiedler of seeking to ruin white male candidates had been deleted. It was changed to read that Fiedler had “become a political operative and is an unapologetic defender of left-wing identity politics.”
As a reminder... these attacks aren't against the opponent... but a journalist. This Cawthorn character is absolute piece of shit.

Wow. That is deplorable.

And that bigotry was accepted to the Naval Academy. That is equally deplorable.

Back
Top Bottom