• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why are "refugees" still having children?

People who save their contraceptives while their homes and towns are being destroyed are self-righteous American fantasies.

Are you saying that people who flee for lives from violent wars because they are in danger for the lives are somehow stupid?

No, people who have unprotected sex while fleeing for their lives from violent wars are stupid.
Why? Do you know what it is like to live like a refugee? Are refugees somehow less prone to natural human behavior?

Or from soft-headed idiots who support anyone no matter how stupid their decision.
No one has to like anything. It is irrelevant to the issue of what to do. Allowing refugees to enter a country is supporting their decision to leave a violent, unsafe place.
Some of us expect people to take responsibility for their own actions and when they don't, why should we like it?
Rational adults deal with issues and people that they don't like, because "like" has nothing to do with the response. Yes, there are people who don't mind appearing like hypocritical and ignorant asses in order to satisfy their sense of smugness, but fortunately, they are a distinct minority.

Are you saying that people who flee for lives from violent wars because they are in danger for the lives are somehow stupid?

No, people who have unprotected sex while fleeing for their lives from violent wars are stupid.

So they should expect a lot of negative attitudes toward them and their idiocies.
Only from the short-sighted, the hard-hearted and moralizing hypocrites.

Or from soft-headed idiots who support anyone no matter how stupid their decision. Some of us expect people to take responsibility for their own actions and when they don't, why should we like it?

Responsibility is anathema to liberals.

So, reading through these posts I figured out that Derec is not particularly concerned about the health or economic status of the refugees or their children, he just has a problem with Muslims procreating in general, and in Europe, in particular. His message is clear, more Muslim babies are a problem, especially if they are born in Europe. One way to solve the problem would be for Derec to procreate prolifically to balance out the excessive Muslim babies, but alas, that plan is not going too well right now.

Why? Do you know what it is like to live like a refugee? Are refugees somehow less prone to natural human behavior?

If you believe stupidity is natural human behavior, I guess not.

Or from soft-headed idiots who support anyone no matter how stupid their decision.
No one has to like anything. It is irrelevant to the issue of what to do. Allowing refugees to enter a country is supporting their decision to leave a violent, unsafe place.

I didn't say otherwise. I just said they're morons and they can expect to be treated like the morons they are.

Some of us expect people to take responsibility for their own actions and when they don't, why should we like it?
Rational adults deal with issues

Well according to many posters here, rational adults have children when they can't feed them, house them or clothe them and when they're on the run.

I guess you call that 'rational'. I don't.

and people that they don't like, because "like" has nothing to do with the response. Yes, there are people who don't mind appearing like hypocritical and ignorant asses in order to satisfy their sense of smugness, but fortunately, they are a distinct minority.

I agree, some folks like to appear so self-righteous that any attempt to hold people responsible for their actions they want to turn into a vice.

since this thread is full of idiocy in the postings and humor in the videos, i'm contributing what i've had stuck in my head because of this thread, without bothering to quote whoever it was that said a thing that made me think of it.
fuck it, i wanna contribute too or something!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DlyIOrE3J4[/YOUTUBE]

Anne Frank was born during the worst depression in history in a time when people were crazy. One could predict the outcome of her life with some accuracy. Tragic. However, her parents were right that she should be born. And the world is better off for her being alive.

Is it? Sad to say, if Anne Frank hadn't died would her writings be as touted as they are now? I remember reading her diary in school. I remember being greatly underwhelmed. I couldn't believe that they were so lionized. I finally concluded that it was because she died young in a camp that made her writing poignant. Not that her writing itself was anything remarkable.

Lot of people wrote sad things and died in the war. I'm sure if Anne Frank's parents had decided to hold off on reproducing, we'd all be lionizing someone else's writings right now.

Really?

I didn't say otherwise. I just said they're morons and they can expect to be treated like the morons they are.
Exactly how does one treat refugees trying to live somewhere safe who are "morons"?

Well according to many posters here, rational adults have children when they can't feed them, house them or clothe them and when they're on the run.

I call it being human. But stupid people can be rational. And rational people can be stupid. So what?

I agree, some folks like to appear so self-righteous that any attempt to hold people responsible for their actions they want to turn into a vice.
Outside of name-calling the refugees morons while they await to find some place safe to live, how are these refugees supposed to held responsible for their actions?

Really?

Really.

Exactly how does one treat refugees trying to live somewhere safe who are "morons"?

Not 'refugees'. Refugees who decide irresponsibly to have children. So you treat those with contempt. As you would to any irresponsible adult whose actions were selfish and self-serving and inconsiderate.

I call it being human. But stupid people can be rational. And rational people can be stupid. So what?

Perhaps they should try harder not to be stupid. It doesn't take much effort. Really.

Outside of name-calling the refugees morons while they await to find some place safe to live, how are these refugees supposed to held responsible for their actions?

By treating refugees who have children irresponsibily with the contempt such selfish stupidity deserves. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. Or probably not as so many bleeding hearts will feel sorry for their idiocies.

So, reading through these posts I figured out that Derec is not particularly concerned about the health or economic status of the refugees or their children, he just has a problem with Muslims procreating in general, and in Europe, in particular. His message is clear, more Muslim babies are a problem, especially if they are born in Europe.
Those things are not mutually exclusive.
The refugees would have an easier time without small children in tow.
Countries like Syria would be less likely to descend into war if not for them having too many children (human fertility is "calibrated" by evolution to a level based on paleolithic mortality figures).
And the danger of islamization of Europe is real as well.

Cheap shot on my own procreative abilities though.

Some might say that it's more rational to have children in a relatively safe refugee camp than in the middle of a warzone and with ISIS nearby.
Then they should have gone to that refugee camp rather than illegally camping out on some poor farmer's land just because the encampment is close to the border and they want to cross it illegally.
56ffe083c4618895448b4595.jpg

More hysterical crapola. The refugees are leaving their homes because of war. They want a safe and stable place to live where they have a chance of living a decent life.
Some are. Others are from places like Pakistan and just want more economic prosperity.

The EU is not responsible for the plight of refugees, regardless of whether the refugees have children or not. I realize that this may be difficult for people who think like you to comprehend, but humane people should feel sympathy for anyone in this situation, and try to help them reach their reasonable goals.
I think refugees should be protected. That doesn't mean that they all should be allowed to immigrate into EU regardless of their numbers, EU's immigration needs or the migrants' willingness to respect and adopt the host countries laws and values (unlike those Muslim boys who refused to shake their teacher's hand).
In the end, countries in Syria's region should take on bulk of the refugees. But most of them want to go to Germany because Germany is more prosperous. At that point, when they leave a safe country and go elsewhere, they are no longer really refugees.

I think you proved my observation.

Not 'refugees'. Refugees who decide irresponsibly to have children. So you treat those with contempt. As you would to any irresponsible adult whose actions were selfish and self-serving and inconsiderate.
What does that mean in actual practice - you sneer at them when they receive their ration of food?

Perhaps they should try harder not to be stupid. It doesn't take much effort. Really.
It clearly takes more effort than you think.

By treating refugees who have children irresponsibily with the contempt such selfish stupidity deserves. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. Or probably not as so many bleeding hearts will feel sorry for their idiocies.
So sneering at them and being snotty to them by people like you is going to teach them the lesson that they are selfish and stupid? If they really are that selfish and stupid, it is much more likely they will learn an unintended but nonetheless valuable lesson about people like you.

Some are. Others are from places like Pakistan and just want more economic prosperity.
Maybe some, but that is not what is causing this flood of refugees.

I think refugees should be protected. That doesn't mean that they all should be allowed to immigrate into EU regardless of their numbers, EU's immigration needs or the migrants' willingness to respect and adopt the host countries laws and values (unlike those Muslim boys who refused to shake their teacher's hand).
Since not all are allowed to immigrate, what is your point?
In the end, countries in Syria's region should take on bulk of the refugees. But most of them want to go to Germany because Germany is more prosperous. At that point, when they leave a safe country and go elsewhere, they are no longer really refugees.
Anyone familiar with the region knows Europe is much safer than any other country in that area. Technically, a refugee is someone fleeing from his or her home to escape persecution, war, etc... A refugee is a refugee until they are settled in a new home. So these people are refugees.

Anne Frank was born during the worst depression in history in a time when people were crazy. One could predict the outcome of her life with some accuracy. Tragic. However, her parents were right that she should be born. And the world is better off for her being alive.

Is it? Sad to say, if Anne Frank hadn't died would her writings be as touted as they are now? I remember reading her diary in school. I remember being greatly underwhelmed. I couldn't believe that they were so lionized. I finally concluded that it was because she died young in a camp that made her writing poignant. Not that her writing itself was anything remarkable.

Lot of people wrote sad things and died in the war. I'm sure if Anne Frank's parents had decided to hold off on reproducing, we'd all be lionizing someone else's writings right now.

Her writings were good which is why her diaries eventually sold as a book. They were simple but amplified against the actual backdrop of what was happening. Of course it was mainly her thoughts and little 'action.' Hence this could have been the appeal.

Back
Top Bottom