• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why do Christians outnumber atheists?

But FYI, some of the Christians at CARM told me that they were mistreated here at IIDB because they expressed their beliefs here.
Do you have any idea how much crap I've dealt with here on IIDB?

I'm nothing like a wokester, I'm more a prolifer. And I'm very opinionated and articulate, about the only reason I come here is to disagree about stuff.

If I couldn't survive the "mistreatment" of IIDB, and live to bitch about, I wouldn't have survived my Catholic family and southern Indiana into my 60s. But I have.

I've been a member of forums like CARM before, several times. Many.

I've also been "persecuted" on atheist forums.
Oh well.

I know what Christians generally mean by "I'm being mistreated". It means "People don't accept my authority to speak for the prophet I believe speaks for God".

Been there, done that. Both on the internet and in real life.

A big thing that pegs you as a Christian, IMHO, is that you consider disagreements with your vague assertions as "mistreatment". Then you get mean and sarcastic and act surprised when people return that.
Tom

A big thing that pegs you as a Christian...
You think I'm a Christian? If I was a Christian, then I wonder what's wrong with that.
...IMHO, is that you consider disagreements with your vague assertions as "mistreatment".
[removed] .
Then you get mean and sarcastic and act surprised when people return that.
Tom
We all know that that's not true. I've documented the truth many times. I've gone through the same thing in Christian forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was a Christian, then I wonder what's wrong with that.
Well, Christianity is obviously nonsense, and living your life in thrall to obvious nonsense is stupid, and most people consider it to be wrong to deliberately embrace stupidity.

So that's what's wrong with that.

If I was a Christian, then I wonder what's wrong with that
Nothing at all.
Some of the best, most moral, people I've ever known were devout Christians.
You think I'm a Christian?
Yes.
I also think Trump is a Christian.
It's not a particularly good thing.

Christians often feel entitled to be dishonest, judgemental, and self righteous.
But yes, I do think you're a Christian.
Tom

A big thing that pegs you as a Christian...
You think I'm a Christian? If I was a Christian, then I wonder what's wrong with that.
You argue like one, or at least a sub-type of one.
Then you get mean and sarcastic and act surprised when people return that.
Tom
We all know that that's not true. I've documented the truth many times. I've gone through the same thing in Christian forums.
You get mean, sarcastic, and surprised in Christian forums too? Not exactly a surprise there.

I don't know, man. I think he might not be Christian. He has a Christ complex, but his recent barrage of pictures with captions is one step away from calling people poopyheads. Not even Christians do that, at least not the adult ones. I'm just going to throw my hands up in the air and blame Debbie. She's the one who lets him get away with posting on the Internet during work hours.

religious-knowledge-07.png

I don't know, man. I think he might not be Christian. He has a Christ complex, but his recent barrage of pictures with captions is one step away from calling people poopyheads. Not even Christians do that, at least not the adult ones. I'm just going to throw my hands up in the air and blame Debbie. She's the one who lets him get away with posting on the Internet during work hours.
Ugh--is this supposed to be funny or just stupid?

Attachments

• Dons Lame Jokes.png
    Dons Lame Jokes.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 5
Ugh--is this supposed to be funny or just stupid?

You just proved it.

Back
Top Bottom