• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why is There a Housing Crisis?

Housing crisis continued...

Arizona is joining California in the world of class disparity in large part, driven by the two housing booms caused by low interest rates. Too many working people can't afford to live in housing.

FFS! Why do you post on a web board if you don't listen to anyone else that posts there? The Fed was put into place because there WAS a problem. The great depression was made worse due to isolationist tactics that the world didn't employ in 2008, which prevented a second Great Depression. The Fed is like the UN. It isn't there to solve every economic problem. It is trying to reduce the severity of them. And it's done a pretty good job.

But I look forward to your post in another month saying the Fed was created to fix a non-existent problem.
Your own words Jimmy.

Taxation is a form of central management.
But it is democratic. We elect the people who raise our taxes.

The fed can do anything it wants at any time and I do not even get to vote for them.
Your cult leader doesn't like the Fed because they won't turn up the fire before an election. Give "democratic" control and you'll get an inflation spike after every election. We need people at the helm who look to the long term, not just the next election. Compare Warren Buffet to Wall Street to see the difference.
Who is my cult leader? Trump or Ron Paul? Trump has never advocated getting rid of the fed that is what Ron Paul wants.

But more importantly, I can agree with Ron Paul without becoming in a cult. We just don't want a fed in the first place because we know there wasn't one before 1913. It was a bad solution to a non problem at that time that did no good at all stopping the great depression. So without having a fed in the first place your arguing we want it to be "democratically controlled" makes no sense at all.
It’s hard to understand why you think the establishment of the Fed was a ‘bad solution to a non-problem’ and because it didn’t exist prior to 1913. You are using the internet, after all. And I’m almost certain you did not exist prior to 1913. Nor did Rand Paul and in his case, I will say that his existence did nothing to improve political discourse or his home state or the world at large and too bad he managed to beget a child.

Taxation is a form of central management.
But it is democratic. We elect the people who raise our taxes.

The fed can do anything it wants at any time and I do not even get to vote for them.
Your cult leader doesn't like the Fed because they won't turn up the fire before an election. Give "democratic" control and you'll get an inflation spike after every election. We need people at the helm who look to the long term, not just the next election. Compare Warren Buffet to Wall Street to see the difference.
Who is my cult leader? Trump or Ron Paul? Trump has never advocated getting rid of the fed that is what Ron Paul wants.

But more importantly, I can agree with Ron Paul without becoming in a cult. We just don't want a fed in the first place because we know there wasn't one before 1913. It was a bad solution to a non problem at that time that did no good at all stopping the great depression. So without having a fed in the first place your arguing we want it to be "democratically controlled" makes no sense at all.
I said cult because you're arguing many things that are far from reality.

Back
Top Bottom