• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why should I care about Christmas

another1

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Christian
God never told me to care about Christmas. God never told anyone to celebrate Christ's birth. If I were to celebrate Christ's birth, wouldn't I do it sometime in October? Why not Halloween? Why not switch the Holidays? They both come from some convoluted pagan nonsense anyway.

Pine trees are notorious for mushrooms. Amantia mushrooms, which coincidentally look like wrapping paper. Oh, and they appear magically over night. So in that sense, the altar in everyone's living room makes perfect sense, if you're in a dirty mushroom cult. Look at your tree. Trippy, huh.

I think maybe my Holiday traditions are all somehow coming from mushrooms. There is enough written about that to partly explain. How we got santa and the Easter bunny is a trippy one to ponder for yourself though. What the hell is wrong with people? Pretty strange stuff to automatically accept. Slaphappy kids are more than happy to believe in any supernatural creature that gives gifts. But aren't people spose to grow up?

So why the hell should I give a f..k about Christmas? I meditate on God all year. Every second of the day. I love, and try to visit with family ALL YEAR. Every chance I get. Why is one day more important than any other? It is kind of suspicious if you ask me.

If we really want to get in touch with Christmas and what it means, we should take a massive amount of hallucinogens every 25th of December. And Halloween of course. The only thing holding us back is family. They all want to visit and make up for being no-shows all year, by giving us things. Most wouldn't understand our behavior while we are tripping, so we can't go full-on Brian Jones while the festivities and visitations occur. They would find our tripping tradition bizarre. But look at THEIR tradition? THEIR ritual is beyond bizarre. The only thing more bizarre is how widely accepted that nonsense is.

Sure, I'll take some free stuff. Here, have a shitty painting. I made it just for you! Now please let me know when you plan to leave, because I'll be ingesting hallucinogens as I pat you out the door.

Tripping is the only reason for the season. And money. Lots and lots of money. God has nothing to do with it. As someone who respects the notion of God, I find it really sad to associate God with any of this.

So tell me why I should be celebrating? Trust that I will be higher than groceries very soon, and unable to see two feet past my hand... but tell me WHY? Why is it even necessary to trip on this day? Why is it necessary to do anything at all? Just another day. A stupid one, with stupid jungles that seriously make me physically SICK to hear. Christmas carols will drive you nuts if you genuinely hate Christmas. You may already know what I'm sayin.

Well, you shouldn't be celebrating because a magic spaceman had himself cloned as a human. That would be turdy.

But the sun is on its way back toward those of us in these northern temperate latitudes, something that didn't escape the attention of your ancestors. That means warm days and green grass and that maybe they did save a couple of those amanita caps for a lick or two just to mark the occasion. They'd have known that amanitas don't grow this time of year but will be popping up again sooner than later. Maybe they even passed around the sacred cap and everyone gave it a slurp.

And yes, not amanitas, rather the real deal.

I'm making some sourdough olive bread and butternut squash soup to share with friends and family. Last evening was spent with folks who mostly talked about the baby spaceman, but the food and the beer more than made up for it.

The house is smelling pretty good right now because the olive bread is baking after 12 hours of rising. And the smell of roasting squash will soon follow. You can't beat that in the midst of winter to celebrate with your ancestors. I really love those superstitious fucks so I'll raise a beer to them today. Some of them celebrated this time as the beginning of winter, the last season of the year. The word comes to us from what they called "wet" or "white," or so goes our best guess. But they knew their astronomical shit.

The name of the holiday is a bit oppressive, however the original concept is a good one (that of celebration the coming growing season/ new year)

I don't take offence to people saying Merry Christmas, but I don't go around declaring that myself. I say Happy holidays and to those who are offended by that ( and there are) - too bad, I can't help you.

There's nothing wrong with a little ritual in ones life, as long as it's for good

Food, family and friends. Happy Festivus!

But the sun is on its way back toward those of us in these northern temperate latitudes, something that didn't escape the attention of your ancestors.

My understanding is that humans were forced to eat of the mushrooms because of the creeping ice age. Once relocated, they had a crazy religions and strange notions of ownership which were't known before the 300 year mushroom fest.

They'd have known that amanitas don't grow this time of year but will be popping up again sooner than later. Maybe they even passed around the sacred cap and everyone gave it a slurp.

Yeah and so started the rituals and renewal festivals, or whetaver they did back then. Supposedly the Pope's hat is shaped the way it is because mushroom.

And yes, not amanitas, rather the real deal.

I don't dig Amantia quite as much as the real deal cow poop shrooms. Makes me wonder why so much cow worship went on. Why did they REALLY like those darn cows so much lol

sourdough olive bread and butternut squash

Wh0at it's all about

I'll go away with the drugspeak after I tell you this idea. What if mushrooms were created to destroy us. What IF the spores didn't accidentally crash into our planet? What if they are engineered to guide our mental evolution and bring us to the brink of insanity at the same time we discover how to create mushroom clouds? The culprits could be resting in a pocket of space that makes their attack ten minutes ago, fo them. For us at has been thousands years. Maybe they're just waiting. That is what I take away from the reading I used to do. They're evil little things. Weapons. Our species ate too many, in too short a time - due to starvation. Humanity may have been better off hadn't the spores reached our planet. Oh so much more on that but it could get stupid and I don't have stuff to back it up, other than common sense, which is sort of an opinion anymore.

There's nothing wrong with a little ritual in on
es life, as long as it's for good

That's what I'm sayin. I do wish there was less materialism involved in these ritual but hey I'll take what I can get.

I know a few people who have consumed a very large amount of magic mushrooms. None of them came out of the experience with any kind of religious or philosophical ideas.

I can't think of any I've had lately. Not in the form of ideas anyway. Feelings yes but what are those

Finally, Christmas music is gone for another year. No more Michael Jackson shrieking "Santa Claus is coming to town" over the PA speakers at the local grocery store. I hate that song.

Or the Spanish language version of Little Drummer Boy....YEEESH!!! And what's the one from Streisand's Christmas album that's done superfast??? Can't remember but it's a major offender.

No more Salvation Army bell ringer for a year. I was getting tired of having to wish them a Happy Festivus or Merry Christmyth.

There's nothing wrong with a little ritual in ones life, as long as it's for good

Meh. The whole point of rituals is so you can attack anyone who doesn't submit. :p

Back
Top Bottom