• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why the Russia Story Is a Minefield for Democrats and the Media

Yes, russians had a referendum and voted for the corrupted system,

No, you voted for a system which you then allowed to become corrupted because you didn't include any of the necessary checks and balances which that system requires to not become corrupted. Then you dumped it for a new system which is even more corrupt than the corrupted system you voted for.
Actually, it was more corrupt before Putin. Currently they are at least trying to limit corruption to the very top that is themselves :)
In any case many Eastern Europe countries have the same or higher level of corruption - Ukraine, Romania,Albania, Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova.
People are going to abuse the power you give them. If you don't include constraints against these abuses in power when you give it to them, the system you use to give them power is an irrelevant factor in the inevitable corruption which will result from it.
I can't disagree, but is/was US that clean? especially in the past

Opoponax, nobody is talking about helping economically. I am talking about US helping by not "not helping" by actually stopping Cold War.

What is America supposed to be to Russia, it's benevolent daddy? Is that how Russians see their nation? As a gigantic titty baby that needs America's great teats to nurture it into a full grown nation?

And America did stop the Cold War. Wanna know how? BY WINNING IT.
I think US foreign policies critters are not happy about the way they "won" Cold War. They expected more, something like Russia giving up nukes and becoming like the rest of Eastern Europe. America. That did not happen and they went back to it.
What America should do is to accept the fact Russia will stay military power, stop treating it as if it is the problem which needs solution.

Yes, russians had a referendum and voted for the corrupted system,

No, you voted for a system which you then allowed to become corrupted because you didn't include any of the necessary checks and balances which that system requires to not become corrupted. Then you dumped it for a new system which is even more corrupt than the corrupted system you voted for.

People are going to abuse the power you give them. If you don't include constraints against these abuses in power when you give it to them, the system you use to give them power is an irrelevant factor in the inevitable corruption which will result from it.

As I said before I appreciate the system of checks and balances, it works OK for american people (for whites certainly), human rights and stuff. But it does not seem to be working for people in other countries with respect to american foreign policy abuses, it simply does not prevent them.

As I said before I appreciate the system of checks and balances, it works OK for american people (for whites certainly), human rights and stuff. But it does not seem to be working for people in other countries with respect to american foreign policy abuses, it simply does not prevent them.

Well said

Back
Top Bottom