• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why YEC can seem plausible

What is the evidence that Chinese descended from Ham? What makes you think this?

The historical record as presented in the bible.

And please ignore my ignorance, but why should we trust the historical record in the bible?

I guess it's optional.
Take it or leave it. It's up to you.
Chinese ppl, like everyone else, are descendants of someone. The bible presents a (sketchy) historical claim as to the identity of that person. Ham. Sound familiar? Han?

And please ignore my ignorance, but why should we trust the historical record in the bible?

I guess it's optional.
Chinese ppl, like everyone else, are descendants of someone. The bible presents a (sketchy) historical claim as to the identity of that person. Ham. Sound familiar? Han?

IMG_6028.JPG

Genesis 9:19 “These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.”

Three mitochondrial DNA lineages.

cacdc09d-5e4b-4002-8fec-2f9f90d99508.jpg

Genesis 9:19 “These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.”

View attachment 34269

So, just checking here, but…

You’ve shown a map of the matrilineal mitichondrial lineages, and instead of saying, “and from these THREE WOMEN, the whole earth was populated,” you say “from these sons of the guy whose mtDNA is not in a single, solitary human being anywhere! the whole earth was populated.”

Moreover, you’ve shown the three women as if their lineages converge at their father-in-law, when they did no such thing, not even in your story. That’s not, of course, how mtDNA works. At all.

Is that what you’re saying? Do you feel that makes you grasp of science… questionable?
That it makes you look as if you’re just making shit up? (And so are the people you use as references)

View attachment 34269

I guess it is fun taking a snippet of science and shoe horning into your dogma... Those 3 circles don't mean what you imply... But since you are citing such a reference of mtDNA analysis, here's a cool map showing the best estimate of human migrations over the last 140,000 years based on the science you abuse:

MigrationAnatomicallyModHumans1.jpg

Ref to map and a snippet: http://www.transpacificproject.com/index.php/genetic-research/
Contemporary DNA studies indicate that all modern humans share a common female ancestor who lived in Africa about 140,000 years ago, and all men share a common male ancestor who lived in Africa about 60,000 years ago. These were not the only humans who lived in these periods, and as a result the human genome still contains many genetic traits of their contemporaries

How is it abusing science to refer to three mitochondrial DNA lineages L1 L2 L3 and speculate that this matches Ham, Shem and Japheth? (Noah's wife isn't recorded as having any other children after the Flood)

How is it abusing science to refer to three mitochondrial DNA lineages L1 L2 L3 and speculate that this matches Ham, Shem and Japheth? (Noah's wife isn't recorded as having any other children after the Flood)

It’s going to be tough to pretend yoou don’t know why while you choose to ignore posts of people that you’ve decided you don’t like.

The answer is right there, but you’ve decided to divorce yourself from the facts if they are brought by me or bilby or any of the oothers who have posted.
Since everyone else is not ignoring us, they are looking at the answers you claim you don’t know and wondering, “can he not read?”

Also, it is laughable that your chart shows humanity going FROM to the middle east TO Africa.

That is not science.

Because those three individuals are men, and so none of them could have passed on any mtDNA to anyone, even if they had existed.

I am increasingly convinced that you are deliberately trying to make belief in the Noah story seem idiotic. Certainly you're doing as good a job of that as anyone else in this thread.

I've always wondered how the Chinese survived the flood? It's hard to understand how they didn't even notice despite the fact that they existed a group far earlier than flood. Dang they are clever!

The Chinese are descendants of Ham...Canaan/Heth...Sin
Sin/Sinites = Sinim = China
Heth/Hittites = Khittae = Cathay

Ham's descendants truly have served humankind well in many ways. They led the way in agriculture, farming, cultivation, technology, printing, building, textiles, primitive medicine, astronomy...

So that's why the Chinese of all people, seperated far away from the middle-east, had Genesis, a mono-theistic God in their classics too? Long before confucious? Well arighty then. More 'spanner in the works' it seems for some old notions.

Ancient Chinese Worship ShangDi of the Bible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyVAE_JYFQ

Last edited:

Because those three individuals are men, and so none of them could have passed on any mtDNA to anyone, even if they had existed.

I'm sorry, I don't know their wive's names.
I take you accept that mitochondrial DNA can't get passed on by Ham's wife unless she first gets pregnant.
And I assume you accept that generally involves someone of the opposite sex.
So pardon me for my unwoke heterosexist view of how we all got here.

It’s going to be tough to pretend yoou don’t know why while you choose to ignore posts of people that you’ve decided you don’t like.

I dont pretend anything.
And I dont ignore anyone's posts.

Also, it is laughable that your chart shows humanity going FROM to the middle east TO Africa.

WTAF?
L1, L2 and L3 are African haplogroups.

I guess it's optional.

What would make anyone dispute the authority of a book with a talking snake, a talking ass, and lambs getting stripes and spots bred into them through the positioning of magic sticks?

I guess it's optional.

What would make anyone dispute the authority of a book with a talking snake, a talking ass, and lambs getting stripes and spots bred into them through the positioning of magic sticks?

It would probably come from those bipedals who discriminate against creatures simply because they don't walk on two legs. After all these same bipedals would obviously believe the science that humans are great apes, - thats talking apes to be precise.

Anyway.., birds that can mimic chainsaws and car alarms? :glare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjAcyTXRunY

It would probably come from those bipedals who discriminate against creatures simply because they don't walk on two legs. After all these same bipedals would obviously believe the science that humans are great apes, - thats talking apes to be precise.

Anyway.., birds that can mimic chainsaws and car alarms? What magic is this? :glare:

Honestly, your posts are like watching a drowning man grasp on to a wine bottle cork and say "I'm okay, really". . . .

Anyway.., birds that can mimic chainsaws and car alarms? What magic is this? :glare:

Honestly, your posts are like watching a drowning man grasp on to a wine bottle cork and say "I'm okay, really". . . .

I certainly don't feel it as that.

As it seems you weren't aware. I was just posting in a like-wise manner.

In a 'Ask a silly question get a silly answer' context.

Just bantor.

I guess it's optional.

Gosh. The evidence for believing in the bible is so weak. Do you ever wonder why if the god of the bible was true, why is proof of himself and the bible is so vague and weak? There's nothing in the bible that is impressive or special. I was taught that Jews and then Christians were the first to embrace one god (this is false). Then I was taught that the Jesus was the first to teach turn the other cheek, again false. There is no scientific evidence for the bible. How hard would it have been for god to tell his scribes that that value of pie was actually closer to 3.14 rather than the commonly held value of 3? Surly god could have predicted the rise of skepticism? And yet he didn't arm his followers with anything special in the bible. He appeared to a tiny group of people well before recorders, iphones, video cameras and even the printing press?!! What's stopping him from appearing now?

I'm sorry, I don't know their wive's names.

I had been thinking about that graph of a mother-to-daughter lineage, with its title, “These were the sons of Noah and through them the world was populated” and I was thinking, I don’t think there is a better example of the meritless and abusive Christian patriarchy than this….

And then you came in with “I don’t know the wives names.”

Seriously.
You and your source are crowing about the incredible three lines of mtDNA (which, they draw, and you repeat, as all coming from one point, mangling the science,) and you don’t even know their fucking names.. Because until mtDNA was discovered by humans, you never had any idea that women had any worth in the first place and the (in your story) mothers of all humanity don’t even deserve any names.

Is there really ANY better example of the meritless and abusive patriarchy of Christianity?

I am genuinely curious if it makes you feel any shame or embarassment about your religion that no one in your religion cared enough about these three women - who, you claim - gave birth to all of humanity (replacing the mtDNA that Noah and his sons had, with their own in all subsequent humanity) to even remember their names?

I feel that this says a lot about the toxic disregard for women that has endured throughout the writing of the bible, it’s selection of books as canon and the behavior of the Temple, Church and Mosque since its inception.

You are crowing about their contribution of mtDNA to the world, and instead of caring about them at all, even by referring to them as “the wives,” you name the men who had not one atom to contribute to the entire chart you show.

I take you accept that mitochondrial DNA can't get passed on by Ham's wife unless she first gets pregnant.

I see that you still “accept” that he’s the important one here.
It could have been any man. She’s the one with the mtDNA. You don’t even know if she was pregnant, by another man, prior to the flood, or if she lay with a brother, or even the drunken Noah.

And I assume you accept that generally involves someone of the opposite sex.
So pardon me for my unwoke heterosexist view of how we all got here.

It sounds like you are asking us to pardon you for continuing to consider him the important one to talk about in your story of mtDNA being the evidence for your flood story.

Nope. No pardon if you choose to continue to consider men the center of a story about mtDNA.

I will pardon your error if you fix it. But right now you have an F, and I’m not changing it to a passing C if you won’t even change your wrong answer. You still have an F. And I predict you will continue to use this graph in your life, never accepting any science that you have learned. That your title will still continue to reference Noah (that drunken bastard) instead of the three heroic women.

And all of that is before expecting you to understand the science flaws of your post including, but not limited to:
  1. There is no way mtDNA can diverge as much as it has in 6000 years. No. Way.
  2. There is no way this event that happened in the middle east spawned a branch into Africa. See funinspace’s chart that matches fossil evidence.
  3. There is no way those three women all had the same mtDNA unless there was an earlier bottleneck
  4. There is no way that three women could populate the earth without severe recessive allele damage

Your source, and you, are misusing this chart and making major embarassing errors in what it means and doesn’t mean. The chart itself makes major errors in what the science does and doesn’t mean. And the vile disregard for women is a putrid sauce over the whole.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6509680

It’s audio, but here’s the transcript. Here’s the gist: humanity has done this experiment. And with a lot more than 3 mothers.
IT IS A DISASTER.

Deep in the northern Syrian countryside lies a tiny village with a very big problem. For more than 100 years, it has been common practice for the village of Kesten's 5,000 inhabitants to intermarry.

The tradition of marriage between first cousins in the Arab world is a way to keep property and businesses in the family. But it also keeps family in the family, and now up to 800 children in this impoverished village are living with extreme genetic defects.

One schoolteacher in Kesten is taking the unprecedented step of asking the outside world for help.

I've always wondered how the Chinese survived the flood? It's hard to understand how they didn't even notice despite the fact that they existed a group far earlier than flood. Dang they are clever!

The Chinese are descendants of Ham...Canaan/Heth...Sin
Sin/Sinites = Sinim = China
Heth/Hittites = Khittae = Cathay

Ham's descendants truly have served humankind well in many ways. They led the way in agriculture, farming, cultivation, technology, printing, building, textiles, primitive medicine, astronomy...

So that's why the Chinese of all people, seperated far away from the middle-east, had Genesis, a mono-theistic God in their classics too? Long before confucious? Well arighty then. More 'spanner in the works' it seems for some old notions.

Ancient Chinese Worship ShangDi of the Bible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyVAE_JYFQ
Except for the reality that it is not generally understood that ShangDi was a monotheistic theology.

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Shangdi
hangdi (上帝, pinyin: Shàngdì, Wade-Giles Shang Ti), or simply Di (帝), is the High God (or Clan Ancestor) postulated in the earliest-known religious system of the Han Chinese people. The term can literally be translated as "Emperor (or Sovereign) Above," "Lord On High," "Highest Lord," "the Supreme God," or "Celestial Lord." While such terminology implies parallels with the divinities of the world's monotheistic traditions, two important differences must be acknowledged: first, while Shangdi was understood as a patriarchal ruler deity, this conception was not conflated with a role in the cosmogony; second, He was seen as one deity (ancestor) among many.

And just when do you think Han's life happened that his decedents could have populated China? And how much geology (tree rings, ocean reef history, ice rings/layers) are you ignoring to create such a timeline?

With such hand waving conjecture, I'd could easily say Ra under Pharaoh Akhenaten provided the monotheistic construct from which the archaic Hebrews morphed their tribal Yahweh god, into their monotheistic god....at least the timing for this actually works pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom