• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why?

My sister-in-law owns a Tesla and she has seen the people blocking the charging stations but until I asked just now said that she put it down to stupidity or poor manners. I think that she is right notwithstanding the attitudes in the article.

And yes, my sister-in-law and my brother are Seattle liberal elites. I struggled to not add the adjective insufferable to the description. They are liberals who belong to the Columbia Tower Club in Seattle.

That may apply to some instances, but when the stations are not even convenient parking spaces and there are plenty of open ones, then mere stupidity or poor manners make no sense as explanations. And if the vehicles doing it are not a random sample but disproportionately gas guzzling trucks, then some other more nefarious ideological motives are clearly behind it.

The building that houses the Columbia Tower Club has charging stations for Teslas. I suspect that you are correct that stupidity and bad manners don't explain all of the problems but it probably explains them in the Columbia Tower, which are the ones she is seeing.

Charging spots are rarely the more convenient spots, as can be seen in most of the pics related to the story where there are empty spots as or closer to the business.

Such as these 3 pickups who "coincidentally" chose to park on the outer edge of a lot all next to each other with empty spots nearby.

Assholes everywhere. What you gonna do ? .

How about not spending 5 posts downplaying it, making false equivalencies to other acts, and manufacturing bullshit excuses for it (e.g., just parking in a convenient spot), and then pretending that you only put in the effort to do this because you somehow don't have the energy to put in the lesser effort it would take to just acknowledge the severe level of hateful asshole looking to harm others for fun that these acts represent.

No pretending on my part. Enjoy the rest of your day.

My sister-in-law owns a Tesla and she has seen the people blocking the charging stations but until I asked just now said that she put it down to stupidity or poor manners. I think that she is right notwithstanding the attitudes in the article.

And yes, my sister-in-law and my brother are Seattle liberal elites. I struggled to not add the adjective insufferable to the description. They are liberals who belong to the Columbia Tower Club in Seattle.

That may apply to some instances, but when the stations are not even convenient parking spaces and there are plenty of open ones, then mere stupidity or poor manners make no sense as explanations. And if the vehicles doing it are not a random sample but disproportionately gas guzzling trucks, then some other more nefarious ideological motives are clearly behind it.

The building that houses the Columbia Tower Club has charging stations for Teslas. I suspect that you are correct that stupidity and bad manners don't explain all of the problems but it probably explains them in the Columbia Tower, which are the ones she is seeing.
I will say, it is tough to drive pass the charging spots in a nearly full capacity parking garage. But you still should drive pass and look for an appropriate spot.

Back
Top Bottom