• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why?

Seems pretty dumb to me. Bunch of assholes, really. But then again, from what people here tell me, protests are a First Amendment right, and they are by design, supposed to inconvenience and disrupt you. Otherwise, how can change happen? Me personally, I'd prefer the truckers just peacefully walk in circles carrying signs, out of the way of everyone, but that wouldn't be effective from what I hear.

Seems pretty dumb to me. Bunch of assholes, really. But then again, from what people here tell me, protests are a First Amendment right, and they are by design, supposed to inconvenience and disrupt you. Otherwise, how can change happen? Me personally, I'd prefer the truckers just peacefully walk in circles carrying signs, out of the way of everyone, but that wouldn't be effective from what I hear.

So Woke! You have learned well, Grasshopper. :huggs:

Since the article says such behavior is illegal in AZ, enforce the law to it's fullest extent.

These "protesters" can be ordered to leave and arrested for trespassing, if they refuse. Nobody is violating their rights by owning and driving an all-electric vehicle, so they don't really have a case for obstructing the right of others to refuel their vehicles. There should be state laws in place to protect the access of vehicle owners to refueling stations, just as there are laws to protect the use of parking spaces for people with disabilities.

Tesla drivers are reporting a spate of "ICE-ing" (an acronym for internal combustion engine) by large trucks at Superchargers across the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...sla-superchargers-in-ice-ing-protests-2018-12

Are they jealous that they can't afford a Tesla, or are their dicks just too small?

Apparently, these dickheads are pissed that in these parking lots, they can no longer park just anywhere, but have to allow some spots dedicated to EVs. Not to mention many listen to Faux news and have gotten bad ideas from Rush Limbaugh who has in the past made some crude comments about riding the asses of Prius owners in his Humvee. Harassing other drivers with aggressive driving. Lush has long attacked the very idea of people wanting to own vehicles that get good gas mileage, that libruls might want to drive. Lush has been doing this for years now.

Sounds like the equivalent of Ronald Reagan ripping out solar panels on the White House. No real reason to do so, just A) they were installed by a political opponent, and B) they speak to conservation of resources, which smells funny to conservatives (pun intended.)

Apparently, these dickheads are pissed that in these parking lots, they can no longer park just anywhere, but have to allow some spots dedicated to EVs. Not to mention many listen to Faux news and have gotten bad ideas from Rush Limbaugh who has in the past made some crude comments about riding the asses of Prius owners in his Humvee. Harassing other drivers with aggressive driving. Lush has long attacked the very idea of people wanting to own vehicles that get good gas mileage, that libruls might want to drive. Lush has been doing this for years now.

Yeah, I think it's an us versus them mentality with what they associate with liberalism. We had a similar incident when a business owner (medical practice) put a "Hate has no home here." sign in his window. It drew the anonymous ire of "coaches and parents" denouncing it as a political statement.

Tesla drivers are reporting a spate of "ICE-ing" (an acronym for internal combustion engine) by large trucks at Superchargers across the US.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...sla-superchargers-in-ice-ing-protests-2018-12

Are they jealous that they can't afford a Tesla, or are their dicks just too small?

I think you might be right. I was thinking the same thing when the Occupy Wall Street protesters were protesting against the 1%. Just your basic "rich envy" coupled with little dicks.

Last edited:

They aren't protesting anything. Like the "rolling coal" onto hybrids (which is a form of assault), this is just a act of aggression to harm people for their personal choices, just for the fun of it. It isn't merely their methods that make them assholes, but moreso their immoral motives.
These are the same folks who would be dragging "queers" beyond their trucks, if the evil gubment weren't around to interfere.

It depends on the purpose of the 'protests'. In my state, all highway and bridge construction and maintenance is funded only by gasoline tax. If the 'protest' is insisting that tesla and other electric vehicle drivers be taxed for their use of the highways like those driving internal combustion vehicles then that seems a reasonable cause.

It would be an attempt to solve the 'free rider problem' (those taking advantage of a system without contributing).

It depends on the purpose of the 'protests'. In my state, all highway and bridge construction and maintenance is funded only by gasoline tax. If the 'protest' is insisting that tesla and other electric vehicle drivers be taxed for their use of the highways like those driving internal combustion vehicles then that seems a reasonable cause.

It would be an attempt to solve the 'free rider problem' (those taking advantage of a system without contributing).

I'd bet dollars to donuts that not one person engaging in these acts has such a motive, and almost none even knows how their state uses gasoline taxes. Also, such acts are not being done in a way to attract media or more general public attention, just personal acts that no one would know about if the Tesla owners didn't post pics of it. This proves they are not any form of protest, but just an attempt to cause harm to other individuals for kicks.

If the 'protest' is insisting that tesla and other electric vehicle drivers be taxed for their use of the highways like those driving internal combustion vehicles then that seems a reasonable cause..
If that was the cause, shouldn't they be parking in front of the gas pumps, preventing sales, thus denying those taxes to the state?

If the 'protest' is insisting that tesla and other electric vehicle drivers be taxed for their use of the highways like those driving internal combustion vehicles then that seems a reasonable cause..
If that was the cause, shouldn't they be parking in front of the gas pumps, preventing sales, thus denying those taxes to the state?

I don't follow. My 'what if' was that they could be upset that there were people 'not paying their fair share' and yet still taking advantage of the system. Those buying gasoline would be paying for their use of the highways. Those not buying gasoline but still using the highways would be free riders taking advantage of those contributing. The 'protesters' would want to use the highways and willing to pay for that use but could be pissed at those using but not paying.

If highways just magically appeared with no one having to pay for them then your scenario could apply.

I don't follow. My 'what if' was that they could be upset that there were people 'not paying their fair share' and yet still taking advantage of the system.
Yeah, got that. But that remains simply bullying.
Inconvenienced drivers do not spontaneously offer to pay taxes in order to stop being bullied.

And it's the politicians who are deciding what is taxed and where those taxes go.

So force a boycott of the gas, cut the funding for the roads, the politicians will need to seek ways to increase revenues. Then suggest taxing the electric cars, too.

Bully the politicians for change, rather than just bully to be assholes.

That, or dress like Indians and throw a bunch of Teslas into the bay.

I’ll take a shot at this. I think they are climate change deniers who drive big trucks (I’ve lived in a rural town for some time now, and learned that driving a big truck is often a personal identity thing, not out of necessity) and see the electric vehicles as an affront to their identity.

Back
Top Bottom