• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will a man step up and be the Counter-Sarkeesian against romance novels?

Also, it's harder for the hero to have a dark and mysterious past that he's afraid the woman will find out when she can just google him.

Good point. Modern erotica needs a modern internet savvy woman. No more secret compartments in the mantle clock, which conceal love letters from the Countess.

Also, it's harder for the hero to have a dark and mysterious past that he's afraid the woman will find out when she can just google him.

ROTFL...

What's dark and mysterious about mens' pasts?

They all want the same thing (albeit perhaps served differently :D) and the only mystery may be whether or not they have actually experienced their desires outside of their own fantasies.

ROTFL...

They all want the same thing (albeit perhaps served differently :D) and the only mystery may be whether or not they have actually experienced their desires outside of their own fantasies.

Every woman wants to know the name of the one who left him with such a high opinion of women.

ROTFL...

Every woman wants to know the name of the one who left him with such a high opinion of women.

Unlikely. After meeting me, he wouldn't even remember what's 'er name. ;)

ROTFL...

Well, in these novels, aren't some of the men vampires, and other things like that?

That sounds more like a Goth romance. I have a friend who writes steamy novels for Harlequin and I don't think she writes about non-existent beings. I suppose there are many genres within romance.

No, bodice rippers can be set at anytime.

I'm sure they can be, but there is a shortage of stable boys once we enter the 20th century. I suppose one could write one set in a women's prison and call it an orange jumpsuit ripper. Romance novels set in contemporary times are more often called "flaming pantie fiction."

But not pool or cabana boys. :diablotin:

I'm sure they can be, but there is a shortage of stable boys once we enter the 20th century. I suppose one could write one set in a women's prison and call it an orange jumpsuit ripper. Romance novels set in contemporary times are more often called "flaming pantie fiction."

But not pool or cabana boys. :diablotin:

That's the Cougarfic genre.

Back
Top Bottom