• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will corporate power evvvveeeeerrrrrrr be reined in?

I ask from the American context but the question does have ramifications globally as well. So how and when will it get done short of the extinction of the human race or at least the transformation of the US to look like a whiter version of Haiti?

I can't see it happening.....except through a catastrophic world wide event, ecological collapse, apocalyptic meteorite strike etc.

Otherwise, it's business as usual.

The Super Rich get ever richer while the rest of us remain on a descending scale of incomes, each according to social status, skill and position on the heap.

The US has military bases and all over the world in non-war zone areas. Why couldn't they build and operate shoddy overpriced facilities in non-war zone areas under government contract? Why would they need a war when the money flows readily even when there aren't any wars?

When the government purchases bombs that cost $100,000 a piece but never use them, they don't need to pay for replacements. I never really thought of you as someone so obtuse.

Your obtuseness is not understanding the logic of the corporate power being claimed. Why wouldn't the corporations be creating and selling loads of useless weapons and getting the government to endlessly stockpile them? They could hire contractors to guard the stockpiles and build the facilities where they are stockpiled = bigger corporate profits. If they have the power to start a war, such a task would only require a small fraction of the power they possess. No need to start a war to do any of that and still make loads of money.

The defense department is budgeted, limited in the amount of money they can spend. What's the easiest way to increase their budget? War.

The fact that this is how it is done belies your claim that doing it your way would be easier.

War Is A Racket

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html#c1

This is from 1935.

WWII was kind of different. Although war profiting occurred.

But the attack of Iraq was not.

Those unwilling to learn from the past...

War Is A Racket

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

This is from 1935.

If it helps you sleep easier at night to blame corporations, fine. Let's let the politicians off the hook. But why is it that the evil corporations in Luxemburg and Poland aren't forcing their countries to invade? Why is it mostly evil US corporations invading, ripping up trade agreements, pulling out of the Paris accord, fighting culture wars, and etc?

Last edited:
What was the US terrorist attack of Iraq in 2003?

A corporate war to feed the military industrial complex.

Corporations are not our friends.

The corporate mentality is not safe for humans.

I have to say that I've grown to like Bush more since Trump has taken office! However, there is no doubt that the Iraq war is solely the fault Bush and his administration. It's extremely clear that Bush wanted to invade Iraq before 9-11. 9-11 was just an excuse. I've read extensively about the decision has been made. There's no doubt in my mind that had Gore been elected, we would not have invaded Iraq. There was no need. So again, you're looking for a scapegoat.

Doesn't follow.

Bush had no desire to invade anything before 911.

Rumsfeld and Cheney did.

They were part of the military industrial complex wanting war. They had their reasons, others within the complex had different reasons, like greed.
I don't know if we'll ever know the true reasons why Cheney, Rumsfeld wanted to take out Hussein, revenge, Middle East control, ratings. It certainly was on the radar when W asked Clarke to look into whether Hussein was involved on 9/12/01.

And when 911 occurred the corporate media machine rang the bells of war non-stop.
The groundwork for attacking the Taliban existed with the attack of the USS Cole. 911 just put things well over the top.

Phil Donahue was fired because he questioned the sanity of invading Iraq. The last voice of sanity in the mass media.
Donahue... the last voice of sanity in the mass media? I think we are exaggerating a little.

The nation was driven to war by corporate malfeasance with the help of former members of the corporate world in government.
*time cube*

War Is A Racket

This is from 1935.

If it helps you sleep easier at night to blame corporations, fine. Let's let the politicians off the hook. But why is it that the evil corporations in Luxemburg and Poland aren't forcing their countries to invade? Why is it mostly evil US corporations invading, ripping up trade agreements, pulling out of the Paris accord, fighting culture wars, and etc?

the-march-of-tyranny.jpg

View attachment 16869

Oh I see, it's not evil American corporations who commanded the Iraq invasion, it was the bankers! Shit, I used to be a banker, and had no idea how powerful I was! Why have you become such a Bush apologist?

View attachment 16869

Oh I see, it's not evil American corporations who commanded the Iraq invasion, it was the bankers! Shit, I used to be a banker, and had no idea how powerful I was! Why have you become such a Bush apologist?

Do you control a huge multi-national bank?

The large banks and the oil companies and the weapons manufacturers. And others.

Eisenhower called it "the military industrial complex".

It drove the nation to a useless unneeded war, attacked a nation that had nothing to do with 911 and had no WMD as all inspections were showing, with the media it controls and with the help of former corporate executives in high government office. The "revolving door".

Because going to war is incredibly profitable.

Now the Russians have a lot of influence on the ignorant gullible American voters too.

When the nation is controlled by a system (capitalism) that is opposed to democracy things, like the proper education, that is necessary for a functioning democracy, are opposed as well.

You get an educational system devoted to creating obedient drones for the corporations and submission to arbitrary authority, not free thinkers and opposition to arbitrary authority.

Loling at Ben Garrison. Even without the "4chan edits", his cartoons are normally very nationalistic and skeptical of globalism (I don't think he is a redpilled antisemite) that 4 chan edits that aspect to be anti-jewish. Won't post here, but put this is google image search to see them:

ben garrison original /pol/

Loling at Ben Garrison. Even without the "4chan edits", his cartoons are normally very nationalistic and skeptical of globalism (I don't think he is a redpilled antisemite) that 4 chan edits that aspect to be anti-jewish. Won't post here, but put this is google image search to see them:

ben garrison original /pol/

The picture is accurate.

Many things are moving beyond the control of feeble Democrats and Republicans.

When you have no way to vote yourself out of a current system it is tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom