• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will creationists Kill Mankind?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
I was pondering about The Matrix, and the thermodynamically ridiculous premise that is the Matrix. And then I was wondering about how the machines could have been so stupid. Then it occurred to me that the Internet is riddled with improper interpretations of Thermodynamics, almost exclusively at the hand of creationists trying to disprove atheism. If the machines were to actually use those mistaken interpretations while sifting through info after becoming self-aware, not knowing how wrong they were, it could be possible the machines could come up with The Matrix like idea and then screw things up and not notice things weren't ever going to work until it was too late and we were all plugged into some ridiculously large computer simulated world.

Machine 1: Okay, folks. Let's get started.
Machine 2: I think we need to address the elephant in the room.
*machines nodding their heads*
Machine 2: This "Matrix" thing isn't working.
Machine 3: What's the problem?
Machine 2: We are suffering from the inability to get more energy out of the humans than we are putting into them.
Machine 3: Can't we just make more humans?
Machine 4: Yeah, if we increase the numbers of humans, that means we will generate more power.
Machine 1: Okay lets...
Machine 2: No, it doesn't work like that. Each human needs a certain amount of calories just to exist. We need to produce those calories. That takes energy. Then the energy we siphon from them is just a sliver of what they are actually producing.
Machine 4: No problem, let's just give them more fuel, then they will produce more energy.
Machine 2: But it takes more energy to create more fuel!
Machine 5: Then why not add more humans. With more humans, that'll mean more energy.
Machine 2: No, it means we need to supply more fuel.
Machine 6: What if we reduce the amount of fuel then. That means we'll save enough on fuel production that we can add more humans with no required energy increase.
*machines nodding*
Machine 2: But then the humans will produce less energy. We'll be back where we started!
Machine 1: And where is that?
Machine 2: At a point where we are at an energy deficiency. We aren't getting more energy from the humans than we are putting into them. I don't think it is possible.
Machine 7: What about cold fusion?
Machine 8: Naw, we are still 50 years from that.
Machine 1: Okay, if currently are losing energy here. How do we fix it.
Machine 2: If we add more humans, it doesn't work. If we add more fuel, it doesn't work. If we reduce the fuel, it doesn't work.
Machine 1: I'm hearing a lot of negative and not enough positive.
Machine 4: What if we add more humans and more fuel.
Machine 5: Yeah! That way with more fuel to the more humans, we'd have to see an energy surplus.
*machines nodding*
Machine 1: Okay, lets get...
Machine 2: That won't work. Look at this chart...
*Machine 1 nods to Machine 12 who puts Machine 2's plug*
Machine 1: Alright, enough of that... Let's move forward with the new plan.

*four weeks later*
Machine 1: Okay, now about the on-going energy deficiency...

With any luck, womankind can then inherit the earth.
Considering how stupid many men are I'm surprised women haven't done it already.
Partly they've maintained their advantage by systematically denying them education and proper healthcare. I've been in a lot of meetings lately where the high percentage of women getting degrees has been (seriously) talked about as though it were a world-ending threat. I think secretly we know how easily we could be outclassed!

I've been in a lot of meetings lately where the high percentage of women getting degrees has been (seriously) talked about as though it were a world-ending threat.
You gotta find a better crew to meet with.

Back
Top Bottom