• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will GOP denouncements of Trump make a big difference?

Now McCain has withdrawn his support for the Trumpster. How might that affect Arizona? It's always voted. Repub, but always on the cusp. Could McCain's withdrawal and Trump attacking him cause enough of a shift?

Losing that many electoral votes would kill the Trump campaign. There'd be no way to recover. We'll know in about a week after new polls come out.

SLD

Arizona was already tilting the razor's edge towards Clinton, with what I can only assume is mostly data prior to Trump's bimbo eruption this weekend:
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

The fact that Trump is having to fight for Arizona, never mind Iowa is also now tilting Clinton's way, it is looking ugly for him...but yeah come next Monday the polling data should tell how bad the trend is for him.

Now McCain has withdrawn his support for the Trumpster. How might that affect Arizona? It's always voted. Repub, but always on the cusp. Could McCain's withdrawal and Trump attacking him cause enough of a shift?

It has been a long time since we've voted for a Democrat in the Presidential election, but otherwise we're not completely red. My rep in Congress is a religiously unaffiliated openly bisexual Democrat. Gabby Giffords was a Democrat. Tempe, Tucson, and parts of Phoenix are fairly blue, and for awhile we had a Democratic Governor before Obama tapped her to head Homeland Security.

Senate-wise, McCain has always been a maverick/moderate, and Flake has been anti-Trump all along. Plus there's a decent chance that 'ole Sheriff Joe might finally not just lose an election, but his freedom as well. Add to that the fact that the Arizona Republic endorsed their first Democratic Presidential candidate since dinosaurs ruled the Earth and I think you've got a perfect storm that might turn the state a pale shade of blue.

My popcorn runneth over. I'm foolishly poll-watching.
Foolish because following it does nothing. But it entertains me. I was scared for a while.

Foolish because following it does nothing. But it entertains me. I was scared for a while.

That dude was getting creepily close to the Presidency. It's nice to see that the world does go ahead and right itself every now and again.

Same here. It was scary for awhile when Trump looked like he might be able to pull this off. Now Clinton is beginning to pull away in a major way. Poll watching has almost been like watching football. Groan when the other team scores, cheer when you team pulls a win out of a near loss. Now it's fun to see if Clinton can put Florida away, or even take Utah. I find it irritating when the last Huffington poll update was 12 hours ago.

The defections matter. Not to Trump's fully invested 38% -- they've had the full measure of the man like the rest of us have had, and they like what they see. I don't understand a particle of their admiration, but they like what they see.
There's something they see that they like, but that's something different.

Ryan is the nail that will kill Trump. I hope Trump pisses him off enough that he doesn't just stay neutral but says he's voting for Clinton. Yes it will cost him the leadership but he'll be remembered for having done something noble.

It seems some elections focused on where the Presidential candidates allegedly put their peckers. Bill Clinton now Trump. Still it's more entertaining than talking economics.

Though talking economics might surely have considerably more point. I wish someone had taught the Brexiteer mugs that art before they paddled us up shit creek.

It seems some elections focused on where the Presidential candidates allegedly put their peckers. Bill Clinton now Trump. Still it's more entertaining than talking economics.

Though talking economics might surely have considerably more point. I wish someone had taught the Brexiteer mugs that art before they paddled us up shit creek.

In the UK it doesn't seem such an artful subject as long as this is between consenting adults.

It's entertaining in a freak show kind of way. Here's my two bucks...where's the two headed chicken and the Indian mummy with the hair still growing?

Denouncement will have little effect on the modern day GOP voter. These people are not into compromising. It's traitorous to them.

Back
Top Bottom