• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trudeau be cancelled?

What you ordered online
MV5BMjQ2ODIyMjY4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY4ODI2NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

What arrived in the mail.
justin-trudea-brownface.jpg

But seriously, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but we will never get past the hangups about race until we lighten up about silly things like this.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience is that the left doesn't like Trudeau because he supports genocidal extraction of oil from lands inhabited by the Wetʼsuwetʼen,
There is nothing "genocidal" about oil extraction in Canada. It's a vicious lie. And with these Wet ones, it's not even oil extraction, just a gas pipeline that they object to. But it certainly isn't "genocidal".

among other horrible positions and policies he has presided over
Apparently I am not allowed to mention his policy of paying an Islamic terrorist and high traitor Omar Khadr $10,000,000 because last time I mentioned it it was censored, but this is a horrible position that makes him underserving of victory.

The left has cancelled Trudeau long ago, he's a neoliberal stooge. Basically Canada's version of Bobby Newport from Parks and Recreation

Well, this would explain why he's coasting to an easy re-election.

Why do you think he is cruising to an easy election? CBC's poll tracker has the liberals and conservative not far apart at all.

The NDP was actually polling very well into the previous election, and the NDP is generally considered left of the Liberals (if that is still accurate).

That's debatable. The Greens are definitely considerably further left though. The NDP are well to the left of the liberals on unions but not much else. Actually, this time out according to their platforms, even the Conservative Party is not extremely different from the Liberals and NDP. The differences are minor. All of them are well to the left of US norms. We do have the small and new PPC who are like US right wingers, but they are polling at 3% right now, as opposed to the Liberals and Conservatives hovering each around 34%.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

According to this editorialist opinion, Trudeau isn't as dreamy as many Americans thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/opinion/trudeau-brownface-canada.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Characteristically for politicians, it started with a failed promise. In early 2017, the Trudeau government announced it wouldn’t be pursuing electoral reform, despite making it a major part of the Liberal Party platform. (The reforms were part of a broader effort to make Canada’s parliamentary system proportionately representative.)

Then, in 2018, Mr. Trudeau made one of his most shocking moves: purchasing the Trans Mountain Pipeline, which runs from Alberta to coastal British Columbia, as part of an expansion project to increase capacity and add portions of new pipeline. Coming from a prime minister who said he was committed to green energy and tackling climate change, the move angered environmentalists and some Indigenous nations who oppose the pipeline, including those who had supported Mr. Trudeau.

Mr. Trudeau’s public image as a liberal feminist committed to gender equality also took a hit with the more recent affair involving the Montreal-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin. The details of this evolving and very Canadian political scandal are difficult to explain. But in brief, it started with allegations that Mr. Trudeau’s office tried to interfere in then-Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould’s investigation into the firm. The important part, for Mr. Trudeau’s brand, is that following the resignation of Ms. Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott, a former Treasury Board president, from Mr. Trudeau’s cabinet, the prime minister kicked them out of his party. For many, this was a shocking way to treat two of his most prominent female allies, including the country’s first Indigenous justice minister.

I never had an opinion of Trudeau. I'm not a Canadian, so I have no skin in this game. Now, if people in other countries would stop telling Americans who we should vote for, that would be nice.

All of them are well to the left of US norms.
Are they really? When most of our Democratic candidates want to ban fracking and oppose any pipelines being built.

On most issues, yes they are. Really. Not as compared to Bernie etc, but compared to most Democrats the Canadian Conservatives are to the left.

For those interested in the happenings:

https://www.macleans.ca/multimedia/photo/the-mr-dressup-prime-minister/

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...kAhWoHDQIHZFVAt8QsAR6BAgIEAE&biw=1398&bih=636

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jaspal-atwal-invite-dinner-sophie-1.4545881

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-india-spending-scheer-1.4829121

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau-blackface-1.5290066

The India visit was an official trip, not a vacation.

Who paid for the dress-up clothes, materials, fitting and tailoring? The Canadian taxpayer? Trudeau out of his considerable fortune?

What has been done with these theatrical clothes since the trip? Or the other Fancy Dress uniforms etc??

Who of his advisers considered all this as a good idea in 2018?

He was too young and naive in 2001, aged 29 to know his behaviour was racist?

Perhaps he is too young and naive to continue as Prime Minister?

Let us hope he does not result in the Liberals losing this election.

Last edited:
The left has cancelled Trudeau long ago, he's a neoliberal stooge. Basically Canada's version of Bobby Newport from Parks and Recreation

Well, this would explain why he's coasting to an easy re-election.

Why do you think he is cruising to an easy election? CBC's poll tracker has the liberals and conservative not far apart at all.

Who cares? What does that have to do with election results? Being up by 50 points in places in the Prairies isn't more useful than being up by 5% and the Liberals have a massive advantage in seat distribution, which is what counts. This is like the argument that the Dems in the US won the popular vote - it's not a factor in determining who wins.

I never had an opinion of Trudeau. I'm not a Canadian, so I have no skin in this game. Now, if people in other countries would stop telling Americans who we should vote for, that would be nice.

Well, if the decisions of your government would stop fucking up the rest of the world, we'd stop having an opinion. So long as there's a retarded bull crashing around in a china shop, though, the other customers standing in that china shop are going to feel free to weigh in about it.

This won't take down Trudeau, but he may go down. There is an election set for next month. Canada may bring the Conservative Party back. But do keep in mind that the conservatives in Canada are actually to the left of the Democrats in the US, so it isn't as scary as it sounds.

My initial impression is that it doesn't look that way. It seems that the only people who are actually offended by it are the ones who are pretending to be offended for partisan purposes and most everyone else is just kind of annoyed that it's being brought up as an actual "issue". I don't see this as being a factor at all.

Well, yeah, that is true of every single instance of "omg he once went to a party as someone of a different race." The only thing that makes this even a little different is that Trudeau is on the side that usually gets pseudo-outraged, and this time they are being called to apply their standards consistently against one of their own. Those affecting outrage aren't actually affecting outrage as much as they are saying "well, where's the outrage?"

This won't take down Trudeau, but he may go down. There is an election set for next month. Canada may bring the Conservative Party back. But do keep in mind that the conservatives in Canada are actually to the left of the Democrats in the US, so it isn't as scary as it sounds.

My initial impression is that it doesn't look that way. It seems that the only people who are actually offended by it are the ones who are pretending to be offended for partisan purposes and most everyone else is just kind of annoyed that it's being brought up as an actual "issue". I don't see this as being a factor at all.

Well, yeah, that is true of every single instance of "omg he once went to a party as someone of a different race." The only thing that makes this even a little different is that Trudeau is on the side that usually gets pseudo-outraged, and this time they are being called to apply their standards consistently against one of their own. Those affecting outrage aren't actually affecting outrage as much as they are saying "well, where's the outrage?"
I think you mean the racists are upset that Trudeau says sorry and 2 in 1 Canadians (from a CKLW poll) don’t think this matters.

The racists are angry that their racism is called out against them.

It's ALMOST like you're misinterpreting the cause of the outrage. Almost ...

Well, at least Jimmy got to call *someone* a racist.

Just not the guy in the blackface.

Well, if the decisions of your government would stop fucking up the rest of the world, we'd stop having an opinion. So long as there's a retarded bull crashing around in a china shop, though, the other customers standing in that china shop are going to feel free to weigh in about it.

They can have an opinion, but when they tell people how to vote, it just pisses people off. That's my point. And, while our current president is fucking things up, let's be honest. The US is just one country in a long line of countries that fucks things up. Unfortunately, our current idiot in the WH likes to align himself with the worst of the worst. The US, even when we have a decent president is damned if we do and damned if we don't'. Y'all should never have given the US so much power if you didn't like what the US was doing. ;)

Btw, one of my closest black friends was very upset this morning about what Trudeau did. I tried to explain to her that a lot of white people are simply clueless when it comes to what is considered racist and offensive to black people. She was shocked. I've told her this before. I've told her that a lot of white people never even interact with many black people so they are totally clueless. Perhaps that was the case with Trudeau. It's up to your voters to decide if he committed some unpardonable sin.

I just thought the editorial by the Canadian woman in the NYTimes this morning was interesting because apparently, there are a lot of things that Trudeau has done that has made some Canadian liberals pissed off, and that was news to me. Just putting it out here, but not telling anyone how to vote.

I just thought the editorial by the Canadian woman in the NYTimes this morning was interesting because apparently, there are a lot of things that Trudeau has done that has made some Canadian liberals pissed off, and that was news to me. Just putting it out here, but not telling anyone how to vote.

He got into office based on his last name primarily. That's not a good thing. But he's with the mainstream party that is slightly to the left of the other mainstream party and we are in the middle of an election, so liberals don't want to bail on him, despite his immense hypocrisy. As for saying who you'd vote for or learning bout Canadian politics and having opinions, by all means, go for it. Canadians would be rather surprised and impressed if foreigners cared to do that. As for "telling you how to vote", who actually demands that you vote a certain way? People having opinions or supporting one of your candidates in one of your elections is not telling you how you must vote.

I think you mean the racists are upset that Trudeau says sorry and 2 in 1 Canadians (from a CKLW poll) don’t think this matters.

No, that's not what I mean. What I mean is written above in plain English. This faux-outrage is due to the lack of faux-outrage from the usual suspects.

2 in 1? You mean 200% of Canadians don't care?

The racists are angry that their racism is called out against them.

Well, you finally got to call someone racist over this, so you are happy.

All of them are well to the left of US norms.
Are they really? When most of our Democratic candidates want to ban fracking and oppose any pipelines being built.

On most issues, yes they are. Really. Not as compared to Bernie etc, but compared to most Democrats the Canadian Conservatives are to the left.

Why do you say this? I looked at the platform for the Canadian Conservatives: they want lower business taxes, lower personal taxes, less regulation, free trade, increased military spending, balanced budget (or as they say it mindful of society's responsibility to future generations). I don't see how they disagree with Trump on any environmental issue. Sure they want to keep their health care system. But that isn't very bold to me. They already have their health care. They wouldn't run on taking it away. On what issues are they more liberal than American democrats?

Back
Top Bottom